Unsolicited Pictures - have you ever? would you ever?

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time.

I'm outside your window, doing it now.

YAY!

*flashes you*

Since you're here... cmon in for a drink?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Creepiest shtuff of life
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time.

YAY!

*flashes you*

I'll be there in five. Just let me pack up my camera lenses.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I'd charge for each picture taken.

and well you should. just sayin.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I do it all the time.

YAY!

*flashes you*

I'll be there in five. Just let me pack up my camera lenses.

LMFAO!!! :smooched:
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Okay I have done this - Anyone watch Sons of Anarchy? WELL Ron Perlman was having breakfast at one of the places I go to and I totally got busted taking pictures of him LOL He came over to my table and I met him, was so awesome!
    But here is me totally getting busted for being a creeper.

29553101523243993150511.jpg

Note: I would never do this to some random hot guy though! haha
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Okay I have done this - Anyone watch Sons of Anarchy? WELL Ron Perlman was having breakfast at one of the places I go to and I totally got busted taking pictures of him LOL He came over to my table and I met him, was so awesome!

Jae! Bahaha...you are creep for sure, that's why I make love to you every night, the fact that we've never met is a mere trifle of a matter.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    SVCat - you have NO idea what I do to you every night... Rawr!
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    If you're in a public place, you're fair game. You don't have a right to not have your picture taken.

^^^^ Creep Alert!!!!! Creep Alert!!!!^^^^^^^^

That guy? NAHHH!!!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I took a pic of a random guy once (once) at a mall but only cause he looked like someone straight out of a "who dun it" book and it inspired me to write quite a large chunk of a story. It is impossible to make out any of his specific details, he wasn't "cute" and Ive since deleted the photo. It was spontaneous and hasn't been repeated, but might if I see another storybook character that wants me to tell his (or her!) story :)
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    He would have to be like, Channing Tatum or Jax Teller hot and then maybe I would do it very inconspicuously.
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    When you're out in the club and you see a fly girl
    Do the Creep
    img_7718_the-creep-feat-nicki-minaj.jpg?w=529
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you're in a public place, you're fair game. You don't have a right to not have your picture taken.

Incorrect. You have a right to your image no matter where it is captured, unless you are a celebrity, or famous person. And even then, there are limits (though these days it seems to be otherwise). That's why photographers require people to sign models releases when they photograph them. The only exception is when you are in public, and the photo that is taken cannot identify the person in the photo, i.e., a silhoutte taken on a public beach.

To the OP's question, it's creepy. As a photographer, I have inadvertently taken photos of people in public places, such as the lake or the beach, if they wonder into my frame. But in a bar, restaurant or other venue? It's not cool.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    He would have to be like, Channing Tatum or Jax Teller hot and then maybe I would do it very inconspicuously.

^This
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    The other day I was in Target buying up a _bunch_ of SlimFast...

This girl behind me kept, kind of obviously, taking pictures of me while I checked out...

Pretty sure I'm on someone's Facebook now. "Fat guy buys SlimFast" or "Hot guy buys SlimFast" :) or something.

:)

Doesn't bother me. If I wanted privacy - I wouldn't hang out in public.
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Guilty. It has always been for personal use and I don't think I've ever done so of someone I find particularly attractive. I normally do so to capture a moment of something I have witnessed that I found/find interesting, or beautiful, or serene, or just a great setting. ...a father and son at a park playing, a woman reading a book during her lunch hour in front of the state capital, a man and woman reading a memorial plaque, a couple enjoying a sunset...

I don't reget a single photo, if I was "caught" and asked to delete it would be a done deal (even though I'm not even a decent photog and most get deleted soon anyway) and WAY more often than not I see something I wish I had gotten a pic of and never think to do so until well after the moment.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options

LOL thats so funny. Really cute pic. I saw a picture where this girl tried to take a picture of a" weird" looking guy on the bus and she was trying to be all sneaky about it but she forgot her flash was on....and she was on a dark bus and the picture was just him staring directly at her as a flash goes off bahhaha but i did feel a bit bad about that one though. I mean he just had a giant unibrow.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Guilty. It has always been for personal use and I don't think I've ever done so of someone I find particularly attractive. I normally do so to capture a moment of something I have witnessed that I found/find interesting, or beautiful, or serene, or just a great setting. ...a father and son at a park playing, a woman reading a book during her lunch hour in front of the state capital, a man and woman reading a memorial plaque, a couple enjoying a sunset...

I don't reget a single photo, if I was "caught" and asked to delete it would be a done deal (even though I'm not even a decent photog and most get deleted soon anyway) and WAY more often than not I see something I wish I had gotten a pic of and never think to do so until well after the moment.

I think that's different.

I see a difference between genuine photography and grainy cellphone pics taken in a bar because a guy is 'hot'.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Okay, maybe *I* am one of the creepy ones...

That said, I can explain, LOL...

I am a photographer and a writer, and I tend to blog a lot . There have only been two times that I have taken someone's picture without asking (I normally do ask, btw): One time was at a festival and this girl had the whole whale tale butt crack thing going on, so yes, I snapped the picture, but I also pixelated the face when I uploaded it to my computer. The other situation was over a girl's weekend at the coast last summer, and this very elderly, very thin guy walked the beach every day in a mini-speedo. Each day was a different color, so yes...I camera phone'd him. I wanted proof, as I didn't think anyone would believe me. :)

But random hotties in a social situation? Nope, not without permission.

(P.S. Unless one plans on using said image for profit, anyone is fair game legally. That doesn't make it right, just legal. I also have a stack of SIGNED model releases, because I can't afford to be sued, LOL..)
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I have a few photos of strangers...many "unsolicited"

why ? I was chilling in london with a camera (your in a public place now) and the image was too good NOT to take (please note these photos only went towards my A-level AND were not obscene or actually focused on the subjects. My subjects tend to be aware and recently been nude :blushing:

I also went up and asked a REALLY hot guy on a bike - He said yes and I nearly died !!

Do I regret it, nope why....pshh I got my A* and that portfolio now means I do events :bigsmile:

THANKS STRANGERS ON THE STREETS OF LONDON :flowerforyou:

note : also took one of a stranger on the tube (I asked afterwards and she asked me to email it to her aswell :bigsmile: )