Don't ever give up! (my story, picture heavy)

Options

Replies

• bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! great job, you obviously put a lot of effort in
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Motivates me. Well done sir, well done.
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic!!!
  • Farah_akbar
    Farah_akbar Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Well done you look g8t
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation handsome!!! You look SO great - Well done!!! :D
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    There are so many of these threads, so I figured why not my turn eh? :P ! In fact, when I was first introduced to MFP, what really got me moving was the fact that the friend that referred me to the site showed me one of these success threads. It was a gentleman who went from 350lbs to 190lbs and he looked incredible! He gave a lot of the credit to the help he attained from this site and the folks in it. In the back of my mind, I couldn't wait to make my own similar thread. Even though at that time I still didn't believe I could do it. :D

I'm not done yet, I still have around 20lbs to go and then time to tone up the bod! I do know that I am much closer then ever!! I know that I NEVER thought I would do this. I truly thought I was just going to be "fat", unhealthy, and unhappy for the rest of my life. The amount of weight I had to lose was just so intimidating! I was afraid! Afraid of failing, afraid that it would kill me. I used every excuse in life. One day, while looking at my daughter it hit me! Can I have the courage for her? Can I dig down deep for her and do this for her? I couldn't take her to the park without losing my breath, I simply could not keep up with her! Every time I chose to eat a greasy burger instead of getting healthy for her, for my family, I was being so selfish. I was killing myself. I was 27 years old, 300lbs and I just knew if I didn't do something to make a real change, I wouldn't see my family for much longer. So I decided, that it was time.

OVERALL PRGRESS STATS:
    SW: 298 with 43% BF! (7/1/12)
    CW: 208 with 27% BF (12/15/12)
    I lost 90lbs, I dropped my BF% by 16%, CONSIDERABLY dropped my blood pressure and cholesterol levels. I went from size 46/48 pants to a size 34, from a 4XL shirt to a L/M, I lost 12 inches off my waist and I'm still going strong

Remember that you can do ANYTHING you want and nothing but yourself can stop ya!! I still have some work ahead of me but with the help of my incredible MFP pals, my family and my new found determination, nothing is going to stop me. Watch me. Give me a chance I promise you that I will blow you away!! Keep it going guys!! :D:D

WOW! I cannot say how amazing the change is!! I understand being afraid of failure, so I am SOOOOOO glad you decided to do it for your daughter.

You look OUTSTANDING!
  • Michshellars
    Options
    Great job, congrats!! :happy:
  • jennij1984
    Options
    Wow...great job!! You are truly an inspiration!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    wow congrats to you! You are very inspiring and thank you so much for sharing
  • tlafrance
    tlafrance Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    WoW! You look amazing!
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! Very inspiring and I can totally relate to your story :) you look fantastic, keep up the good work!
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    This is indeed inspirational. The part where you put about having the courage/digging deep for your daughter really touched me. I am desperate to be healthy in order to live a healthy and hopefully long life so that I am here for my 2 daughters, and I am so worried that I might get an obesity related cancer. Thank you for your inspirational words and a massive well done to you!
  • HyugasHeiress
    HyugasHeiress Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So amazing and inspiring ! :) waow
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    wow dude, true inspiration
  • dawnfto
    dawnfto Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You look great!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You are just such an amazing guy and an awesome friend! So very proud of you and inspired by you!!! You look absolutely wonderful!!!
  • Mazzela5
    Options
    Wow!!! You look completely different and HAPPY:) Keep up the great work.
  • move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    Thank for all the kind words everyone! I'm really reading every single comment and cannot say thank you enough.!! :D Just remember that all the hard work YOU'RE putting in is worth it! You can and WILL do this and you will have your own success story real soon. Just don't ever give up! When you feel like you can do it anymore, like it's not worth it..... dig down deep and find that strength. It is worth it and improves your life! It's not easy but if it was you wouldn't be here and you wouldn't be as incredible are you are. There is no better feeling in the world then starting off thinking you couldn't do something and you do it anyway. Not only did you do it, you killed it and you kept going. How do you truly judge success? By the amount of times you got up after you fell, the tears you shed and then wiped away in those moments of doubt. So keep your head up, keep pushing forward, don't give up and I promise you that you will love the next chapter of your life. Love you guys!!! :D:D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!