I just got hit up for girl scout cookies!!!

Replies

• shelly4113
    shelly4113 Posts: 18 Member
    Heck I'm a girl scout leader and the cookie mom.. I will have about 100 cases in my living come mid feb. So Girl Scout cookies will be in my house until the end of March. Must have will power to just say I can have 1 cookie, not the box which will lead into another box and so on.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    If it's me and my husband as a unit who are approached we just make a straight cash donation to the troop - they get it all. If it's just my husband by himself they smell blood in the water. The girls must circle him in anticipation of the kill, 'cause he comes home with a buttload of Taglongs and Thin Mints. :grumble:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    I just had to deal with 4 little brownies out shivering in the cold so of course I bought a few boxes, none of the flavors i like though :) , my teenagers already saw them and on their way to go play ball grabbed a box and away they went...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Dollar General has some like the coconut caramel ones...they taste exactly the same, but these are for a good cause. I'll leave them on the counter, and with two teenagers, a 9 year old and a husband, they evaporate pretty quickly.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Who can forget Donut girl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7-e1rKkUI
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    If I knew what I know now when I was a girl scout, I'd be hitting up them college dorms. Lots of people and no competition!
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Cookie time cookie time girl scout cookie time ;). Former girl scout, current leader and mother of a girl scout. And I always handled the troop cookies lol. Tagalongs are my weakness love them, my hubby likes thin mints which is funny because he is the Reese's peanut butter cup lover and I love Andes candies but when it comes to cookies we switch lol
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Why resist? Will you never eat cookies again? I have a box of Samoa's in my freezer as we speak!
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Was at a friend's today and she gave me two Samoas. Ate one....yummmmm!!! Took the other home for hubby. Don't fear the cookies (or anything else). Moderation. Enjoy and move on.
  • Tlove1111
    Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
    The Samoas (with their delicious dark chocolate) were so much better than the new Caramel Delites. Don't misunderstand, the Caramel Delites are still good, they're just not as good.

Totally agree! Those were/are my faves!
  • tz841
    tz841 Posts: 20 Member
    Oh, Thin Mints...I ordered my box today. Yes, they wonderful frozen!! But this year - I will exercise self-control and eat them in moderation. I promise myself that!
  • Nicke82
    Nicke82 Posts: 11 Member
    I have the same issue going on, 2 of my best friends kids' sell them as well as my niece, so I have ordered 12 boxes already and I have NO IDEA what to do with them!!
  • worgen
    worgen Posts: 14
    Hell yeah I am going to eat them. I will not give up bad food, I will just eat less of it.
  • I did too...but I plan to have a box ready to pack and send off to my son in college! I ordered HIS favorite!:wink:
  • All the girl scouts I ran across offered the option of buying & donating to soldiers overseas. So far I've bought 6 boxes, none for me!
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Tell the girls you'd appreciate it if they gave your boxes to someone else who could use them--a soup kitchen? a homeless shelter? What I do is give the scouts a few dollars rather than buying the cookies. They get all the money instead of just a part of it and I avoid a lot of calories. good deal on both sides.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Thin mints are fabulous frozen.

Just one of the many reasons I :heart: you so hard.

:flowerforyou:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I don't know how I'm going to resist them when they come in.
    Anyone else with this dilemma?

Your timing couldn't be any more perfect!

This was my first post tonight on my status:

"Don't eat the girl scout cookies. Forget they're in the kitchen. "Don't eat the girl scout cookies. Forget they're in the kitchen. "Don't eat the girl scout cookies. Forget they're in the kitchen. "Don't eat the girl scout cookies. Forget they're in the kitchen." H.E.L.P.!!!

This was my second:

Burn off the girl scout cookies. Go for a walk. Burn off the girl scout cookies. Go for a walk. Burn off the girl scout cookies. Go for a walk. Burn off the girl scout cookies. Go for a walk. Darn it! Why do I do that to myself? I'm good all day long, come home, and cave!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    I don't know how I'm going to resist them when they come in.
    Anyone else with this dilemma?

Buy them and have the Girl Scouts send them to the troops overseas...they will do that for no added charge. Win Win
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Last year I asked two girls who came to my house what where there favorite cookies and I order two boxes of each. When they delivered them I said oh I bought them for you, I'll never forget the look on their face. Priceless =)

I still buy from my co-workers kids so I still get mine. haha

What a terrific idea!