Public Restroom Flushing

Options
1234568»

Replies

• kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I guess this is the perfect area to share this story.

So one day after my Physical Training on the Navy base I went to take a shower. NOW THESE SHOWERS ARE RIGHT NEXT TO THE BATHROOM WITH ABOUT 6 URINALS LINED UP. I'm mid shower when another Navy guy walks in. The showers are set up as open and in a rectangular shape. The other Navy guy decides to turn around and PEE in the middle of the showers!!!!!!

I was like dude, WTF????

haha, i thought the worst was when one of the toilets would overflow during rough seas and you gotta lift your feet up everytime the *kitten* water comes sloshing in your direction.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I bruce lee kick the flush button on toliets just cause I feel badass doing so.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    For the foot flushers:

Would you rather flush with your hands and then immediately wash them

or

with your shoe, which won't get washed, which will touch your floors, your hands when you take them off, your babies and dogs chew on or play with them, thus passing that back to your when you kiss your babies or dogs, etc....?

OMG, this this this!!!! I can't believe nobody has brought that up until now. Don't a lot of people jump onto their beds with their shoes still on or tuck their feet up on the couch at their homes? AFTER foot-flushing?? *Shudder*

Nope, shoes come off as soon as you walk in the house. Why would I track in the dirt off the street/park/subway/ferry into my home?

Agreed...who the heck leaves their shoes on let alone lets their kids suck on them? I mean REALLY??? Born in a barn?
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    Office/Restaurant/Theater/Anywhere not a private home with obvious cleaning rituals.

Do you use your foot or hand to flush? Even with push button ones or the automatic ones that might be off timer-wise or broken.

I use my foot even if the damn thing is eye level. I'm NOT touching that thing.

To be honest, even in some friends/family homes, I'll still hover and use a napkin/tissue.

same here.
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I flush it with my hand, knowing full well that I am going to wash my hands in the next thirty seconds, and that I possess a strong and adequate immune system.

I am not afraid of germs.

This. I do use a paper towel to open the door once leaving tho.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I do not have germaphobia at all. I just flush it. Then I wash my hands.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    i actually have a nasty story. well for me..

this guy i know who used to live on his home had a dirty house and his bathroom was just as gross...there was a huge dead insect right next to the nasty bar of soap!!! i was so disgusted!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I also just want to say that shoes are probably the grossest thing we have when you think about all the places you walk with them on, especially when in the city. So, I also keep those at the door and don't wear them inside my home.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Naomi
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Naomi

You rang?