I don't want to eat up my calories burned from working out

Options
1234568»

Replies

• sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'M BRINGING UP THIS TOPIC B/C A FEW PEOPLE SEEM TO BE CONCERNED THAT I'M "STARVING" MY BODY B/C I'M NOT EATING UP MY WORKOUT CALORIES. I KNOW THAT THE "BEST" WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF IS TO ONLY LOSE 1-2 LBS A WEEK (500 CAL DEFICIT/DAY). I ALSO KNOW THAT WEIGHT LOSS IS A SIMPLE EQUATION. YOU HAVE TO CREATE A CALORIE DEFICIT! YOU CAN DO THIS BY LOWERING YOU CALORIES/INCREASING YOUR WORKOUT. MY QUESTION IS, IF I BUST MY HUMP BURNING AN EXTRA 700 CALORIES WHY WOULD I WANT TO EAT THOSE CALORIES? I DON'T THINK ANYONE WAS BEING MEAN ONLY CONCERNED. I HAVE ALSO TALKED TO SEVERAL PPL WHO DON'T EVEN RECORD THEIR CALORIES BURNED FOR THIS REASON. JUST CURIOUS WHAT YOU ALL THINK?

I think you are shouting because you are simple 'HANGRY'
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am eating mine back, and getting results. The consistent feedback from MFP and people who have lost significant weight is not to starve our body, working out your body will need more fuel, take the advice x
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    beat_dead_horse2.jpg
    lmso!

One has to ask, if they're so tired of beating a dead horse, why then do they keep picking up the stick??
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Damn...when did it start snowing in here?
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hey Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

In this instance the majority of respondents have weighed in with empathy and support. However when the community does not allow for objective responses the topic will become as a whole, divisive. When polarization of this kind happens topics will almost always be locked. The original poster has received a significant amount of feedback and the conversations can continue via personal messaging or within a group.

It does especially disappoint me to see a topic posted in our Introduce Yourself forum get so harsh so quickly. We are here to support one another and if you don't have something nice and constructive to say, especially in a forum for our newest members, please don't say anything at all. If you see a post that you think violates our community guidelines, please report it instead of saying something snarky or negatively contributing to the conversation.

From our Community Guidelines:
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Thank you for your understanding and help in keeping MFP a supportive, friendly community.

Respectfully,
    Olivia
    MFP Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.