Success with TDEE -20%

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• BUZZIEST
    BUZZIEST Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your TDEE factors in your exercise level. So you should not eat your exercise calories back as they are already factored in.
  • saraovoxo
    saraovoxo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 odd lbs doing TDEE -20%, no you don't eat back the exercise calories because that is factored in already. The basics are...either eat your BMR (if not a bit more) + all your exercise calories OR eat your TDEE - something % (usually 20%) and don't eat back your exercise calories.
    It really is that simple, don't over think it don't over complicate it...it works.

I think you explained it best!
    I just so feel really scared eating at 1800+ cals :noway: it just seems so much! Being vegetarian I find it hard to reach that goal with out relying on loads of carbs :/
  • Arwhite1865
    Arwhite1865 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 220 lbs to 158 lbs (current) doing this. It did feel weird and wrong to be eating over 1,800 calories and think that I could still lose weight, but that's exactly what happened. The reality is that I was eating more than that to maintain my 220-pound self. It's slow weight loss (1-2 lbs/week), but it's steady and consistent. It's also the *only* way I've ever been able to keep any amount of weight off. I've been overweight since I was about 7-years-old and have never, ever lost anything close to this much weight to begin with. Only 18 more lbs to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!