Flirting ..disrepectful or not at all?

Options

Replies

• 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If you're single please do. If you aren't, please don't!

Hmmm..I'm married. I love looking at the opposite sex, smiling or a grin..no harm done. And if I'm with my hubby and see a nice looking guy I would say "bae did you see the arms on him" we both laugh and then.I say .."he doesn't come close to you daddy" and we both laugh.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Well... I'm single, so BRING IT ON! lol... But I'd say... what is being said in the flirting? If it is just harmless banter, then that is usually pretty safe... If it will filled with blatant sexual undertones... then that can be out of hand sometimes.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference between flirting and hitting on someone with the intention of doing more than flattering.

I don't have issues with joking, complimenting, or in some cases harmless innuendo. If there's no intent, then it isn't an issue.

I don't want to live my life thinking I am only ever allowed to compliment one person. I also don't think I need to dictate that the one person I am with has to give up all harmless interaction with the opposite sex.
  • socko6774
    socko6774 Posts: 200
    Options
    If you're single please do. If you aren't, please don't!

Hmmm..I'm married. I love looking at the opposite sex, smiling or a grin..no harm done. And if I'm with my hubby and see a nice looking guy I would say "bae did you see the arms on him" we both laugh and then.I say .."he doesn't come close to you daddy" and we both laugh.

nothing wrong with that, you both are obviously secure in your relationship and can be open, which is great!! i envy that. Ive dated some super insecure psychos who would probably have stabbed me if i said anything remotely close to that lol.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    no i dont think married or people in a couple should "flirt". it opens a door. i would not like to watch my husband flirt with some other girl. i would never flirt with some guy in turn.

now joking around with a good friend is different. everyone knows its harmless. its different if you know the person. but even then. a door can be opened. i would never joke around with out my husband being there.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I'd be mad if I saw my bf doing it...therefore I don't with men.

There's a difference in being nice/playing personality & flirting...I stay away from the latter.

Agreed.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    depends whos flirting with you.

Exactly this. The hotter you are the less weird it is.

thank you, us guys think alike...lol

I think you'll find most women think this way too.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Depends on the situation. When I bartended I flirted to get bigger tips (hubby would be sitting right there on the end of the bar), but to flirt just out in general public....disrespectful.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    no i dont think married or people in a couple should "flirt". it opens a door. i would not like to watch my husband flirt with some other girl. i would never flirt with some guy in turn.

now joking around with a good friend is different. everyone knows its harmless. its different if you know the person. but even then. a door can be opened. i would never joke around with out my husband being there.
    It's such a slippery slope, which is why I avoid it altogether.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Well... I'm single, so BRING IT ON! lol... But I'd say...

Lol
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb is, if you would be bothered by your partner doing something then you shouldn't be doing it.

I don't flirt. I wouldn't want my fiance to flirt.

I don't judge people in relationships who do though, to each their own.

This right here.
  • slpazi13
    Options
    As long as your partner is ok with it and not a jealous person, why not? when my guys friends come over, I tell my guy...ok I'l be flirting with your friends tonight and we just laugh and have fun. He knows I am going home with him at night and love him so what is the harm. It isn't like I am hitting on his friends, a little extra attention isn't cheating in my book and my guys book so that is all that matters. Hanging and smiling at a person are two different things!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    depends whos flirting with you.

Exactly this. The hotter you are the less weird it is.

And it goes both ways, fella. Ladies are probably more discerning than you.

thank you, us guys think alike...lol
  • lisamarie229
    Options
    I think it really depends on how well/if you know the person. At a bar flirting with a hot guy while in a relationship .. probably not a good idea, but if it's with a close friend I don't see too much harm as long as boundaries are set :) be secure!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

These two responses get my vote.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I flirt with everyone. I'm unable to stop it. lol, I think I might have just been born charming. :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with flirting??

My answer...Honey ain't nothing wrong with looking. I window shop all the time, just don't buy!

What about you?

it's OK to look at the menu as long as you eat at home!!

I don't think I would shamelessly flirt with my hubby sitting right next to me...but when he is not around, I tend to flirt with people I feel are *safe* like the cute trainer at the gym who is 15 years younger than me, and KNOWS that I am happily married.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

thats exactly what it is, a slippery slope. when my husband and i were first married, we were trying to plan a trip to see one of his very close friends. my husband couldnt get away from work, and the friend suggested i come alone. it did not fly with me. i was not going to go spend time with a single man when i'm married. nothing would have happened, its just a slippery slope. no sense in tempting it.
  • TheSteelerGirl
    Options
    Married.. not dead :wink: