I just got hit up for girl scout cookies!!!

Options
MizTerry
MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
I don't know how I'm going to resist them when they come in.
Anyone else with this dilemma?

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    2009_04_02-Samoa.jpg

:devil:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    ordered two boxes to donate to the breakroom when they come in. that way I can tell other girl scouts I ordered cookies!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Sabatoge!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Mail them to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Thin mints are fabulous frozen.
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I'm going to resist them when they come in.
    Anyone else with this dilemma?

My Zumba instructor taught us three words in class... "No, thank you".... I know it sounds silly but my fiance asked me if I wanted something to eat last night, (late, I might add). (He was really just being sweet on his way in). My answer was, "no, thank you." and I immediately thought of April Sunshine, my instructor and smiled at myself and at her instructions. It felt great. Those Girl Scout cuties are just going to have to appreciate my no, thank you, respectfully.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    2009_04_02-Samoa.jpg

You are evil and must die.
    :laugh:
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    OMG.....its that time of year already?!?!?

My husband better not bring any home!! He's one of "those" people that can eat 1 and be satisfied til the next time he eats 1. Not me, 1 to me means a whole box lol.

Girl scout cookies should be against the law!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The Samoas (with their delicious dark chocolate) were so much better than the new Caramel Delites. Don't misunderstand, the Caramel Delites are still good, they're just not as good.

As for your question, it's like any other temptation. If you're the type that can cut it out entirely, you may find you deal better with the craving (or more accurately, you may find that the craving completely goes away) if you do that. (For what it's worth, I am like that.) However, if you're like others and elimination simply leads to a major binge, then enjoy them in moderation.

Whatever you do, don't rationalize a bad decision and compound it. Don't eat a few and then tell yourself your diet is ruined and then eat the whole box. And even if you *do* that, then don't make it worse by reasoning that since you're entire diet is ruined, you'll just go back to eating how you did before...no logging, no exercise, etc.

Set a plan that works for you, then execute than plan...and if you miss the target a little, then get back to it on the other side.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

QFT!
  • WaterRollsUphill
    WaterRollsUphill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Order boxes that are donated to the military. I know that they would greatly appreciate them. Most troops offer this option.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options

i second that. Also taste good crumbled in melted vanilla ice cream
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Do si dos's are my weakness!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    pshaw my desk is home for girl scout cookies, donuts, free candy & food in general.

my willpower is made of steel! (most days :laugh: )

and i'm ordering some, i keep them in my freezer so it takes longer to eat them
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    The Samoas (with their delicious dark chocolate) were so much better than the new Caramel Delites. Don't misunderstand, the Caramel Delites are still good, they're just not as good.

................THEY GOT RID OF SAMOAS?!

Life is over.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get girl scout cookies...I love them and since it's once a year, I'm getting them and will enjoy them-just not a whole box of thin mints in one sitting :bigsmile:
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    tak them to work and pass them out ;)
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You can freeze them and only eat them on occasion
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    2009_04_02-Samoa.jpg

Yup, I'll be getting some of those!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I must have thin mints. I get them and then I just dole them out to myself verrrrryyyy slooowwwllly keeping within calories. I take a couple out of the package and put the box away. Keeping the box present and visible and open is very very dangerous. Those Thin Mints go down easy!