200+ (Week 21) Fling Into Spring

Options
It's time for our weekly weigh-in! Hope everyone had a good week! Please post your weights by Sunday, so pinbot can update the charts.

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Thanks Kristina!!! I loved your last post - we'll see how many actually don't read it and cont to post to it (*sigh*)... See you in the morning!!!
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think I introduced myself last week sometime when I joined MFP but forgot about this group. Glad I found it again. I had my weigh in Wednesday night and since joining a week ago I have lost 5lbs. I went from 223 to 218. I hope I can keep it going.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    no, your not a blonde....i'm a dummy....I'll try to find the link for the smoothies again.
    That is just a sign of how my day went. It was so bad, hubby told me he didn't give a damn about my diet, "sometimes you just need ice cream"....lol. Tomorrow I will probably be *****ing about my weigh in, but I slipped, and I don't believe i do that very often, so........
    here's the smoothie website!!
    good night and love to all!!

http://www.menshealth.com/smoothies/post-workout/
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump...so I can find you after weigh in:bigsmile: Good Luck with the scales everyone.....I have mixed feelings, I know my workout schedule was a lot lighter than weeks past...and I was sick a good part of the week....I stayed close to calories, but was over 2 nights I think....so I changed it up that's for sure:ohwell: , just not sure if it was in a good way or not?! I sure did feel a LOT stronger yesterday while working out....so that is good.....well I'll be back to check in later.:wink:
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    aHHHHH pinbot, I forgot to look at your pics l;ast nite cant wait to see them tonite (on MY laptop)
  • Nikki143
    Options
    Good luck everyone! I will weigh in tomorrow.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Today's weigh in: 200.4 (-2.2 from last week) :love: :love:

SOOO close to under 200- I might be jinxing myself here, but if I'm this low on a weekday morning (where I weigh in early) and I tend to drop my weight mostly over the weekend... i might *gasp* be under 200 when I step on the scale tomorrow. It won't be an official weigh in, but eep??

I think the bigger loss is partially due to dropping some of the weight I put on during my New Orleans trip. I didn't exercise like whoa this week, and was actually feeling pretty crappy about it all overall this week, but yay. Great way to start a Friday. Also, I've tried to view my weight loss in 30 pound chunks to keep it more realistic then hey, i want to lose like 90 pounds. 1/3 of the way down! *twirls*

cds- boo to the hubby- what a weenie!

hope everyone has a great weigh in!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I am happy to report in that I am still at 195.0 this morning despite my steak dinner and celebratory shots... It must have been the 5 miles of walking yesterday. I was going so quick DH kept asking me to slow down (he-he)... Can I be happy that my 8:30 client called to cancel so that I can fuss around the house for an hour? That still leaves me with 5 clients and I booked time for a jog/shower in the late afternoon.

The smoothies look great - sometimes I need more cal. Thanks cds!!!

Good luck to all with Mr. Scale's cousins...

Welcome back Songbird. Feel free to post away. Congrats on your loss so far.
  • Nikki143
    Options
    I feel like I wanna check in, but I should wait til tomorrow.. sooo heres my 'unofficial' WEIGHT 215.5. But I will wait till tomorrow for the 'offish' weigh in. I just took my daily walk to dunkin donuts, I had to walk 7 minutes accross campus, and while I was in line a dude with a cast asked me to help him put his straw & napkin in his pocket. Then we made convo, and I found out why he was here, and by the time I got to the cashier, he asked how much an iced coffee was, and he didn't have enough, so I bought him a coffee. I wasn't looking for anything, I was just looking out for the dude who was all jacked up. plus he had a friendly face. So needless to say, we made more convo outside, and he gave me his number. but its not like 'oh heres my number, call me, lets *kitten*'. He was like "I'm not trying to bag you, but your nice & I could use a friend." He is having surgery today, so when my shift is over, I will go visit him.
    I broke up with my BD last night. in his eyes, its like I never even said it. He kept threatining me with 'consequences' for talking to other men, and I know these conseqeunces are gettign beaten, like before andI don't want this anymore. So in my eyes I am single, in his were just miserable. he wopn't leave no matter how many things I point out to him... WTF? But I'm not upset.. It was expected....
  • ejm0306
    ejm0306 Posts: 45
    Options
    So the scale and I are no longer friends...I stayed the same as last week. 243.5. I am not sure what I did or didn't do, but I was in the gym more, eating better...Any advice!?
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    So the scale and I are no longer friends...I stayed the same as last week. 243.5. I am not sure what I did or didn't do, but I was in the gym more, eating better...Any advice!?

