How long before you dump your pals????

Options
rsjohnb
rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
Is there an etiquette for dumping friends who aren't logging in??

I'm giving them 7 days then their out. Grrrr you've got to be in it to win it.lol

What about you?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I only have a few friends. Some log consistently, others do not. I might send them a "hope you are well" message but I don't dump them.
  • Domestic_Hippie
    Domestic_Hippie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I never dump friends. Who am I to say that they are required to get on the computer daily. They have no obligation to that haha Sometimes I will go a month without logging my food here, that doesn't mean Im out binging or somthing. It just means I do have an outside life and sometimes I cant get to the net...
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm not the dumping type...
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Ten days, max :devil:
  • TheRealPDouble
    Options
    depends on how much I like em... but for 95% of them, if it is over two weeks they are gone...
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I never dump friends for not logging in. I have a few who have been MIA for a couple of months. What if they come back and find all of their friends abandoned them? I wouldn't be much of a friend would I? They aren't causing any trouble and if MFP has a friend limit, I'm nowhere near it.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I give 1-2 months.
  • Starbreezeunicorn
    Starbreezeunicorn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    they are not pals if you consider dumping them after 7 short days. I often cant log in due to grueling 18 hour shifts 10 days in a row. I am pretty grateful for my friends sticking around. My lifestyle is making this weightloss hard as hell and soemtimes those that dont log in need you even more then those who do <3
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    The only time I dump friends is if they are doing something that is detrimental to my mind set. I had one that was eating nothing but crap all day, but stayed under their calories and was losing weight.... not quite the lifestyle I am trying to create, and it was hard to see that almost everyday!
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    i try to keep my fl around no more than 60 I then go in and if they havent logged in 2 or more weeks then they are gone,
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Usually 1 month x
  • Dottydotdot
    Options
    I never dump friends for not logging in. I have a few who have been MIA for a couple of months. What if they come back and find all of their friends abandoned them? I wouldn't be much of a friend would I? They aren't causing any trouble and if MFP has a friend limit, I'm nowhere near it.

This. Yup.
  • xjackie83
    xjackie83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It really depends. I know I've been in ruts or on vacation where I didn't log for a while. And I have had friends that have had their own issues where they couldn't log.

The only ones I've every really dumped is when they have never lost any weight at all and log once or twice, then disappear for weeks, only to appear again and log once or twice, etc.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, if you aren't committed to this, buh-bye
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    One week tops. Why keep people on here don't want to be here. Ifnthey come back and want to be my friend they can re add me. My page is not going to be lit up with _ has not logged in for 1 month.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    wow, I bet you would be a tough boss! Vacations? Computer issues? Sickness? Needs a break? I took a break from my fitness pal for 6 months, and came back in the new year. I was glad to still have my friends. I didn't fall off the wagon, just didn't quite need as much support for a while.
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If I've never heard from them... a week or two. If I've heard from them before, but they take a break... generally I'll keep them for a while. I don't see the point of friends I can't support, or that I can't get ideas or support from in return. Since I'm not in this to collect pals I generally just keep the ones that are making noise. I also try to keep my list relatively short... so obviously my friends are part of an elite group! :smile:
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't dump anyone. If they decide to come back, I'm still here.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get rid of people to after about 7 days too.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    It really depends. I know I've been in ruts or on vacation where I didn't log for a while. And I have had friends that have had their own issues where they couldn't log.

The only ones I've every really dumped is when they have never lost any weight at all and log once or twice, then disappear for weeks, only to appear again and log once or twice, etc.

I agree with this. There are people who are committed but may not log everyday, then there are the people who are logging taco bell and cupcakes everyday and complaining about not losing weight.