You have the best *%$#

Options

Replies

• VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That my heart sees world with eyes of God.
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    Options
    When one of my soldiers said, "Sir, I would follow you into battle."

This is a man of integrity and self discipline! Thank you for your service!
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    Options
    When my kids (now in their late 20's) ask AND FOLLOW my advice.

Mom who did her parenting right! :flowerforyou:
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I'm insightful. With past job training and experience I can profile people just watching their body language, the terms they use and the way they say it. I have the ability to stand back and really understand where the person is coming from and give sound advice based on what I see. I am usually the person people come to when they need help.

I make friends fairly quickly. On my gym member screen when I sign in it says I am "The ambassador" because I have made a lot friends there and tend to talk to new people all the time.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    humm maybe in the park with my van with no windows they said i have the best candy and free puppies
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    The other day my 14 year old said to me "Mom, I wonder what it's like to be you." I asked her why and she replied "Because you're amazing." I couldn't ask for a nicer compliment.
    Wow now that's pretty awesome for a 14 year old to say to her Mom! I can see why it touched you:love:
    I've been told several times what a great husband I have. I'm proud of that. He IS a good guy and being married to him shows my good taste and judgment. He's pretty proud of me, too. In fact, I never understood people who b*tch about their spouses. It just makes you look like a jerk - YOU picked him!!! :laugh:

EXACTLY!!!!!!! I also don't understand the couples that fight every second of every day and stay together. Who in their right mind wants to live like that? Couples fight, that's natural, but everyday? No thanks, my husband and I argue maybe once a year, and when we do, we give each other the silent treatment until we're ready to work it out.

Me and my boyfriend fight almost every day (for the last 15 years). That doesn't mean we think any less of each other. We are just very different people with completely different interests and opinions. We have 1 thing in common; we are crazy about each other. I LOVE fighting with him because even THAT makes me feel like I'm loved. How awesome is that :wink: . I think he is the best thing that ever happend to me every day!

Best compliment I ever had? He told me I was the most beautiful girl in the world. It weren't the words that touched me but the look in his eyes when he said it.
    WOW, not even sure what to say about this one above! Fighting = love??? yikes!!.... not much else to say except perhaps your background has much to do about how that equates love for you. :brokenheart:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have been told I am the smartest person they ever met in real life.

Yeah, I get that once in a while. It's really unbelievable.

I don't take compliments well at all, so usually it's met with a huge doubt and a lot of sarcasm. Lol.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    By an older lady (mid to late 60's), "You should be on a calendar for 'Men of Sierra Vista' ".

She must have forgotten to take her cataracts off.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just last night I was told by a friend/coworker that i am an inspiration and such a beautiful person inside and out. It was just the sweetest comment.
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    A great cook and Mom.. Man my kids say the best things :)
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    By an older lady (mid to late 60's), "You should be on a calendar for 'Men of Sierra Vista' ".

She must have forgotten to take her cataracts off.

I would def buy a copy
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    People tell me I know everythign at work, and send others to ask me questions. Good and bad at time.

My chili gets rave reviews when I bring it into work, and disappears quickly. An empty crock-pot is pretty nice compliment for anyone who enjoys cooking.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I was flying to CO from NY with my 4 year old and my 2.5 year old. We FINALLY arrived in CO and while at the baggage claim a woman came up to me and said "I just wanted to let you know I think you are the best mother I've ever seen. I've been watching you since the airport in NY and the way you speak to your children and the patience you exhibit are truly inspiring"

I could never ask for anything more than to be viewed as a good mother

Oh and I get the "You've got a great A**" a lot :wink:
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Once, someone at the gym told me that I was inspirational and another was impressed with my workout routine. I like those better than any compliments on appearance.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Three years ago we had a family vacation to Puerto Rico, where I’m from. It was the first time visiting the island for him and the kids. When we came back he wrote his FB update saying the trip had been wonderful, that the island was very pretty, food was good, but that the best thing about the island was who he had at home.
  • WOW, not even sure what to say about this one above! Fighting = love??? yikes!!.... not much else to say except perhaps your background has much to do about how that equates love for you. :brokenheart:

Love comes is all forms and you shouldn't judge so much what you don't understand. Above post says a lot about your ability to have an open mind. Also, I don't think you should jump to any conclusions about someone's background. Above post makes you look kind of silly, imo.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    A colleague said I was part time but not part effort :blushing:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    One of my last annual reviews at work went like this:
    "This is going to be really short because it's unanimous...all of us here think you walk on water."
    :blushing:

ETA: 2nd best or runner up was: "Best. Sex. EVER."

If that ID picture is yours, then I am not surprised at the review.
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I work in a retirement village, and i get a lot of compliments on how well i run the little shop which always makes me feel appreciated.

And one of the residents really put a smile on my face the other day, she said she was watching a tv programme about plus sized models and she said i was prettier than any of them that were on the show and i should look into doing something like that.

That cheered me up massively.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    A friend recently introduced me to a new neighbor, and then proceeded to tell her how massively talented I am at anything I do. It felt great to hear that!

A co-worker also asked me if I've ever modeled, which I mostly found amusing because I'm not model material, but it felt good to know that she thought that about me. :flowerforyou: