Come clean

Options

Replies

• etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Things I've learned from this thread :

1. There are a lot of people here with their heads so far up their own *kitten* that their barber is probably also their proctologist.
    2. There are almost as many people who wouldn't recognize sarcasm if it was branded on their foreheads.
    3. Nothing else.

C'mon guys. It was a light hearted post. Just poking fun of myself, and others, for those times when we feel a little proud of ourselves for our (probably only recently adopted) eating habits. Did it really have to devolve into mud-slinging and judgement?

Backpedaling ? I have more respect for people that don't. I guess I'm judging you, whatever.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I get 85% of my food from a small organic/local grocery. The only way they comment on my food is affirming the deliciousness of the many dairy products I purchase weekly, or the bacon. Mmmmm bacon.
  • alx263
    alx263 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    but somewhere in that grocery store is someone chuckling at the thought that with all that non-processed food, there is still beef with red dyes, cornfed,and hormones.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Things I've learned from this thread :

1. There are a lot of people here with their heads so far up their own *kitten* that their barber is probably also their proctologist.
    2. There are almost as many people who wouldn't recognize sarcasm if it was branded on their foreheads.
    3. Nothing else.

C'mon guys. It was a light hearted post. Just poking fun of myself, and others, for those times when we feel a little proud of ourselves for our (probably only recently adopted) eating habits. Did it really have to devolve into mud-slinging and judgement?

Backpedaling ? I have more respect for people that don't. I guess I'm judging you, whatever.

You're certainly making an incorrect assumption about what I'm doing. I fully admit that I like comments about my cart - that's the point of the thread. I've not since said anything to retract that point. That you couldn't see that the thread was intended as light hearted would be your failing, not mine.

I remember now why I quit Internet forums several years ago. I somehow thought that a site where everyone had a common goal might in some way be different. I was wrong.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I like to roll up with my high calorie, fatty foods and see the confused look of the person next to me with their kale and rice crackers.
  • devrinator
    devrinator Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't hope anyone comments... but I do feel proud of myself. I also have that lurking voice (I call her the fat girl)... she whispers to me that everyone else is probably looking at my *kitten* and thinking "why bother?" or thinking I have ho-hos stashed in my car console or something... LOL. BUT... I tell that fat ***** to shut up and stuff a carrot in her mouth!! HA

That's my exact thought! How horrible we do this to ourselves! lol
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I think one of the only ways someone can afford to be eating a lot of junk food daily, is if they are heavy weight lifting and trying to bulk... ideal excuse for it, really. Though I know people who lift heavy and keep their diet pretty junk free as well. Always wonder about that one. Can you really be healthy while eating a large quantity of sugar and white carb laden food, simply because of the exercise you do ?

To answer the op, I don't really tend to feel anything regarding my purchases or expect or wish for anyone else to notice what I buy. I have no interest in what others buy really, though I do feel somewhat strongly about parents who take their kids to eat at mcDonalds or KFC etc almost everyday.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I think one of the only ways someone can afford to be eating a lot of junk food daily, is if they are heavy weight lifting and trying to bulk... ideal excuse for it, really. Though I know people who lift heavy and keep their diet pretty junk free as well. Always wonder about that one. Can you really be healthy while eating a large quantity of sugar and white carb laden food, simply because of the exercise you do ?

To answer the op, I don't really tend to feel anything regarding my purchases or expect or wish for anyone else to notice what I buy. I have no interest in what others buy really, though I do feel somewhat strongly about parents who take their kids to eat at mcDonalds or KFC etc almost everyday.

While I'm no expert, my first thought would be after exercise it would be how much of a ratio daily was the "junk food" to "clean food." . Then, it would come down to genetics I wouldn't think the person buying the gallon of ice cream eats it all in one day, especially if they are fairly slim.
  • rlwinton
    rlwinton Posts: 101
    Options
    As a former cashier in a grocery store, I could care less what someone had in their cart....now people have commented on my cart because I cook lots of things so I have various ingredients....."what's this?" - kale - "what are you making tonight?" etc etc. I don't mind. I like questions about cooking and food. I love food. Yay food.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

While I'm no expert, my first thought would be after exercise it would be how much of a ratio daily was the "junk food" to "clean food." . Then, it would come down to genetics I wouldn't think the person buying the gallon of ice cream eats it all in one day, especially if they are fairly slim.

Not sure, I just know I see quite a few guys and some girls on here who lift heavy and from their posts, seem able to eat whatever they want, and they look pretty good in their profile pics, so I sort of wonder how they do it, lol.
    You would have to work extremely hard to counterract the effects of eating a lot of junk daily, so I am guessing they have it in moderation among the more vitamin dense material.
  • jcveng
    jcveng Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have run into my boyfriends ex twice carrying a box of frozen lasanga each time. I ran into her last week with my cart full of veggies and fish. That was cool :)
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Haha, I will admit to sometimes copping a bit of a superiority complex when I'm buying healthier items and the person next to me is buying overpriced junk food. People say it's cheaper to eat junk food - yeah, it's cheaper up front.
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    Actually I usually feel kinda awkward buying combos like eggs, flax seeds, veggies, veggie sausages, soymilk, and a huge pile of beef bones for my dog.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Actually I usually feel kinda awkward buying combos like eggs, flax seeds, veggies, veggie sausages, soymilk, and a huge pile of beef bones for my dog.

I was going to make some comment about chowing down on the bones yourself, then realized the double entendre and thought better of it :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Honestly may favorite is when I go to the grocery store right after the gym wearing a tank top and all I buy are fatty pork products, ice cream and beer. I'm like, what? I LIVE off this stuff!

Only in Florida.... put on a shirt!

Its even better when its a true wife beater and I'm in cut offs, flip flops and wearing my Skoal Chew cap . . .

yeah, I knew you'd say that. :tongue:
    It's getting cool out now, though. I'm going to have to wear real clothes. Hate that.

Florida is awesome. <3 Except tonight. Tonight it's cold.

When I was a cashier I never paid much attention to what people were buying. I was way more interested in when my next break was going to be. Sorry to bust everyone's bubble.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    Not the cashier- but I like to see the shame on the face of the person checking out behind me when they have a bunch sugary cereals, frozen pizzas and icecreams. Does this make me evil?

Enjoy your rabbit food. Meanwhile I'll enjoy my full calorie soda, ice cream, cheesecake, pizza etc and continue to get stronger and shredded.

^^^Dis. Plus most of the time the stuff I get is random stuff, and have done it for long enough where it doesn't bug me anymore. Meh.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I hate it when cashiers comment on my purchases, no matter what they are. I once was buying a pregnancy test and had a cashier say "good luck". Are you kidding me?!?! Just shut your mouth and ring me up!

I would appreciate the luck.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I always find it funny, when I've got all this organic and fresh produce etc, gluten free stuff, and then my husbands full strength soda, and frozen pizza. I always wonder if the cashier thinks I'm confused.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I don't really think about this when going through the till. But sometimes I do notice what other people get. Loved this one lady who was behind me and had a box of kitty litter, 2L of ice cream and a box of tampons. Best combo I have seen yet.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    LOL. I've never really hoped anyone would comment, but I've been told more than once that my basket would be great to use for produce code tests.