Meal Plan from Professional Female Body Builder

Options

Replies

• jasminetoi
    jasminetoi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    sorry this is turning into fitness! but nutrition and excercise of course go hand in hand!

I think it might be useful for you to take a moment to explain specifically what your goals are, what your current stats are and what your current fitness/nutrition program looks like. I think a lot of different topics are getting tossed about in here without a clear direction.

im 22 years old, 5'7, 147 pounds, 23% BF since the last time i checked...my tdee is 2030
    i want atleast 20% bf ......toned arms, smaller waist, bigger butt/thighs, six pack (without my back looking to muscular bc i have very broad shoulders)

want supplements that help decrease appetite and build muscle
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    sorry this is turning into fitness! but nutrition and excercise of course go hand in hand!

I think it might be useful for you to take a moment to explain specifically what your goals are, what your current stats are and what your current fitness/nutrition program looks like. I think a lot of different topics are getting tossed about in here without a clear direction.

im 22 years old, 5'7, 147 pounds, 23% BF since the last time i checked...my tdee is 2030
    i want atleast 20% bf ......toned arms, smaller waist, bigger butt/thighs, six pack (without my back looking to muscular bc i have very broad shoulders)

I posted a few pages back a link to a group that has a LOT of good information that would be very useful for you to read through. Here's the link again (I think it got lost in the chaos): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-

Supplements to reduce appetite are a waste of money IMHO. You're better off using some self-control and eating at a decent caloric intake (enough to drop body fat but not too little). No supplement will build muscle. Protein supplements will help you hit your protein goals to help preserve lean mass alongside your training program, but there are no magic supplements.

What you're looking to do requires a good strength training program (the specifics of which will depend on your fitness goals) and a calorie deficit to drop your body fat percentage. Definitely read through the sticky threads in that group. It will help you understand the basics of how this works a lot.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have competed..and i can tell u that i may have ate something like this the last week or so prior to comp..but I ate ALOT more than this during training. and I would not have touched a rice cake with a gazillion foot poll(only because I personally think they taste like cardboard..lol)

This was my experience as well. Except I like rice cakes.
    Like others have said, this is not a training diet, it is a pre-comp cut.
    Pregasaus hit the nail on the head with the supplements.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I personally think it's a great nutrition plan. Great food choices and

One thing people need to understand is the difference between a diet based on good health and a diet based on optimal body composition. This diet is primarily based on optimal body composition, but this in turn will naturally lead to good health. Notice the lack of fruit (except berries) and the general low carb. This is hard to maintain, but can give amazing transformation results if you stick to it.

The fear of growing too muscular is generally unneeded. One thing you should remember is that you can easily get to the level of fitness and muscle growth and then MAINTAIN that level of muscle without gaining any more excess muscle if you want. An easy (and rather crude!) way to describe this is "purposely plateauing".
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Supplements that help decrease appetite are strong triceps to push away from the dinner table and willpower. Diet is 90% of the battle when trying to lean out. There is no "magic pill" - don't fall sucker to the diet industry scams.

Supplements to build muscle are calories in excess of your maintenance intake, adequate protein intake (at least 1g per pound of lean body mass) and lots of iron. Heavy iron, as in weight plates. Across your back (squats), over your chest (bench press) and underneath you (bent row). Maybe even at your feet (deadlift).
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I think female body builders are very unattractive and unfeminine. If they're taking steroids, even more so. The female body was made to have nice curves and a little meat on it -- not look like you could crush walnuts with your thighs.

If you want a nice body, go for the yoga/pilates/aerobics type body. The "fitness" body where there is muscle tones and lean lines -- not ripples of muscles. I'm a straight female and even I think that's a hot body on a female! (and what I'm aspiring to become)

that's what's nice about this world in which we live. You can think what you want, and I can think what I want.
    I think the female body is a beautiful thing in both scenarios - ripped vs lean lines, and I am proud of MY body.

In the end, I am doing this for me (ok, ok, and maybe for the guy I wanna drive insane), and am making a point of not caring less what others think.

And last I heard... when in a bikini... no one has ever confused me for a man, nor have they stated that I am unattractive or unfeminine. Then again, I'm not a bodybuilder... and maybe you were referring to the ones that would rival Arnold when he was in his prime.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

One thing people need to understand is the difference between a diet based on good health and a diet based on optimal body composition. This diet is primarily based on optimal body composition, but this in turn will naturally lead to good health. Notice the lack of fruit (except berries) and the general low carb. This is hard to maintain, but can give amazing transformation results if you stick to it.

The fear of growing too muscular is generally unneeded. One thing you should remember is that you can easily get to the level of fitness and muscle growth and then MAINTAIN that level of muscle without gaining any more excess muscle if you want. An easy (and rather crude!) way to describe this is "purposely plateauing".

Good food choices but its barely 1400 calories (on a non-salmon day). Her BMR alone is 1459 or so. It's quite low especially with the cardio prescribed. I believe she can obtain "optimal" with more food and more variety.

It is a 30c/40p/30f split, which is the same I was doing for training.

ETA - OP - from personal experience - using a restrictive diet like this for a period of time, obtaining the body is one thing. Maintaining it is another thing.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think?I think i would last a week before i went crazy....and how long do u think it would take before i look TOO muscular? Im still waiting to find out what workouts accompany this meal plan....

