Do you have any strange fears?

Options

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I would say people, but I consider that a perfectly rational fear. Humans are nasty little beasties.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Chicken and birds...anything with feathers really! Absolutely terrified of them!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    My ex was afraid of tomatoes (seriously. I went years without eating them when I was married to him, now I can't get enough!).

I don't think I have any strange fears unless you count an A student always certain of failing grades (seriously, even if I don't study at all I make either As or Bs).
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Metal touching my teeth...which is odd when you consider I had my tongue pierced for 6 years.
  • NinjaTheGinger
    NinjaTheGinger Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I strangely afraid of balloons, the ones filled with helium that can float and move by themselves. Yes, I know the logical reason as to why they do move, but I can't stop feeling that they have an... ''angry'' presence. Ew.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am phobic of fish....not just large fish, but goldfish....any fish, but not Mammals...love dolphins, my favorite! However, if I see a fish,( minnow, bass...fresh water or salt water) I have the ability to walk on water!

SIGH!
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wasps! And eyeballs... and getting stung in the eyeball by a wasp :( It's enough to bring me to tears if I think about it long enough
  • mrstravisjones
    mrstravisjones Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I fear being stripped of my second amendment rights.

this is not strange or irrational, but completely scary and real. :-(

my strange fear: ice skating
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Fish with 'teeth' after unexpectedly catching one and pulling it into my boat, not having a clue as to what it was. Yikes! It was a walleye. lol
    Electricity, but I guess that's not strange and we should fear it.
    Spiders, because I've had 2 brown recluse bites in my life. The first one was the worst. It was between my big toe and the 2nd one. The Dr. took a pair of tweezers and grabbed the black blister, twisted it and ripped my skin. It was the most horrific pain I had ever felt and it lasted for months. The second one was on my arm. The skin turned black, cracked and fell off in chunks. I refused to see a Dr. for that one. Luckily it healed well and I have no scars. So.. now I HATE ANY SPIDERS AND THEY ALL NEED TO DIE. I will kill a spider with any means and that includes hair spray, lysol and while camping, I use a torch. lol
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Agreed! It's time to stuff the gun safe before criminals are the only people with 'legal' guns!
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Clowns. I get all sweaty and nervous just thinking about them.
    Stairs. I have to hold on to the rail or the wall and go down very slowly and God forbid someone touch me while I'm on the stairs.
    Crowds of people, especially in a confined space. I completely shut down.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    being forgotten

and music box music
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a phobia of wasps and hornets, but bees don't bother me in the least. The odd thing to me is that I've never been stung in my life.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Agreed! It's time to stuff the gun safe before criminals are the only people with 'legal' guns!

Your statement doesn't even make sense... but okay.

I don't really have any weird phobias or anything. I'm not fond of popsicle sticks on my tongue, but not enough that I don't eat popsicles.. lol..
  • Gary844
    Gary844 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cracking an egg open on the side of a frying pan and a little chick falling into the hot pan.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I have a fear that the people I love will hit their head(s) while swimming, and drown...not afraid of drowning myself, just my husband and children.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i wont open a can of biscuits. I yelp every time.
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of ice or anything frozen. It may not be a fear, but it's like a nails on the chalkboard sort of thing. It makes me freak out. So I avoid it.

Like when someone bites a Mr. Freeze or their ice cream. My whole body breaks out in goosebumps and I have to leave the room. I can't even think about it.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Amazing what the brain can make you feel or do! All your fears/phobias are so strange to me!

I have no phobias or extreme fears that will prevent me from enjoying life to the fullest. Yet, I am scared of dying. I don't wanna die. Thinking that one day, I'm gonna close my eyes, and never ever see life... gives me goosebumps! Brrrr!
    But yeah... I don't like bugs and spiders, the classic...

FEET!!!! I HATE FEET!

Someone gets there feet near me I tense up, If they don't have socks on I go into panic mode... The feel touch me I FREAK. I am talking scream, cry and move the farthest I can away from them. Family thinks it is funny to put their feet on me while in the car... I am trying to wedge myself against the dashboard and crawl in the area between the windsheild and dashboard. .

I have to ask...

If they creeps you out that much... what do you do with your own feet!?
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know if anyone out there has any strange fears?

I have this strange fear of 4WDing, I don't know why, it makes me tense and sick to my stomach whenever I go. I guess it's the slow bumping rolling and thumping of it all, and getting stuck every 5 mins is no fun! I hope to face this fear one day as I do like to be out in the wilderness.

I also don't like being in confined spaces up high, either on their own I can handle but together does not sit well with me. Another odd fear is any large flightless bird bigger than a turkey, it's the huge feet, long necks and beady eyes *shivers*

What are your odd fears?

Getting stuck every 5 min? You are going 4wd'ing with the wrong person!!!!

Anywho...to answer, I fear NOTHING! (well, my wife every now and then when I piss her off but, I think that's just normal fear and not strange) lol