Why are there so many crabby pants on MFP?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I get cranky when i'm hungry.

Also known as being "hangry"

yNc33CD.gif

Where is that from? lol. Now I feel like some steak...mmmmmmm....
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    At least i do not use "LOLZ" like a 12 year old girl :bigsmile:
    Nor, apparently, do you have a knack for spotting satire.

Oh, and... LOLZ
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    There's a quote a friend of mine has in their forum signature elsewhere.

"Text has a disadvantage of not showing Tone, Humor and Sarcasm. Before you react, take a step back."

Wise words. :)

Could not have said it better myself! I get accused of coming across harsh on some occasions or abrasive, but look at me... not abrasive...well, maybe sometimes....haha. I start typing and erase, type, ahhh just send it. Then you get the ALL CAPS yelling response back at you. "What did I say?" Whoops! When you know the person didn't get your point. I really try to view my words from all angles. I could never be a writer.
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Everyone takes everything so seriously on here...really gets on my goat.. People need to chill..
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    m222355953.Gif

I get hungry when I see this hunka meat.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Seriously? 'Game of Thrones' man. Order HBO NOW. In fact. Build a time machine and go back and watch it so that we can talk about it a few months ago. It's that good.

lol, i don't have HBO or even cable...i'm sure I can download all the GoT episodes though. My one bud LOVES it, maybe i shall give it a watch.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    Options
    ...really gets on my goat..
    Heh...
  • andreak400
    andreak400 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure what the what was happening. People get angry when they are hungry. The day before Thanksgiving everyone is angry and desolate and going crazy trying to plan who sits next to Uncle Skunk and Auntie Alcoholic.
    The day after Thanksgiving, it's like unicorns pooped out rainbows and lollipops to the whole of society.
    Then I saw Dany eating a heart in the most epic episode of Game of Thrones and thought, "Good Lord, I have arrived!"

Thanks for that. :)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    What are we, school children??? It's "pubic lice" not crabby pants and they are a REAL PROBLEM that millions of Americans suffer with daily.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Seriously? 'Game of Thrones' man. Order HBO NOW. In fact. Build a time machine and go back and watch it so that we can talk about it a few months ago. It's that good.

lol, i don't have HBO or even cable...i'm sure I can download all the GoT episodes though. My one bud LOVES it, maybe i shall give it a watch.

I don't have cable either...I must acquire Netflix...I thought that gif was from The Walking Dead :embarassed:
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Nevermind the crabby pants, why are there so many people on MFP who don't watch Game of Thrones? Clearly, this is the bigger issue, and one that hasn't been beaten to death -- yet.
  • april_mesk
    Options
    lack of food = cranky people

Obviously, lack of food in your case....Damn! Great job...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I like to go to another site it's just devoted to perfumes and it's fun and light hearted. Noone tells someone that they are wrong because they like this perfume over another. It's just oh great that works for you and your individual skin chemistry.

Why are the forums on MFP so hostile?

To me, much of it seems to be because there are things that are subjective and things that are objective.

You can and should have opinions on things that are subjective. "That smells nice", "I like the taste of chocolate", etc.

You don't really get to have opinions about things that are objective. These are either correct or incorrect (or unknown or untested - in which case you get to have theories).

I think lots of frustration seems to happen (and not just here) when people try to have opinions about objective things instead of subjective things.

I still think of weight loss as sObjective its a mix of objective and subjective what works for one will not work for another. Too many factors at play.

I think the best way to determine who is "right" and who is "wrong" is in 40-60years from now we will all meet back and see who is the healthiest, who is still alive, who is not in a nursing home, who can change their own pants when they make poopy, who can feed themselves, who is still independent, and who looks like sophia loren or sean connery. And that person will be declared the MFP wiener!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Nevermind the crabby pants, why are there so many people on MFP who don't watch Game of Thrones? Clearly, this is the bigger issue, and one that hasn't been beaten to death -- yet.

Lack of cable...it is a harsh reality many of us face day in & day out :cry:
  • april_mesk
    Options
    ...really gets on my goat..
    Heh...

so what is the best way to get on a goat??? sorry....
  • melnia89
    melnia89 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Repost!!!!

I have been here almost 2 years and I pretty much seen it all. This is how I see the life cycle of MFP (this tread is not about you personally….those are generalities. No hate mail please)

Newbie!!! This is sooo exciting, they are ready to do whatever it take to lose the weight once and for all.

-They cut calories as far as they can.

-Plan to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks

-Go to the gym 2 hours a day and do cardio to burn calories,

-Do not eat their earned calories back (because what is the point then and think that all of us to tell them to eat, please just eat are out of their minds)

-Panic because a have a meal with family at a restaurant and oh my god how will they fit the calories in (hint…..exercising for hours)

-Post a tread about how nasty the old timers are.

-Burn out

Option A

-Quit

Option B

-Learn as much as possible about TDEE, BMR, The science of nutrition, Heavy strength training, learn about body fat%. Up their calories, care less about the scale; get healthy.

-turn around and try to help the newbie

-Get tired of fighting with the newbie and start answering in a way the newbies find rude.

-Get tired of being called rude but are in the best shape of their life, enjoy life, eat a lot and stop the hamster wheel of weight loss

Like.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I don't have cable either...I must acquire Netflix...I thought that gif was from The Walking Dead :embarassed:

0r2Tm9b.gif
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    Options

0r2Tm9b.gif
    My favorite part of the show.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options

Lack of cable...it is a harsh reality many of us face day in & day out :cry:

You need a supportive, motivational friend who can give you an HBO GO password.

In fact, I am going to suggest that Game of Thrones might be just what the doctor ordered for the crabby pants people!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    0r2Tm9b.gif

Is it bad that I have a crush on him?

Or bad in a good way?