Why are there so many crabby pants on MFP?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    9 times out of 10 those who are getting slammed are people who are being told their fad diets are dangerous and/or ineffective and then, as the replies giving them differing advice roll in, get upset and start defending their ill-advised diet plans. It's usually once the OP starts getting snippy that the snark from other members snaps into view. I've very rarely seen anyone straight up go for the throat when it comes to people asking for information. People are just allergic to being told they're wrong.

Yep. Also I don't think there's much you can do with perfume that would be dangerous or unhealthy (maybe to those around you with allergies). Plenty of the advice people give here isn't just wrong, it could be harmful.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I have not seen these crabby pants.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    I think the problem is that there are too many weenies on MFP.
    MFP should change its name to WHG
    Images-4-.jpg
    WHG.....Where people come to get butt-hurt.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    I like to go to another site it's just devoted to perfumes and it's fun and light hearted. Noone tells someone that they are wrong because they like this perfume over another. It's just oh great that works for you and your individual skin chemistry.

Wait... There is skin chemistry involved in how perfumes smell on you? How the heck do you know which works and which doesn't? I just assumed if I grabbed one I enjoyed, it would still smell the same when being worn.

Now Im going to obsess about my 3 favorite perfumes :(

OMG you have to get onto this site its opened up a whole other world on perfumes. Now I know why I love the perfumes I love. It's like some perfumes just sing on your skin!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    lack of food = cranky people
    LOLZ OMG SO RIGHT LOLZ I CALL THEM HANGRY CUZ ITS ANGRY AND HUNGRY IN ONE WORD HANGRY GET IT LOLZ
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I get cranky when i'm hungry.

Also known as being "hangry"

yNc33CD.gif
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Heh heh! Those jokes about people on this site being cranky because they are hungry (hangry! What a hoot!) just never get old. Heh heh. Heh heh heh. heh.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    LOLZ OMG SO RIGHT LOLZ I CALL THEM HANGRY CUZ ITS ANGRY AND HUNGRY IN ONE WORD HANGRY GET IT LOLZ

Reported for your distruction of the english language
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Repost!!!!

I have been here almost 2 years and I pretty much seen it all. This is how I see the life cycle of MFP (this tread is not about you personally….those are generalities. No hate mail please)

Newbie!!! This is sooo exciting, they are ready to do whatever it take to lose the weight once and for all.

-They cut calories as far as they can.

-Plan to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks

-Go to the gym 2 hours a day and do cardio to burn calories,

-Do not eat their earned calories back (because what is the point then and think that all of us to tell them to eat, please just eat are out of their minds)

-Panic because a have a meal with family at a restaurant and oh my god how will they fit the calories in (hint…..exercising for hours)

-Post a tread about how nasty the old timers are.

-Burn out

Option A

-Quit

Option B

-Learn as much as possible about TDEE, BMR, The science of nutrition, Heavy strength training, learn about body fat%. Up their calories, care less about the scale; get healthy.

-turn around and try to help the newbie

-Get tired of fighting with the newbie and start answering in a way the newbies find rude.

-Get tired of being called rude but are in the best shape of their life, enjoy life, eat a lot and stop the hamster wheel of weight loss
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member

All caps...REPORTED.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Points awarded for using the word "vitriolic".

Negative points for whining.

Thanks I had to look up the spelling on google though I wanted to put a U on it. And I dont think I'm being a whiner just was asking whats up with all the big mean bullies?

I think the hunger explanation may be the best. It's kind of like "The Hunger Games!" I get it now... Ok go back to you regularly scheduled program. I need to go find out if Tom Ford's Black Orchid is going to smell like heaven on my skin.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member

yNc33CD.gif

That makes me want steak.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member

yNc33CD.gif

whAt iS tHaT fRum??
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I have not seen these crabby pants.

crab-pants1.jpg
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    33741136.jpg
  • BondBomb
    Repost!!!!

I have been here almost 2 years and I pretty much seen it all. This is how I see the life cycle of MFP (this tread is not about you personally….those are generalities. No hate mail please)

Newbie!!! This is sooo exciting, they are ready to do whatever it take to lose the weight once and for all.

-They cut calories as far as they can.

-Plan to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks

-Go to the gym 2 hours a day and do cardio to burn calories,

-Do not eat their earned calories back (because what is the point then and think that all of us to tell them to eat, please just eat are out of their minds)

-Panic because a have a meal with family at a restaurant and oh my god how will they fit the calories in (hint…..exercising for hours)

-Post a tread about how nasty the old timers are.

-Burn out

Option A

-Quit

Option B

-Learn as much as possible about TDEE, BMR, The science of nutrition, Heavy strength training, learn about body fat%. Up their calories, care less about the scale; get healthy.

-turn around and try to help the newbie

-Get tired of fighting with the newbie and start answering in a way the newbies find rude.

-Get tired of being called rude but are in the best shape of their life, enjoy life, eat a lot and stop the hamster wheel of weight loss
    Gosh darn brilliant I tells ya!
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    33741136.jpg

At least i do not use "LOLZ" like a 12 year old girl :bigsmile:
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    I like to go to another site it's just devoted to perfumes and it's fun and light hearted. Noone tells someone that they are wrong because they like this perfume over another. It's just oh great that works for you and your individual skin chemistry.

Why are the forums on MFP so hostile?

To me, much of it seems to be because there are things that are subjective and things that are objective.

You can and should have opinions on things that are subjective. "That smells nice", "I like the taste of chocolate", etc.

You don't really get to have opinions about things that are objective. These are either correct or incorrect (or unknown or untested - in which case you get to have theories).

I think lots of frustration seems to happen (and not just here) when people try to have opinions about objective things instead of subjective things.
  • BondBomb

yNc33CD.gif

whAt iS tHaT fRum??
    Seriously? 'Game of Thrones' man. Order HBO NOW. In fact. Build a time machine and go back and watch it so that we can talk about it a few months ago. It's that good.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    33741136.jpg

m222355953.Gif