****Hug***** The scale is not the only tool to measure success. Look at how your clothes are fitting, your energy level, and take measurements. I found in the early weeks, I was gaining muscle as I lost fat and measurements changed more than the scale. I would be happy to review your food and exercise logs this weekend - if you want input. How much are you eating, what does MFP tell you eat and are you eating your ex cal?

edited to add - it has taken me 5 1/2 months to get this far... It is a slow process.
  • KendalBeee
    Options

Staying the same is better than going up. Just don't stop because of one quasi bad weigh in.
  • ejm0306
    ejm0306 Posts: 45
    Options
    [/quote]

****Hug***** The scale is not the only tool to measure success. Look at how your clothes are fitting, your energy level, and take measurements. I found in the early weeks, I was gaining muscle as I lost fat and measurements changed more than the scale. I would be happy to review your food and exercise logs this weekend - if you want input. How much are you eating, what does MFP tell you eat and are you eating your ex cal?

edited to add - it has taken me 5 1/2 months to get this far... It is a slow process.
    [/quote]

I opened my food diary for you to look at. I have been measuring, and I have lost 3 inches. As far as clothes fitting I can tell a huge difference in pants...they don't have unbuttoned to be put on!!! I think the reason it's so frustrating is that the girl I work out with has lost 25 and we've been doing the exact same things...except she's taking phentermine. I have tried that and gained the weight back. This isn't just about losing weight to me... I want to be healthy again and stay that way. And I don't think that I'm getting enough out of my workouts...
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I'm not sure if I want to weigh in today or wait to see what I will be tomorrow. Today I am 234.0....yesterday I was 232.8. Both are decent considering I was 236 last week but grrrr I hate fluxs. I had a hard time motivating myself to work out yesterday. Instead of the gym I went to the bff's house and we played Just Dance. I think I've lost a lot of my motivation to work out since my hrm broke. :sad: Its also cause its been so rainy and dreary here. I want to go back to warm sunny days where I can take lexi to the park! Since its rainy, I should go ahead and make another song for my own c25k listening pleasure.

I just added a couple more pictures of me and a few of Lexi to my profile :bigsmile:
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight at MFP: 216.6
    Starting Challenge: 207.4
    Last Weeks weight: 203.6
    Today's weigh in: 202.8 (down 0.8 more, 4.6 total in 4 weeks)
    Goal for challenge: 175

Just a quick post. Busy day today!

Good luck everyone!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Kendal- you look great in your new profile pic!! Great loss this week! If you don't count the lower weight from yesterday, you should have an even more fab weigh-in next week! And Lexi is SO adorable! I want a dog so bad :(

Melsa- great job!

ejm- stick with it. we've all had weeks were the scale hasn't moved (or gone up!), but it's all part of the journey. Especially if you're losing inches, that's the important part. And your friend might be losing weight more quickly, but you're doing it the healthy way and it's more likely to stay off!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Well, Super Heros.... a small loss for me -.8 ( is that like 13 or 14 ounces or something like that????:laugh: :laugh: )
    Weighed in at 207.8. I am content with that...I'm pretty sure I will be starting my period soon, so a loss is a surprise...I was ready to stay the same again this week.

Kendal...I had to look twice, your new profile picture is awesome, you look great...I'll have to go check out you and Lexi.

Kristina....great to hear you has success, especially after your trip...that would be hard to stay focused!

Erin....I know how frustrating the scale is and I am glad that you are taking measurements....honestly sometimes that was all that kept me going. I have been trying to lose for a couple years now, it has been a slow process...but I can tell I'm so much stronger and I am eating the foods that I will be eating the rest of my life...I eat what I want, just in moderation. I have thought about the pills before, lets be honset....we all do from time to time, we're tempted by the quick and easy....but they are really dangerous and who knows what your friend is doing to her heart...she may get results now....but what about 10 years from now....will her heart be healthy...I see in your profile picture...you have a very big smiled little one that you share happy times with....I say better to go slow and steady and be around your later years to enjoy all life has to offer...Hugs, and hang in there:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    ....I often stay the same for 2 weeks out of the month:ohwell: ...hopefully next week you'll see a drop!

Have a great day everyone....hubby home again today, we're working on the house...I'll check in when I can!! Hugs:bigsmile:
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My fear was true. I checked 3-4 times this morning and I still got the weight 200.5!!! That damn 2 is pissing me off. It is sticking it's tongue out at me and saying "Nah, nah, nah nah, ha! You can't catch me!".:mad:

I kept up my walking even added 10 minutes cause I felt I could. I ate well, and tried to eat my exercise calories. Which most of the time I did. Damn that scale....boooo!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! I did not go to the gym lat night. Went home, made fish sandwiches and this awesome collard green recipe and chilled out. I needed it. What I didn't need was the cookies, but what can you do?
    I read some article on MFP yesterday someone had posted about how if your muscles hurt for more thant 48 hours then you could have injured them. I must have injured the inside calf muscle because they still hurt from running. I won't be running for a while now.

Today I have a conference call at 9:30 and then I think I might take half the day off. I have a ton of errands to run and I'd like to get to the gym and do a good work out before I head home for the night. I'll post my weight later. Hard to say where it will be considering the fact that I've not burned half the cals I usually do and have gone over on eating. It is what it is.

I'm getting out my southbeach book tonight and reperusing it for more tips. I would like to cut the sugar for a while and really slim down for my trip in May...