How long before you dump your pals????

Options

Replies

• jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't dump them unless they have been gone for more then 6 months. Life can be hard enough I just think how would I feel if I didn't log in for a month came back and had no friends.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Geez, now I know why over half the ppl I was friends with dropped me when I got frustrated and stopped logging for 6 months. I was sad to come back and see they couldn't be bothered to keep me on.

Maybe if you sent the ppl that aren't logging on msg's they would tune back in and start updating again. Don't just delete people without finding out why they aren't on.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    once they give me their bank account information for my uncle zwahili in uzbekistan to transfer the money
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I don't unfriend for time length, I usually unfriend for interaction length (if they haven't been on and interacting, I wait. Could be legitimately sick or busy.) I'm INSANELY active on my update feed/friend's list and prefer to have others that are as well. My goals are to comment on EVERY FRIEND's something or other EVERY single day. I can only keep up with so many before I start not being able to get to everyone.

That makes me feel like a crappy friend, so I generally stay with those who are able to interact with me and visa versa.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'd only dump somebody for being mean. If they're not logging in, they're not clogging up my news feed with senseless trivia at least.
  • Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't usually dump them. I went awhile when I fell of my diet a few times but it was always nice to come back to the same people. Maybe just find more that are on daily then you won't notice to much the ones that are slipping up.
  • wlbarnett
    Options
    Changing life styles is tough. It may take a few tries but it would be nice if "friends" didn't dump you at the first sign of trouble. Of course, you could just be like me and not have friends. I don't worry about getting dumped by friends that I never had. :wink:
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    2 months and they are out!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I've got several MIA friends, but I haven't deleted anyone. I also have plenty of active friends who are super supportive and participate a lot. I tend to spend my attention on the friends that are actively participating rather than worrying about the people that aren't. If/when the MIA people come back, great!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I remove them after 1 month, unless they've posted a status saying that they'll be gone for a while for personal reasons.
  • celticgal101
    Options
    LOL! Boy! Your tough!
  • chio_04
    chio_04 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I dump them if they are unsupportive and go MIA for longer than a week!
  • BMARYLYNN
    BMARYLYNN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It really all depends...I don't make a habit of deleting people...it would probably be months if I did...& deletable friends I guess would be those who never responded to any of your accomplishments or ever offered encouragement or engaged in conversation.

I have been MIA but I've tried to stay faithful but I've had some medical things come up that kept me from dieting...& just plain out struggling with the weightloss & I'm thankful to come back to some very encouraging MFP friends. :happy:
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I generally dump them if their profile picture isn't of them taking a picture of themselves shirtless (or in sportsbra) in the bathroom with a camera phone. Because if they don't have said "shirtless bathroom" self-photo they obviously aren't trying hard enough!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    3 or 4 weeks
  • SadieToughLady
    Options
    2 months. I figure that if they come back, they will friend me again.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    About 21-30 days.

Unless, they were a friend I talked to a lot... then I just pester them with inbox/comments 'til they come back!! :D
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I generally dump them if their profile picture isn't of them taking a picture of themselves shirtless (or in sportsbra) in the bathroom with a camera phone. Because if they don't have said "shirtless bathroom" self-photo they obviously aren't trying hard enough!

haha.
  • KitaT92
    KitaT92 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    3 weeks is the max for me
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Is there an etiquette for dumping friends who aren't logging in??

I'm giving them 7 days then their out. Grrrr you've got to be in it to win it.lol

What about you?

I have two friends in real life who logged on here at the start of the month. One has since gone over to WW and is finding that works better for her. The other I haven't heard from in awhile, but she's my real life friend so I won't dump her. And the real life male friend of mine whom I introduced to this website texts me all day long about what he's doing, but he forgets to log in. So, I don't "dump" anyone.

I dumped Facebook because I got tired of the inane stuff on there and the bazillion idiotic status updates. I don't tire of the status updates that involve people getting healthier. They inspire me to keep going!