I just got hit up for girl scout cookies!!!

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jofjlt:

No no no silly. Different regions sell different cookies. :)

Do you have a lemonade cookie? Where I live they are called Savannah Smiles.

Mind. Blown.

Now I must track these down.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I just donate money and tell them to keep the cookies.
  • Joluru
    Joluru Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You might appreciate this blog post I read today: http://jezebel.com/5976007/the-new-girl-scout-cookie-has-some-wack+*kitten*-vitamins-in-it
    The cookies are stuffed with Vitamin B1, A, C, D, E and B6 because who needs to eat cranberries, pomegranates, oranges, grapes, and strawberries, when you can eat processed chemical cookie-like product instead?

Listen to me now and hear me later, this is the type of thing that's gonna throw your eight year old boy into menopause before his tenth birthday. I guess we should just be happy they don't have Olestra in them, that way his butt won't fall out of his butt. It's the American Industrial Food-Like-Product Complex in action, my friends!

I won't be buying girl scout cookies to eat, as I'm trying to avoid processed junk. I'll donate to send them to the military, though; that's what I did for my son's cub scout popcorn recently (while muttering under my breath about $40 for *popcorn*)

If I want cookies, I'll bake them fresh with ingredients I can pronounce, no HFCS or trans fats.
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    2009_04_02-Samoa.jpg

:devil:

O you *kitten*!!! Thats my favorite kind!!!! LOL
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Thin Mints will be arriving for my son shortly. I don't have to worry, if I dared tried to swipe one he'd beat me to death with the box! :laugh:
  • eandrsmom
    eandrsmom Posts: 119
    Options
    We freeze them and pull them out a cookie or two at a time. They keep for months that way.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Order boxes that are donated to the military. I know that they would greatly appreciate them. Most troops offer this option.

Absoultely support the SCOUTS. We did this with some Boy Scout popcorn. If the troops offer that here for Girl Scouts I will too. Plus buy 2 boxes for DH and me. I ration/hide them. I can usually pace myself, but the resident cookie monster can't.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    This thread is KILLING me!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Samoas FTW!! Keebler makes a cookie that tastes similar to those, so when the girl scout cookies aren't in season, I eat those. Not bad!
  • vivalawvegas
    vivalawvegas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My DD is a Girl Scout and I'm troop cookie mom. For the past few weeks, I have been selling, ordering, organizing, etc. I am so damn sick of Girl Scout cookies, you couldn't pay me to eat them. :)

That being said, I've got Thin Mints and Samoas (Caramel deLites in my neck of the woods) headed for my freezer because in 3 months when the cookie mom trauma wears off, I will want them.
  • vivalawvegas
    vivalawvegas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh, if you want to support the GS but not eat the cookies, ask your troop about the Cookie Share program. You buy the box and it is donated to troops, the VA, food banks, etc.
  • MissyGorman2012
    Options
    I'm my daughter's troop leader and will have cases upon cases of them in my house in about 3 weeks. Ahhhhhhh!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    The Samoas (with their delicious dark chocolate) were so much better than the new Caramel Delites. Don't misunderstand, the Caramel Delites are still good, they're just not as good.

................THEY GOT RID OF SAMOAS?!

Life is over.

all they changed was the name. The cookies are the same as they ever were. PERFECT.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Must have Thin Mints!

I buy them and Food Saver them in single servings and put them in the freezer.
  • jhalton
    jhalton Posts: 85
    Options
    REGIFT!
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I'm going to resist them when they come in.
    Anyone else with this dilemma?

I would freeze them or give them away. :smile:
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Thin mints are fabulous frozen.

Yes they are.

I allow myself 1 serving (5 cookies) per week or even longer. The last time I ordered (last Feb.) the three boxes I ordered lasted me until November. I was bragging about it on Facebook. LOL. Everyone was like OMFG Where'd you get GS Cookies?!!? Trust me. It is worth relishing MONTHS after everyone else has gorged on theirs.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Oh, if you want to support the GS but not eat the cookies, ask your troop about the Cookie Share program. You buy the box and it is donated to troops, the VA, food banks, etc.

Never heard of that! Awesome! I usually just send them myself (husband is a vet) but this might be easier :)
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    The GSs only get like $0.50 per box of cookies sold. Just buy the little brats off with a fiver and go on about your business.
  • MissyGorman2012
    Options

Never heard of that! Awesome! I usually just send them myself (husband is a vet) but this might be easier :)

We were told that the troops were no longer accepting cookies. :( We we could pick an organization of our choice to donate to instead.