Member of Gym or workout at home/outside?

Options
123457»

Replies

• lilborykuamami
    lilborykuamami Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    At home. I love to play my XBox Kinect games! Especially the dancing ones! It's fun and I don't feel like I'm working out! I also walk from time to time, when it's daylight outside. Oh, and I just got the Nike Kinect game and I LOVE it!! I've only done it twice but it feels like I'm working out with a REAL personal trainer!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I love the gym atmosphere, but can't take the money out of my budget to do it. So, I work out at home with DVDs and treadmill. I actually like being able to just pop onto my treadmill and get a decent cardio workout done.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I have been a member of LA Fitness, 24 hour fitness, Bally, and some random private gyms but the absolute best experience was with ANYTIME Fitness. They are franchinsed so every one is different but I loved that i could get in with a key fob 24/7, had a private bathroom, had real community, no pressure or upselling. It was really great. I wish I was clsoe to one now.
  • Maaarkk
    Maaarkk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Gym brah checking in.
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Always had the most success at gyms. I feel like I owe it to my trainers to be there and not waste their time, I owe it to my wallet to make good use of my money spent and to myself because I always work out harder when other people may/may not be watching because I am competitive like that.

At home I slack off more because I can get away with it.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Both.

I like options.
  • rcadams97
    rcadams97 Posts: 106
    Options
    I Always workout at the gym. The hard part is making time to get there.
  • devastation77
    Options
    Been going to my gym for 14 years.
  • dianatogo
    Options
    I do both but I will say that being in the gym keeps things interesting (classes, different equipment, meeting new friends) that I think is good for your body and soul. My husband and I love to be outside when the weather is right but the gym is a great alternative.
  • allisondra23
    Options
    I would love to be the type of person who just goes for a run outside but I can't make myself do it and also I look crazy (picture phoebe from friends lol). I need a routine where I actually go somewhere because once I'm there I feel to guilty to slack, I work my hardest and get over the this is so boring part of it. I go to Planet Fitness, it's $10 a month and while it really has no frills (pool, hot tub, sauna) it is perfect for just getting there and getting your workout in.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i have a gym membership, a home gym (my flatmates) and a gym and pool in my apartment complex, but I prefer walking, swimming and playing netball - gym stuff is supplementary