Why are there so many crabby pants on MFP?

Options

Replies

• BigH89
    BigH89 Posts: 44
    Options
    Because perfume is based on taste and opinion, whereas health and fitness has science and experienced attached to it.

It gets quite annoying when you see someone who clearly has no idea what they're talking about spouting some hearsay recycled garbage advice to a newbie.

Basically, if you're a moron, expect to get called one. It's a cold world out there.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    No one can die from wearing the wrong scented perfume. Maybe the whales. Do they still use ambergris in perfume?

people enabling bad habits and those with EDs are serious business.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    Pancakes.

Also, get off my lawn!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    is this another "people are so mean on here" threads?

I think so... just worded differently than normal....

Im offended

your being offended has offended me. Reported.

The people reporting the people who've already been reported have now been reported.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    lack of food = cranky people
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I get cranky when i'm hungry.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

Im offended

Im offended that you would report me for being offended... i have rights you know... im reporting you because you clearly have no morals meanie mc meanerson :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    ....additionally,

There's a forum for perfumes?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I don't have crabby pants. My pants are happy and covered in flowers.
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I like to go to another site it's just devoted to perfumes and it's fun and light hearted. Noone tells someone that they are wrong because they like this perfume over another. It's just oh great that works for you and your individual skin chemistry.

Why are the forums on MFP so hostile? It's just a weight gain/maitenance/loss tool that has the option of being able to share in a community of others who are interested in the same thing ie. fitness.

But some of these people you would think others have offended their religion when it comes to diet! Holy freakin' mother of whatever diety you worship! Some come on here spouting how this way of weight loss is mornonic others go into bashing whole food groups or saying that someone who is trying really putthing his/her heart and soul into this is doing it wrong. Simple questions that are innocent and someone is really looking for help are torn to shreds.

It's down right dirty and vitriolic the way some people are on this a fitness site! Jeesh, I think we all just need to breathe and put it into prescpective it's just food and excercise.

My two cents, but you know sometimes it's a mistake to come into the forums because they really arent that supportive. I guess it's someone's goal on here to make others feel like incompetent idiots.

Repeat all together...BREATHEEEE!

Completely and totally agree. I have participated in many forums and not one of them has such an overwhelming number of rude, snotty and downright mean people as this site does. On the other end of the scale though if you are tough enough to ignore those people there is a small percentage of people out there who really care and want to help and encourage you. If you are thin skinned stay with you regular friends and off the forums.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    lack of food = cranky people

Exactly. Probably no one is hungry on the perfume board! :wink: There are really nice people here too though.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Im offended

The people reporting the people who've already been reported have now been reported.

UmpOi.gif
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This site is a cross-section of the world....gonna get the good with the axxhxxxx. Also, I think a lot of people have lost themselves in life's problems and themselves and forget how to laugh and have fun....me, I vote for go crazy :-)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    its because we don't have any krabby patties

DeluxeKrabbyPatty_zps68a73fdd.jpg
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I get cranky when i'm hungry.

Also known as being "hangry"
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Points awarded for using the word "vitriolic".

Negative points for whining.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Points awarded for using the word "vitriolic".

Negative points for whining.

I hadn't noticed that word in the OP's post. Damn. I thought I was the only one cool enough to use that word. *kicks rocks*
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Because perfume is subjective, whereas "how to lose weight and get fit" is pretty much straightforward and objective.

ETA: Imagine people going on the perfume forum and posting about how swamp water and urine are the greatest perfumes... that is sort of what MFP is like a lot of the time.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    DANGIT! I already got this one on my Bingo card...
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Many times I think the things people say... after a while you read the same thing over, and over, and over again... it's tough repeating yourself 500 times, and you just want to tell people to shut the hell up, and stop being so moronic. I keep my mouth shut, because I'm aware that it is not encouraging, and not supportive, and this may be the first time anyone has ever encountered a certain delema, attempted to lose weight, or learned about nutrition and exercise. Some people have a hard time keeping their mouths shut when they get frustrated.