What Food Did You Eat as Child That Would Gross You Out Now?

Options

Replies

• Ascalzo13
    Options
    Pan fried bologna :sick:

Lol! I still eat that!

I used to LOVE it lol....can't do it anymore, maybe because I would eat 6 slices when I made it..Lol!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Rice with butter on it. I can't stomach even the idea now.
    This.
    My mom always put butter on my rice. Now if I try it, it tastes like butt.

So many better ways to eat rice.

Steamed sticky rice with butter and a bit of soya sauce is still a comfort food that I consume on the rare occasion, y'all are trippinnnnn'!!! :tongue:
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Lamb chops. I used to love them as a kid, but now they turn my stomach.
  • suzywantsitall
    suzywantsitall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Pancakes ! Hate them, times were tuff when I was a kid and we had pancakes sometime 3 times a day. And on good days we would have corn mixed in it, eck !
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    An entire jar of dill pickles. I barfed a few times from that. Also! Pickle juice snow cones.... (WTF?! I know....)
  • bluecrush1203
    bluecrush1203 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Frozen fish sticks.
  • thefullmontysmom
    thefullmontysmom Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My mom used to force us to eat liver and onions once a moth 'for iron'...the last time I barfed at the table...she never forced us to eat it again lol
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Rice with butter on it. I can't stomach even the idea now.
    I survived the college cafeteria on rice with butter & grated parmesan and PBJ sandwiches...No clue how I didn't gain a ton of weight.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    My parents were very concerned about Omega 3 fatty acids. For some reason, they always took out the cod liver oil and gave us all a teaspoon of it every night after dinner. Most disgusting thing, ever.

My dad (bless his heart), decided to flavor it with spearmint, as a way to make it go down easier.

I still gag at the thought.
  • ejensen86
    Options
    Anchovies and Brussle Sprouts
  • Mydnyte_Ryder
    Mydnyte_Ryder Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Lima Beans
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    half a cup of butter poured over my stove top popped popcorn.

nestle quik powder by the spoonful
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I ate cocoa out of the packet it came in, and sardines..I don't think I could do that now...yet I love tuna fish
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Boogers
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    spaghettios. concentrated orange juice in the cans (i ate it with a spoon, without mixing with water). sour patch kids... gummy bears (anything gummy actually), marshmallows. raw batter with egg in it. lol.

one thing that hasnt changed is that i hated cow's milk growing up and i still hate it now. *gag*
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    rabbit... couldn't eat the poor little fluffs today
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My mom was a great cook, waaaay ahead of her time. Our ethnic comfort food was lean Mediterranean style cooking.

THAT SAID.

Captain Crunch, dry with sugar on top.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    The only way I would eat white rice as a kid was with lots of ketchup mixed in...yuck
  • guidedbystarlight
    Options
    Here's an example of what my lunch looked like in Elementary school:

A bologna or salami sandwich on white Italian bread.
    A bag of potato chips.
    One of those plastic tasting pre-packaged brownies(can't remember what brand).
    A Hi-c juice box.

And then the only healthy thing would be a baggie of baby carrots.

Just the thought of eating a lunch like that now makes me cringe. My current lunches are more likely to be salads or brown rice tortilla wraps with whatever I'd normally have in a salad.
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    mayonnaise sandwiches, vienna sausages,and toast with butter and onion powder ...blech!

What you said minus the toast part. Add Pickled Pigs Feet, souse meat, and brussel sprouts dipped in ketchup. I wouldn't dare eat those now. well maybe the mayo sandwich........ :ohwell: