5'2 Moms Before/After!

Options

Replies

• Leigh012976
    Options
    I am so glad I logged on today and went to the message boards. Such great pictures and great motivator. I know I have just started and I sorta have a before pic (my profile pic) but am hoping to post a pic in 6 months!!! I am getting my diet under control however I still struggle with the workouts. (I am just tired all the time. My son is still not sleeping thru the night so I am up with him alot and then after work I am sooooooo tired because I got up with him in the middle of the night) :(
  • Eastonsmom8
    Options
    I am so glad I logged on today and went to the message boards. Such great pictures and great motivator. I know I have just started and I sorta have a before pic (my profile pic) but am hoping to post a pic in 6 months!!! I am getting my diet under control however I still struggle with the workouts. (I am just tired all the time. My son is still not sleeping thru the night so I am up with him alot and then after work I am sooooooo tired because I got up with him in the middle of the night) :(

If he's younger I would suggest working out at home.. maybe workout dvd's when he's napping.. or even stepping outside with the monitor during nap time.. whenever you can is pretty much the best way to do when they are little!
  • Leigh012976
    Options
    "If he's younger I would suggest working out at home.. maybe workout dvd's when he's napping.. or even stepping outside with the monitor during nap time.. whenever you can is pretty much the best way to do when they are little! "

He is 18 months. I have workout DVDs, but I also work from 8-5. My husband leaves for work real early in the morning and he is just as exhausted when he comes home at night. I really don't know of a "good " time to work out. Mornings? After work? After dinner? I usually walk on my lunch hour but the past few days has been almost below freezing and I just didn't want to get out unless I absolutely had to. Finding the right time to workout has been my big weakness.
  • Cullinanmarti
    Cullinanmarti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Totally impressed!!!!
  • jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 still short lol.. Before pic I was 154 after 129 and it's a 8 month space in between pics.

7D0F3FFD-0C41-46DC-A87D-AC4E505526C6-4143-0000038CE17062DD.jpg

Wow! What an inspiration!
  • jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! I am 5' 2 1/2" Here is my Before/During Pic:

BeforeDuring.jpg
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    I love ths site, so inspirational! You all look amazing!

I'm 5'2", I have 3 boys, my youngest is 21 - Ok, I'm old! I have never been skinny but was OK with my body until I married my wonderful husband 1 1/2 years ago. He had been in a bad motorcycle accident in 2010, so I began cooking for him to gain a little weight, needless to say, I was the one that gained weight not too mention menopause and hypothyroidism didn't help matters. I gained 40lbs in the last couple of years, I'm finally happy with my life and miserable with my body, if that makes any sense!
    I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of this year, so happy I found MFP!

SW: 160
    CW: 152
    GW: 120 (if not a little more)
  • mspinknblack85
    Options
    wow , good for you. Keep it up
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • justme222
    Options
    I'm the same height. You look fantastic! I'm inspired!
  • byebyefatty83
    Options
    Wow! you look fantastic! I'm still new to this programme but you have really inspired me to keep going! keep up the good work :-)
  • justme222
    Options
    Your story is much like mine. I have 20 year old twins. I, too, have thyroid issues, chronic vitamin D deficiencies, post menopausal as well as plantar fasciitis, which makes it difficult to do cardio. I am lifting weights and walking. I'm at 147 right now, my goal is 120. Just wanted to chime in to let you know you are not alone.....
  • bottom
    bottom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wonderful work, ladies! I am back to MFP to lose my baby weight (from my 15-month-old!). You all are my inspiration! :)
  • carfamily08
    Options
    "If he's younger I would suggest working out at home.. maybe workout dvd's when he's napping.. or even stepping outside with the monitor during nap time.. whenever you can is pretty much the best way to do when they are little! "

He is 18 months. I have workout DVDs, but I also work from 8-5. My husband leaves for work real early in the morning and he is just as exhausted when he comes home at night. I really don't know of a "good " time to work out. Mornings? After work? After dinner? I usually walk on my lunch hour but the past few days has been almost below freezing and I just didn't want to get out unless I absolutely had to. Finding the right time to workout has been my big weakness.

I have a 3 1/2, 2, and 8 month old and a husband who works long hours too. He usually watches my youngest while I do a 20-30 minute Jillian Michaels' DVD right after the older two go to bed, but if not I do the walk at home Leslie Sansone videos. Kind of cheesy, but I live up in AK so getting out for walks outside isn't always practical in the winter with it being cold and dark and icy! But it's something! There are several free on YouTube :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics to post. I am 5'2" and a mom of 2. I am at goal and I worked hard at my fitness.

All you ladies look amazing!!
  • JenEdmonds77
    Options
    I just started my journey last week but lost 2.4 lbs so far! I am 5'2.5" and, at my heaviest, I started at 200 lbs. Looking at these pictures gives me hope that I actually can do this for my son and my husband, but mostly for myself. I tried telling myself I was fat and happy, and I actually think I was, for a while. Now, I'm fed up. I don't like being so lazy, especially when my son asks me to do things with him and I make up excuses so I don't have to get up. That was my wake-up call. I want to be more active and set a good example for him. My husband has joined me in this journey: he is 5'11" and 320 lbs. He lost 5 lbs his first week! I am super excited to see everyone's progress and wish you all the best of luck!

PS, I'll be putting up a before pic soon, but I'll be more excited to post an after pic... :wink:
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Great work!!I'm 5'2.I have 3 kids.I'm working really hard to be back to the way I was after my second.120 pounds,fit and toned.I am so inspired by all of you!!!
  • maitaicole
    Options
    That's awesome what is your workout routine?
  • NewPeppermint2
    NewPeppermint2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can I join too? I'm 37 years old and 157cm (I think that's 5 ft 2 in). Just starting my weight loss journey an d would love to have some support:)
  • NewPeppermint2
    NewPeppermint2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry, also forgot to mention am a mum to a 8 and 5 year old and still carrying baby weight!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!