How long before you dump your pals????

Options

Replies

• vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Is there an etiquette for dumping friends who aren't logging in??

I'm giving them 7 days then their out. Grrrr you've got to be in it to win it.lol

What about you?

I accept everyone, i dump no one. I have no rules on who gets to be my friend or kicking someone off my friends list...who cares.
  • claireables88
    claireables88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    some people work like me i have a very demanding job which makes it impossible for me to log in sometimes but it does not stop me from doing what i am doing when logging in. Or some people could be ill, you never know what is going on in their personal lives and you should try to be more supportive by sending maybe an encouraging message.
  • essaryswife73
    essaryswife73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't dump people for not logging in daily. I have a friend who is deploying, and she won't be able to log in all the time. I'm not going to dump her because she's doing her job and not logging in on the computer.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Is there an etiquette for dumping friends who aren't logging in??

I'm giving them 7 days then their out. Grrrr you've got to be in it to win it.lol

What about you?

Nice to meet you. Strange way to "Introduce Yourself", but it got my attention so there you go.

It depends on the friend. That's my answer. Some I wouldn't delete if they never came back.
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Geez, now I know why over half the ppl I was friends with dropped me when I got frustrated and stopped logging for 6 months. I was sad to come back and see they couldn't be bothered to keep me on.

Maybe if you sent the ppl that aren't logging on msg's they would tune back in and start updating again. Don't just delete people without finding out why they aren't on.

I refuse to be accountable for why someone else is choosing not to follow through or be committed.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I NEVER DUMP ANYONE....although I was recently dumped by one of my "friends"...I guess there was a misunderstanding.... actually this person commented about me drinking ONE Diet Coke...and this caused a huge "can of worms" responses....oh, well, can't keep everybody happy....
  • she2cute
    she2cute Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Why dump your pals? They're there to inspire and lift you up. They don't need to lose the weight for themselves in order for you to lose your weight. Albeit, it is nice reading what they've eaten for the day so we don't have to add up our own calories. :o)
  • lazy8ee
    lazy8ee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't dump them. The commitment to loose weight is a hard struggle and as pals we should be there to motivate each other when needed.
  • gobamagrl
    gobamagrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to "dump" my friends. Honestly, I don't have time to "monitor" my friends activity on here. Life outside of MFP keeps me on my toes. I did take a break from MFP for about six months. It wasn't that I fell off the wagon, I was still working my butt off in the gym and making healthy choices, I just didn't have time in that busy stage of my life to stop and log. When I came back, I had lost a couple friends, but I can't identify by name the ones who gave up on me....if that says anything....The ones I've actually interacted with on here stuck by me, and that's really to me why you want support. Unconditional support. I'm not perfect enough to cut people because they aren't checking in. I'm not of the police mentality.....:wink:
  • gobamagrl
    gobamagrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I NEVER DUMP ANYONE....although I was recently dumped by one of my "friends"...I guess there was a misunderstanding.... actually this person commented about me drinking ONE Diet Coke...and this caused a huge "can of worms" responses....oh, well, can't keep everybody happy....

commented on you drinking a diet soda? That "Friend" sounds annoying as hell.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    This may sound a strange and maybe long post, I hope you bear with me ok?

I was on here for my first year a while ago...and I added friends...it was all WTG and sometimes no one added anything constructive. There were friends that added friends and were arguing in the forums.

But the whole friend thing ...I just deleted my account and restarted again. Will I add friends again...well I added 1 lady and we just throw challenges at each other...does it work yes. We PM each other.

If your `friends` are just filling up your feed and neither of your `friends` or you are doing anything to help each other then what is the point???

But it is what `floats your boat`
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I give them a month.

Unless they're really hot.

Then I give them two.

:laugh:
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    You never know why someone has not logged in. At times people could be sick. Or maybe only have access to a library computer and just can't get in there everyday. The only people I dump are the ones I see creating trouble in the forums. If I see someone being an arrogant, know-it-all, or a bully, or genrally being a negative force, they are out.
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    they are not pals if you consider dumping them after 7 short days. I often cant log in due to grueling 18 hour shifts 10 days in a row. I am pretty grateful for my friends sticking around. My lifestyle is making this weightloss hard as hell and soemtimes those that dont log in need you even more then those who do <3
    nice answer...don't judge people for not being on as much as you
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I got dumped one time for feeling up the news feed with my man-whoreish stuff. They didn't join this site to see me flirt all day :-(

That said, I don't cut people that I know and interact with on a personal level on a regular basis ( > 'nice burn' ) and if they're going on vacation or something, as long as they check in with a phone call each day, they don't get cut.
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    If I've never heard from them... a week or two. If I've heard from them before, but they take a break... generally I'll keep them for a while. I don't see the point of friends I can't support, or that I can't get ideas or support from in return. Since I'm not in this to collect pals I generally just keep the ones that are making noise. I also try to keep my list relatively short... so obviously my friends are part of an elite group! :smile:

Cool, interesting points of view, this is the closest to my opinion. How boring would MFP be if we all thought the same.:smile:
  • PixiePickle
    PixiePickle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It really depends. I know I've been in ruts or on vacation where I didn't log for a while. And I have had friends that have had their own issues where they couldn't log.

The only ones I've every really dumped is when they have never lost any weight at all and log once or twice, then disappear for weeks, only to appear again and log once or twice, etc.

I agree with this. There are people who are committed but may not log everyday, then there are the people who are logging taco bell and cupcakes everyday and complaining about not losing weight.

This! :bigsmile:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    as long as they check in with a phone call each day, they don't get cut.

I've not yet received your personal home number. Would peeking into your windows at night count???
  • JoyfullMovement
    JoyfullMovement Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    They could be on vacation with no Internet.

I have seen this bother people but i am not sure i understand. Why does it upset you?