Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm not the dumping type...

You are my density!

Density_zpsd151793c.jpg
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    it's whatever works for you. I personally need people who are committed to help keep me committed. Not all friends share their food log, but at least they log in from what I can see. It's one thing if they are going on vacation or something and aren't on for a week or 2, but if they haven't logged in for a month or more than maybe they aren't committed enough.
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    for myself, I can't see dumping any friend. my circumstances up here for accessing the computer is hard at times. I am in Northern Saskatchewan. sometimes I need to try 6-8 times a day to get the signal for my computer to access the internet. sometimes worse if we are getting heavy snowfalls or strong winds. our signal comes off a satelitte. if I go to visit my elderly mother, who lives on a farm, well she does not have a computer, so no use me taking my laptop because she does not have the satelitte service. if I am down there any length of time, I am hooped to log in to MFP. Needless to say I am addicted to logging in and checking here for tips and daily encouragement. I need to go to mom's on Friday and will be away for 3 or 4 days. I am really worried about not be able to log my daily food, so I can keep on track. I have only been a MFP member since Jan 6th, 2013. I need it and I also need the friends I have acquired here. I may need to see if there are neighbour's in mom's farm area, that I can access their satelittes so I can log in. Just saying-sometimes there are reasons beyond a person's control.
  • TisheaDH
    TisheaDH Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't have to dump my pals because I am very selective about who I allow to be a pal in the first place. I surround myself with people who are of a like mindset, which means we probably have contact outside of this forum.
  • suz2411
    suz2411 Posts: 33
    Options
    Geez remind me to log in every day! I'd hate to be dumped :-(
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I don't unfriend for time length, I usually unfriend for interaction length (if they haven't been on and interacting, I wait. Could be legitimately sick or busy.) I'm INSANELY active on my update feed/friend's list and prefer to have others that are as well. My goals are to comment on EVERY FRIEND's something or other EVERY single day. I can only keep up with so many before I start not being able to get to everyone.

That makes me feel like a crappy friend, so I generally stay with those who are able to interact with me and visa versa.

I'm like this too.
    I usually dump people if they never respond or talk to me.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    A month usually
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    for myself, I can't see dumping any friend. my circumstances up here for accessing the computer is hard at times. I am in Northern Saskatchewan. sometimes I need to try 6-8 times a day to get the signal for my computer to access the internet. sometimes worse if we are getting heavy snowfalls or strong winds. our signal comes off a satelitte. if I go to visit my elderly mother, who lives on a farm, well she does not have a computer, so no use me taking my laptop because she does not have the satelitte service. if I am down there any length of time, I am hooped to log in to MFP. Needless to say I am addicted to logging in and checking here for tips and daily encouragement. I need to go to mom's on Friday and will be away for 3 or 4 days. I am really worried about not be able to log my daily food, so I can keep on track. I have only been a MFP member since Jan 6th, 2013. I need it and I also need the friends I have acquired here. I may need to see if there are neighbour's in mom's farm area, that I can access their satelittes so I can log in. Just saying-sometimes there are reasons beyond a person's control.

I've got a few friends with spotty access to nets. Maybe make an update on your FL about it? That always makes me remember what's going on and not to be too hasty.
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm not the dumping type...

You are my density!

Density_zpsd151793c.jpg

McFly! LOL
  • staciarose13
    staciarose13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I really pay no mind to what people on my friends list are doing. Well, I like seeing their posts and their exercises and food..but i don't pay attention to who logs and who doesn't. I've only unfriended one person and that's because he was feeling up the news feed with man-whoreish stuff. I didn't join this site to see strangers flirt all day. It was quite annoying.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I never dump friends for not logging in. I have a few who have been MIA for a couple of months. What if they come back and find all of their friends abandoned them? I wouldn't be much of a friend would I? They aren't causing any trouble and if MFP has a friend limit, I'm nowhere near it.

Same
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    30 days...if you don't log in for a month you are not committed, I feel.
  • gillesse
    gillesse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well I've been consistently using mfp since the beginning of the month, and so far the friends I have on my list have been pretty active. But I'm not really the type to dump friends for being inactive. Maybe they are just caught up with something in life, and they may have the motivation to come back later. Just my thoughts.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I only cut if they never have any contact and are off for over two weeks. But friends who talk, respond, have contact, I won"t delete if they are not on for a few weeks.... And people who never have contact BUT do log in I don"t cut. Maybe just seeing other people is their motivation.
  • Lunnunis
    Lunnunis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry so much about timescales. My problem is that some people don't want a friend, they want a fan club. They want you to cheer them on but have little or nothing to offer in return. I'm still looking for a genuine friend who will encourage me as much as I encourage them. Anybody who did that I would value highly. I'd give them 6 months if they stopped logging on with no explanation or a year if they had said it was only temporary. After a year they've probably gone for good.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I don't have a time limit on my friendship.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Since all of my MFP friends are also personal friends that I know face to face, I don't dump them. Period. They are my friends and I try to encourage them cause we are all busy moms with lots of stuff going on. It's understandable to run out of time to log in and write stuff down. They do the same for me.....we are in this together for better or for worse!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I give them a month.

Unless they're really hot.

Then I give them two.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Not long at all. I try to keep my list small and instead of denying friend requests I usually accept. But i'd you dont log in our never communicate at all, I delete ya quick. (unless I know they are on a trip or sick)

If they dont log in for a few days I dont delete immediately but if it's their usual m.o. to skip days at a time, I will. And i'm more tolerant of absences from friends who have contact back and forth. The ones that never say a word to me, whats the point of keeping them on my list?
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The ones who didn't dump me after almost 7 months AWOL have certainly earned both my gratitude and my loyalty. So ... never.