As soon as you wake up:
    - Water, L-carnitine, BCAA’s (5 capsules), & glutamine
    With breakfast, lunch and dinner: 1 tsp fish oil
    Supplements that are once a day:
    - multi vitamin
    - magnesium at night and 5 BCAA’s
    - pre workout and in morning: either kick by revolution or muscle prime by allmax (if you do 2 workouts take one before each) 5 BCAA’s

Meal #1: (before work)
    ¾ cup egg white
    ½ cup cooked oatmeal
    ¼ tsp ground flax seed
    Stevia to sweeten

Meal #2:
    3 oz chicken
    ½ avocado
    (can use mustard just 2 tsps)
    ½ cup blueberries

Meal #3:
    3 oz chicken
    5 speers of asparagus
    100 gms of sweet potato

Meal #4:
    1 scoop whey protein & water
    2 rice cakes
    1 tbsp natural almond butter

Meal #5:
    4 oz tilapia or 4oz salmon
    2 cups cooked broccoli
    ¼ tsp olive on broccoli after its been cooked (if you are having salmon, no olive oil)
    U can use a bit of plain mustard.

Postworkout:
    1 scoop whey protein
    3 rice cakes
    5 BCAA’s
    (1 – 11/2 hrs later eat meal)

ummm...
    where are the:
    - doritos
    - wine
    - bowls of ice cream
    - chocolate

count me out!
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Actually think it's a pretty good start for a weight training diet.

you won't get too muscular unless you're taking some "not over the counter" stuff and lifting heavy.

i say try it for a few days and see how it works out!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    whoever it was who said eat TDEE - 20% and lift heavy has my vote.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

Good food choices but its barely 1400 calories (on a non-salmon day). Her BMR alone is 1459 or so. It's quite low especially with the cardio prescribed. I believe she can obtain "optimal" with more food and more variety.

It is a 30c/40p/30f split, which is the same I was doing for training.

ETA - OP - from personal experience - using a restrictive diet like this for a period of time, obtaining the body is one thing. Maintaining it is another thing.

Very good point. My main point was actually that the food choices and supplements (which I forgot to type at the end of the first paragraph!) were really good. I didn't actually do any caloric calculations to be honest so I'll take your word for it on the calorie part.

OP If the diet is under your BMR then you need to eat more like 3dogsrunning has said. Remember, there are to ways to cut fat through a caloric deficit. For example:
    1) Eat 2200 calories and burn 400 through exercise. Net calories = 1800/per day --- Eat less + exercise less
    2) Eat 2500 calories and burn 700 through exercise. Net calories = 1800/per day --- Eat more + exercise more

Doing 4 cardio sessions and 3 weight sessions is a lot of volume (and I am assuming intensity) then the second option may be a better way to achieve your goals.
  • jrwvegas
    jrwvegas Posts: 1
    Options
    FYI to the ORIGINAL POST - - I am an NPC Figure competitor, and the meal plan outlined was very normal for the Figure look. You cannot get too bulky or looking like a woman bodybuilder unless you are lifting DAMN heavy and eating twice this much. You will, in fact look mostly like this ONLY AFTER consistent training and nutrition (as originally posted) FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS WITHOUT CHEATING.

Nicole Wilkins on RX Muscle Contest webpage:

http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?contest=71&year=635&bodybuilder=180

This is a beautiful, feminine, toned look.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    FYI to the ORIGINAL POST - - I am an NPC Figure competitor, and the meal plan outlined was very normal for the Figure look. You cannot get too bulky or looking like a woman bodybuilder unless you are lifting DAMN heavy and eating twice this much. You will, in fact look mostly like this ONLY AFTER consistent training and nutrition (as originally posted) FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS WITHOUT CHEATING.

Nicole Wilkins on RX Muscle Contest webpage:

http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?contest=71&year=635&bodybuilder=180

This is a beautiful, feminine, toned look.

I am confused by your post. When you say this is a "normal" diet for a figure competitor, are you referring to a year round diet of a figure competitor or the contest prep diet?
    You can follow this diet all you want, and lift weighs but you won't look like that unless you have the muscle. Lifting and following this restrictive diet won't produce those muscles.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    a whole three months to achieve the naturally impossible look of the stereotypical heavyweight female body builder?

Sign me up for that nutrition and gear regimen....
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Why would you follow a body builder's meal plan when you're worried about looking too muscular?

S-IMG_0089-lrg.jpg

Is that too muscular?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Why would you follow a body builder's meal plan when you're worried about looking too muscular?

S-IMG_0089-lrg.jpg

Is that too muscular?

I bet she's hot as hell when not at competition leanness...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    1. This is an old post.

2. How many calories is that original meal plan? Doesn't look like many. Looks like a cutting plan to get lean. You can't build muscle on that.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    1. This is an old post.

2. How many calories is that original meal plan? Doesn't look like many. Looks like a cutting plan to get lean. You can't build muscle on that.

I ran the numbers when this was posted over a year ago. Thinking was around 1400.
  • Margaretward26
    Margaretward26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i am 65 think it will help me loose
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This has got to be a bodybuilders meal plan when leaning out for competition. This will not make you muscular. If you have a bunch of muscle packed on and you lean out ( because of this diet and a proper training/cardio plan) then your low body fat percentage will make you appear muscular because you have less fat and your pretty muscles are popping through :)

Post a body builders bulking plan and then you can ask the question of if it will make you look muscular.