• NinjaTheGinger
    NinjaTheGinger Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    They don't wake you up on the way out

LOL!
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    When he dutch ovens you until you cry, but don't go home.
  • Terrymichelle
    Terrymichelle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think you just know. It's that feeling you get when you are around them, or the fact that you can't stop thinking about them. The anxious butterflies you get when you get to see them. It's a special feeling, something no one has ever given you before. I know its so cliche to say "you just know", but you do. It's a once in a lifetime never wanted anything else as much as a life with them kind of feeling. It's magical.
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My ONE has got some flaws, as do i. You love them for who they are. You know everything about them and still can't live without them. You both want to make each other happier than they have ever been. He treats you the way you need to be treated. If there's the odd amount of meatballs, we both offer it each other a thousand times because we don't want to deprive the other. You just know that as long as your both together you can get through everything. There are lots of little things, the way he kisses my forehead, he always wants to cuddle, he carries the heavy bags, little things. You know when you see your future, and they're with you every step of the way.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    unlocks the driverside door for you while they are inside the car...duh. sheesh havent you watched "a bronx tale"?

Thought I was the only one left that knew this was the true test!!!!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    When they make you a better person, just by being with them. They love you no matter what - whether your 100 lbs or 300 lbs, whether you screw up and make stupid decisions or smart ones, they always have your back. If you can't imagine spending a single day without them.

If you can go through good times and bad... to hell and back and still stick together then you know. Poor, rich, happiness, death, etc. If you can go through it all and come out together and stronger than ever you are set.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in "the one". I think you need compatibility, attraction, and a host of other things, but to me the most important thing to a successful relationship is that you decide mutually that there will be nothing between the two of you but complete and total honesty. Hiding your feelings, avoiding talking out sensitive issues or telling "small" lies will generally lead to subtext in relationships. Subtext, where actions, feelings, and words don't match, and the two of you are playing head games with each other is the death knell to a mature healthy relationship. Source: married for ten years to a guy and we've had disagreements, made our way through infertility, health problems, financial problems, and all sorts of stresses, but we've never once had a fight. We talk about things like grown ups and we compromise and we find solutions.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    When they can bend the matrix to their will.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    unlocks the driverside door for you while they are inside the car...duh. sheesh havent you watched "a bronx tale"?

"Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where she lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to her. You bring her over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for her. Then you let her get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump her."

"Just like that?"

"Listen to me, kid. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in, that means she's a selfish broad and all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast."

Words to live by.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    When you can sniff each others farts and not be offended.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

"Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where she lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to her. You bring her over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for her. Then you let her get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump her."

"Just like that?"

"Listen to me, kid. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in, that means she's a selfish broad and all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast."

Words to live by.

That mighta worked in the 90's. but I generally unlock my own door by pushing the button on my key. .
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    He fell in love with me fat. And stayed by my side through my worst struggles, death, me being sued my panic attacks. I stood by him through open heart surgery, health, job loss. And we still married, because when all else is gone and you stand there with each other and there is literally nothing to give, physically and emotionally but love and you still love each other. That is the one.
    And don't do it yourself unless you can give the exact same thing back.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    That mighta worked in the 90's. but I generally unlock my own door by pushing the button on my key. .

I know right?

But key fob or no, I still always open the door for her.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If they had a disabling illness or injury and needed to have diapers or wound dressings changed, would you care for them with love and without resentment? Even if they no longer recognized you? Would they do the same for you if the roles were reversed?
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    When you dont have to ask yourself if the are the one

What gets me is when I see couples that have been together for years breaking up. Surely at some point they thought of each other as 'the one' and then they've ended up apart so what makes my situation different? Did those people always know they weren't right for each other?

Also, as someone who questions everything, I think it's perfectly healthy to ask yourself if someone is right for you. Maybe more people would have successful relationships if everyone thought more about this and decided they were sure before making a commitment.
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If they had a disabling illness or injury and needed to have diapers or wound dressings changed, would you care for them with love and without resentment? Even if they no longer recognized you? Would they do the same for you if the roles were reversed?

If you really loved someone, you wouldn't want them to spend the rest of their lives looking after you when you don't even remember them. I'd want my fiance to go on without me. x
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    When you can live without them, and still be awesome, but you'd just really rather damn not, cause you're always more awesome and can go a bit farther with them, than alone.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    I don't know how it is for everyone, but I knew my husband was "the one" the first time we were apart (temporarily - he went out of town to care for his sick mom), and I realized that he'd become so much a part of my life that the possibility of him NOT being a part of it just wasn't there anymore. He came back, feeling much the same way, and we were engaged within a month. 15 years later, and I still feel the same.