Perverted Messages

Options
BurtHuttz
BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
Hello everyone.

For those new to this site, you should be aware that many people are very candid and friendly and share pictures of themselves and their progress. The atmosphere is very collegial.

However there is a darker side, where internet predators lurk looking for prey for their desires. Please use good judgement when corresponding with members of this site and when accepting friend requests.

This is not a thread for silly gif or to make light of a very, very serious subject. It's important that community members are aware of this, and, if someone asks you for photographs of yourself nude or in other compromised positions, it is important to report that to the site operators.

Please don't be put off - this is a wonderfully supportive site full of wonderful, and supportive people, however, keep your wits about you as you would on the street, and know that just because someone has an attractive profile picture, or claims to be a female, doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't after you.

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Sausage PSA would have been a good title for this thread too.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Damn, and I thought this was going to be a thread full of "perverted messages". :huh:
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Sausage PSA would have been a good title for this thread too.

I don't understand. This isn't about food and nutrition?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, some of these people have already weaseled their way onto people's FLs..and they have them convinced that they're good people.
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    Already had a couple of so called 'members' I've since blocked do to some very odd messages.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    The cool people are the only ones worth staying here for. :)
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Unfortunately, some of these people have already weaseled their way onto people's FLs..and they have them convinced that they're good people.

Yes. Good point DontStopB. Even the people whom you've already befriended may be waiting for a vulnerable moment to strike and slake their disgusting thirst.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Yep, the creepers exist. The key is getting rid of them when you figure out who they are.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    And this is why I don't post my unblurred face, my real location, or my real name. Little good will it do a perv to be on my friendlist!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Oh crap. This thread was posted too late for me.
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Oh crap. This tread was posted too late for me.

If you have been victimized it may not be too late to take action. This is our community too.
  • yeah_im_that_girl_
    Options
    This has happened a multiple of times to me and a few of my friends. One lurks now that bothers people. I remember getting messages from a user named malenurseinpa. He was literally sickening and was reported and his account was deleted shortly after. another one is watergallagher. I haven't personally been affected by him but a few of my friends have. There are others that are in our midst and I strongly encourage watching who you add. I have been burned too many times by adding everyone. It is terrible how these people can do it and be okay with themselves. One day I hope that doesn't happen anymore.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    good post. They're out there.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

can we be friends?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    This thread should be stickied right at the top for all to see.
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    OnoBw.gif
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    oh yes i have..... there were actually 1 guy who tried to have me talk dirty to him i quickly deleted him...

also i change my profile picture ALOT and i seem to get some friend requests from the same guys 5 times already....... and its very annoying.... i dont usually add male friends unless they are very supportive for that reason.............

be careful ladies......... !!

by the way... to the OP you have actually sent me a friend request 2 times already.... but maybe u didnt realize because i change my pic occassionally.....you werent creepy or anything......... lol.. i dont think,.. but then again im wondering why a male would start this topic rather than a female lol..

by the way the guy who was trying to make me talk dirty to him was named joe_smo..... he started off by saying he is new here and didnt have many friends and wish i could support him but after i looked at his profile he had ALOT of friends.....
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Is it perverted if I send nude photos WITHOUT being asked?
This discussion has been closed.