I just got hit up for girl scout cookies!!!

Options

Replies

• Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My favorite are the Lemonades? The round shortbread ones where the bottoms are dipped in this wonderful lemon flavored coating. They don't sell them in my area.....so thin mints and samoas here I come!
  • Ms_Kandi
    Options
    I feel your pain however I have been able to resist. :happy: :happy:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-21059-1355944273-8.gif

So many uses....this never gets old
  • jc2103
    jc2103 Posts: 11
    Options
    The Samoas (with their delicious dark chocolate) were so much better than the new Caramel Delites. Don't misunderstand, the Caramel Delites are still good, they're just not as good.

................THEY GOT RID OF SAMOAS?!

Life is over.
    Nah. Just depends on which bakery supplies the local troop. I got my Samoas yesterday. I think the Girl Scout freaked when I said I'll take all the purple ones you have.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My troops ordered 3800 boxes! Apx 1000 of them will be stored in my house! I refuse to sit and eat box by box this year. I'm going to log them before I eat them. I'm hoping that will change my mind. I personally find it's easier to donate $10 to a troop as a cash donation. We earn $.50 a box so giving a troop $10 is giving them a lot of instead of me buying a couple boxes. You can also buy them and use them in receipes. Shortbreads work good for crust or smashed up on top of fruit.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    subpar cookies at best
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    2009_04_02-Samoa.jpg

:devil:

When i was in my 20's, i ate a whole box of those and immediately went into a sugar coma.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i tell em to contact me as soon as they go sugar free. But now i feel the next time they are selling them outside the grocery i will buy a box and tell them to have the next person pick out their fav kind and keep it
  • vivalawvegas
    vivalawvegas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My troop get $.85 per box, with an additional $1.25 going to my local council. Overall, my local are gets more than 50% of the purchase price, which is pretty decent. The money really adds up, too. Our girls are pre-paying next year's dues, buying their vests (Daisies) and throwing an end of the year pottery painting party with their proceeds.

For the Cookie Share program, our council donates to food banks, the VA hospital, the women's/children's shelter, and homeless shelters. They are no longer shipping to troops overseas but it's still a great program.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    give them away. you don't want them anyway.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    We're gluten free so I'm safe! :)
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-21059-1355944273-8.gif

So many uses....this never gets old

OMG ROFL :laugh:
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hah - I ordered them at the office. Except, I bought them for the guys in the office (they like their snacks and junk - they frequent our "stockpile" throughout the day). I never eat any of the stuff at the office, so figured this was a good way for me to have them "available" without having them in my house when I'm more prone to mindless eating.

I wasn't going to pass up buying them because I wanted to support my colleague's daughter, plus I bought some boxes to be donated to the military overseas - so I feel like it's a win-win-win.

*** Edited to change my "troops" reference to "military overseas" --- didn't want people to get confused and think Girl scout "troop" when I meant military "troops." ***
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    subpar cookies at best

You. Leave. Now. :mad:
  • TallyGal97
    TallyGal97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have former students that I just can't say no to. I buy the ones I don't like and give them away to my friends and family.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    yes we have that at work -- I'll order some for my kids. This afternoon coming home from groc. store after work, a sweet boy says would you like to buy some chocolate almonds to support my baseball team...geez I am a sucker for kids
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I just say no, but I think girl scout cookies are gross. I think I sold too many as a girl scout.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    y'all crazy. I WILL order some Girl Scout Cookies and I WILL eat them! And enjoy every bite. One thing I learned in 2012 is that I can control what goes in my mouth, and also that a serving of 'junk' food hasn't hurt my weight loss any!

Don't fear the cookies folks, enjoy them :flowerforyou:
  • tlwells62
    tlwells62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I bought 2 boxes but told the Mom to donate them to her food pantry at church!! NOT coming in this house ..................
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I will order some and put them in the freezer and dole them out slowly!! Got to try the new ones!