How do you know someone is the one?

Options
Please tell me. Because I'm so confused lately....

Replies

• sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Tell me when you figure it out, I could use the help lol.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You feel like your best version of yourself when you are with him. You have similar goals and lifestyles, and want similar things for the future. You have similar ways of handling money (if you don't, you're going to be fighting about it for your entire marriage!). He is supportive of your hopes and dreams, and you are supportive of his. You have known him long enough to have had time to observe his behavior in a variety of settings, and admire his character. His actions match his words (does he say he loves you but then screams and yells at you? If so, maybe think twice!). How does his father treat his mother? Remember, that is his role model for marriage!

Yeah, that heart-pumping attraction has to be there, too. But don't let it sway you from looking at the issues of compatibility! Just because someone makes your heart throb doesn't mean he would make a wise marriage choice.

Good luck!
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    With only 3 posts in over half a hour, the answer is, there is no answer.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    They don't wake you up on the way out
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    When you want them to sing *the song* to you...and they sing *the song* to you...
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    When you are attracted to them at first sight, then go through hell together.... Life's a *****...and sometimes she has puppies, ya know?
    But if you can still kiss and cuddle and fart in front of each other and laugh...
    Well, that's my experience, anyway...
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Join Match.com. Might find the answer there!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    When you dont have to ask yourself if the are the one
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    foreveralonelikeaboss_4bc85c_3564102_zps8e5563e5.jpg
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    When they treat you the way you want to be treated. When I met the one, I knew that I would, in every situation, do right by her. When what I wanted came second. If he treats you like that, he's probably the ONE!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    When you feel so strongly for them that you feel like there is nothing that you can do that is good enough to express it, a dilemma that almost causes you pain
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Two words... Bathroom shenanigans....
    If both of you can deal with the others dirty deeds, you're set for life.

Oh and when you swear at each other a lot, not in a hateful manner though.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    When you both share the same goal in life, the same things are important to you, and that person makes you want to be a better person.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Let me know when you find out.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    unlocks the driverside door for you while they are inside the car...duh. sheesh havent you watched "a bronx tale"?
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    spn_precious.gif
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    There is no perfect answer or fairytale ending. You'll know. Don't think it will always be rose petals and champagne.....

I married the woman of my dreams 15 years ago. Still love her just as much today. And she loves me.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about bouncing her skull off the fridge and dropping an elbow on her Randy Savage style....

I am pretty sure she fights the urge to stab through my face with a machete each day also.....

But we truly love each other.

True love.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    When they turn your world upside down, but in the best way possible. When you can't stand the thought of being without them. When you realize that you would do anything and everything in your power to keep them safe and content. When the phrase "I love you" doesn't even begin to express what you feel for them. When you realize that they were the reason you were put on the planet. When you want to be the best person you can be, just for them.

....When you realize that they really are your better half. That without them, you're incomplete.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    it helps if they look at you like this 17975349_922.jpg

even if you are functionally disabled.

at least, that's how i knew.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    When they turn your world upside down, but in the best way possible. When you can't stand the thought of being without them. When you realize that you would do anything and everything in your power to keep them safe and content. When the phrase "I love you" doesn't even begin to express what you feel for them. When you realize that they were the reason you were put on the planet. When you want to be the best person you can be, just for them.

....When you realize that they really are your better half. That without them, you're incomplete.

*Reading script of Jerry MacGuire*

Yep. Word for word.