Flirting ..disrepectful or not at all?

Options

Replies

• 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If you're single please do. If you aren't, please don't!

Hmmm..I'm married. I love looking at the opposite sex, smiling or a grin..no harm done. And if I'm with my hubby and see a nice looking guy I would say "bae did you see the arms on him" we both laugh and then.I say .."he doesn't come close to you daddy" and we both laugh.

nothing wrong with that, you both are obviously secure in your relationship and can be open, which is great!! i envy that. Ive dated some super insecure psychos who would probably have stabbed me if i said anything remotely close to that lol.

Omg..Lmbo..I'm laughing with you.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I think it's disrespectful when married or in a relationship.

I also think "window shopping" and "flirting" are entirely different things.
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    If you're single please do. If you aren't, please don't!

Exactly how I see it!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I am single....but i would say, in general, online flirting and in-person flirting are two totally different things. Online, you know the chances of you ever actually even being in the same room with the person is usually slim.....so i feel like this is just fun....and no harm done. It is fun to get extra attention, especially from somebody of the opposite sex.
    BUT....it is up to each person to keep the boundaries up....and to just keep it light and fun....because, as someone else on here said - - it is a slippery slope.

PERV ON!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Oops, I don't belong here...

*slowly backs out of thread*
  • slpazi13
    Options
    Think you need to find a differnt types of women you are dating...not all of us are jealous psychos...many of us are fun and love to laugh too.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    What's wrong with flirting??

My answer...Honey ain't nothing wrong with looking. I window shop all the time, just don't buy!

What about you?

it's OK to look at the menu as long as you eat at home!!

I don't think I would shamelessly flirt with my hubby sitting right next to me...but when he is not around, I tend to flirt with people I feel are *safe* like the cute trainer at the gym who is 15 years younger than me, and KNOWS that I am happily married.

Lmbo..eat at home! Good one..now the trainer Lol..
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with flirting??

My answer...Honey ain't nothing wrong with looking. I window shop all the time, just don't buy!

What about you?

Flirting is harmless fun when you're single. I am single and no big deal for me. I think if your married or in a relationship you should respect your spouse or bf/gf and consider their feelings about flirting.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    There are going to be a multitude of different answers. As far as being disrespectful or not, again, that will depend on the persons own thoughts.

I do it, my wife does it, we have no issues with it. Others will be different.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Think you need to find a differnt types of women you are dating...not all of us are jealous psychos...many of us are fun and love to laugh too.

Exactly
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    Its personal preference but my husband and I see no harm in it. At the end of the day we have been together a long time, flirting is different from being overtly sexual with the intention of crossing the line. At the end of the day hubby still comes home with me and gives me more attention than any girl he flirts harmlessly with :)
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    When I don't have a SO (like now), heck yeah, I'll flirt....but only if the flirtee is single. My flirts tend to be respectful anyhow (hmmm maybe that's why I don't have a SO)
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

So women who don't adhere to the "flirting is ok" mindset are jealous psychos in capable of fun and laughter? Wow
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I don't get this. If you look that's one thing, but if you actively flirt I assume you're interested and single (that or you're cheating scum). Beh. Don't waste my time if you're taken. I hate that!

I don't know if your significant other thinks you're disrespecting her when you do that, but for sure you're disrespecting me!

I think you're confusing "flirting" and "hitting on". There's a difference.

There is? Okay yeah, I missed that subtle distinction I guess.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Shoot, I even tell the check out girl she smells good. :) no reason not to. I say something and its true. and it makes some ones else smile ill do it.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't act in any way or say things that would make my husband uncomfortable if he were there. My husband shows me the same respect.
  • slpazi13
    Options
    :smile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Lets just say, flirting makes me feel confident. I was a big flirt on her before I met my boyfriend and I was driven to losing weight, felt good about myself and how I was looking.

Fast forward 1.5 years to today. I have gained back half of my weight lost, I can't remember the last time I went out with friends and I rarely have moments of confidence.

I miss flirting. :angry:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Being fun and laughing has nothing to do with flirting. Unless I'm mistaken.
    Very ingnorant sounding post.
  • slpazi13
    Options
    thats exactly what it is, a slippery slope. when my husband and i were first married, we were trying to plan a trip to see one of his very close friends. my husband couldnt get away from work, and the friend suggested i come alone. it did not fly with me. i was not going to go spend time with a single man when i'm married. nothing would have happened, its just a slippery slope. no sense in tempting it.

That is not flirting...that is not even the same game.