Butt Crack Jeans or Mom Jeans???

Options

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with plumbers Crack. If anything wear this shirt to make it look better

butt-crack-cleavage-t-shirt-latest.jpg
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Check out Not Your Daughter's Jeans.

http://www.nydj.com/

I like Liz Claiborne jeans and Style & Co from Macy's.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i always wear a belt, so my big butt don't show(also to prevent em from falling off LOL) but i for one get tired of going anywhere and people are "insert any activity here" and there whale tail is shouting morning! gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr....and this is happenming from people of all sizes
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Silver's Suki jeans are a high/low rise in a curvy fit (higher in the back and lower in the front). To be honest, I find lower in the front more comfy to sit in... No weird "cutting you in half" that I get when sitting in some of the higher ones). I'm sure other brands have similar cuts (silver is a bit pricey). I'm tall (5'10") so am long in the body. I also like the sweetheart old navy jeans but the "long" are too short for me. My Silver ones are a 31WX34L so the length is perfect. You'll probably have to try several brands and fits to find which will fit you best. =)
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    Nothing wrong with plumbers Crack. If anything wear this shirt to make it look better

butt-crack-cleavage-t-shirt-latest.jpg

That is hilarious!!!!!! Thanks for sharing! I needed a laugh this morning!

Also thanks to everyone for your posts. I quit shopping the Juniors section a long time ago. I started getting jeans at New York and Company and pay close attention to the rise. I bought one pair that was so bad that when I sat down, they rode down below my butt cheeks. No kidding!!! It was the worst pair of jeans I've ever owned! Others from there fit better but have never fit right. I'll check out some of the brands you guys have suggested. I really appreciate the input! I'd like to lose a little more weight before going all out but even at 135 I had this problem. Maybe I've just got too much backside... lol
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    It is called 'don't get low rise jeans' simple simple! Maurices jeans are pretty much all mid-rise, which it sounds like you need. Any jean that says low rise.... just stay away if your having crack problems. Not all low-rise are like this but if you having trouble I suggest mid-rise. Any cute jean company has a mid rise cut.

I don't shop juniors and have had a horrible time finding jeans that aren't low rise. So really it's not, simple when you can't find them. The ones I do find that say mid rise really aren't mid rise. That's why I made this post. I was hoping someone knew where to find something a curvy woman can wear. I rarely go to Old Navy or the mall and Maurices is in a town we rarely visit. At least now I know to stop at some of the places I rarely visit. Hopefully I'll find something that works!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You can get stylish, non-mom style jeans that are high cut. Mid rise or higher. Look at stores that cater to fashionable women (Express, NY&C, White House/Black Market). Don't buy clothing from places like WalMart. To avoid the mom-jean look, stay away from medium and light washes, faded looks, and tapered ankles (stick to boot cut or slim cut if you are comfortable with them). Don't wear jeans with white tennis shoes.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It is called 'don't get low rise jeans' simple simple! Maurices jeans are pretty much all mid-rise, which it sounds like you need. Any jean that says low rise.... just stay away if your having crack problems. Not all low-rise are like this but if you having trouble I suggest mid-rise. Any cute jean company has a mid rise cut.

I don't shop juniors and have had a horrible time finding jeans that aren't low rise. So really it's not, simple when you can't find them. The ones I do find that say mid rise really aren't mid rise. That's why I made this post. I was hoping someone knew where to find something a curvy woman can wear. I rarely go to Old Navy or the mall and Maurices is in a town we rarely visit. At least now I know to stop at some of the places I rarely visit. Hopefully I'll find something that works!
    Old Navy, Gap, Victoria's Secret. I have never had an issue finding mid-rise jeans for a curvy figure. If by curvy, you mean pear/hourglass and not overweight.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I shop every department. Misses, Petites, Juniors. I'm curvy (waist 11 inches smaller than hips), but also with a very short torso, so mid-rise comes up over my belly button and high rise would almost come up to my boobs.

I have no brand preference. I just try them on and squat a few times in the dressing room. If they're too low in the back, I don't buy them. If they're almost too low in the back, I make sure I'm wearing a long enough top with them. IE, the cami under the cardigan in my profile pic.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Seriously ladies... Does anyone know of any jeans that a woman can buy that doesn't show her crack everytime she moves? Aside from the elastic waist "jeans" my grandma used to wear, I haven't been able to find anything! Since when did letting it all hang out become the trend? I know I'm not the only woman with this problem. I've seen too many cracks when I've been out and about!

So, anyone have any input? :blushing:

I've seen less and less of ultra low rise jeans. In fact, I read a fashion blog article stating that the super low rise jeans are nearing extinction. God, I hope so.

Silver Jeans Co. are a favorite and have plenty to select from mid-rise 8", but what's lovely is that they have a thick band that fits curves nicely. http://www.silverjeans.com/category/womens-shop-by-fit-slightly-curvy

Free people has a good pair of higher rise jeans at 10" rise: http://www.freepeople.com/clothes-denim-shop-classic-denim/fp-high-rise-skinny/
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I spent about $150 on two pairs of jeans from The Buckle ten years ago. They're classy, stylish and still going strong.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I wear mid rise jeans and love them. Only time my crack shows is when I bend way over or squat down low.

^^ same with me. typically its because most jeans are 'stretch' material so they just slide down when we stoop, bend or squat. its frustrating to be a damn female sometimes!!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Old Navy Flirt jeans and those seem to be mid-rise on the belly yet cover the butt. Don't want the crack show!
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm really into Maurices jeans right now...they are hip and fitted, but have normal rise waists!

I would like to 2nd that motion. I love Maurices!! I am more butt than anything and they fit my waist, hips, butt and thighs. Not to mention I always get compliments on them too.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Seriously ladies... Does anyone know of any jeans that a woman can buy that doesn't show her crack everytime she moves? Aside from the elastic waist "jeans" my grandma used to wear, I haven't been able to find anything! Since when did letting it all hang out become the trend? I know I'm not the only woman with this problem. I've seen too many cracks when I've been out and about!

Yep my crack doesn't show but I look for the jeans that aren't the super low. Also they are making a lot of "no gap" jeans now days. I wear a lot of Wranglers, only because they are long enough for riding plus they seem to have the fit that doesn't show crack for everyday and for riding! It is a matter of trying on jeans after jeans until you find the right style for your rear! :-) I have taken arm loads into the dressing room!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Target actually has really good jeans that prevents that!

^^THIS^^ I get my jeans at Target. Great price and you can find a more custom fit for your body type. NO mom jeans for me.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    For reasonable priced jeans, Old Navy Sweetheart style are the best. They aren't high rise, they're mid-rise, so they cover the butt. And they have all the different leg styles - boot cut, flair and skinny.

This is my preferred pair also.

I like the way these fit too, they're just too short on me (no idea why, I'm only 5'3"...guess I have abnormally long legs?), but definitely a more reasonably priced option, given you don't have super long legs.

Rockstar skinny jeans from here too are great. And they make 4 different lengths for both of these. Petite, regular, long and tall. I'm 5'11'' with a 36 inch inseam and the talls actually work for me!
  • gabby365
    gabby365 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I have been saying this for 15-20 years... clothes that try to make everyone from little girls to soccer moms look like Bratz dolls or hookers. If you want to get "regular" clothing... stay away from the "hip" mall stores and shop the major chain department stores... tough but not impossible to find 'regular' clothing. We have good luck at JCP and Kohls.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I would go try on several different cuts and several different brands (like at the Buckle). I have found mid rise jeans fit me best. I am kinda tall with a long torso. I am sure they may fit like mom jeans on someone with a short torso. Low rise totally show my heiny.
  • gabby365
    gabby365 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Target actually has really good jeans that prevents that!

^^THIS^^ I get my jeans at Target. Great price and you can find a more custom fit for your body type. NO mom jeans for me.

Target, too