Do people not log fruit and vegetables?

Options
I view a lot of diaries that day after day list absolutely NO fruit or veggies. Do people just not bother to log them because they are considered healthy or do people really just not eat them?

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Some people don't really eat fruits or veggies. I log them but finding veggies in my diary would be hard. I know I should eat more of them but I really don't like them!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Why don't you ask the people who's diets you're judging?
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Because I don't want to be rude.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Some people don't really eat fruits or veggies. I log them but finding veggies in my diary would be hard. I know I should eat more of them but I really don't like them!

Yes, it's a struggle for me, too. The more I eat them, the more I develop a taste for them, but it's hard getting started. If I could I'd live off of fat and salt. :smile:
  • Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I guess some just don't eat them but you have to log them. They have calories and such. If people aren't logging them and eating them the are not accurately keeping track and may be messing up how they loose.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    i log mine
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I log everything..

People who don't log them probably aren't eating them...

They will learn..

Eat them, log them.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

So creating a topic in a public forum asking this question is the opposite of rude? Now, I get to comb through your friends list and wonder why none of them eat fruits or vegetables.

I guess it's better than just asking the person in a private message.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Most people believe in "If it fits your macros" and so they consider everything including or excluding fruits and veggies. So you might be seeing IIFYM followers.

I personally like fruits (not so much veggies, gotta force them) but I do log them. If I eat it, I log it. Simple
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    IIFYM followers.

^^^
    What's that mean?

EDIT.. Nevermind.. I figured it out.. LOL and I don't agree with that philosophy.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    IIFYM followers.

^^^
    What's that mean?

EDIT.. Nevermind.. I figured it out.. LOL and I don't agree with that philosophy.
    I have a feeling you don't really understand it then.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    IIFYM followers.

^^^
    What's that mean?

Good for you though your agreeing or disagreeing with that philosophy isn't in question. Just why she doesn't see many fruits and veggies
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    IIFYM followers.

^^^
    What's that mean?

Good for you though your agreeing or disagreeing with that philosophy isn't in question. Just why she doesn't see many fruits and veggies

i dont understand why she wouldnt see many fruits or veggies...maybe i am tired?
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options

To be honest if you can see their diary then they have chosen to let people see that they don't eat fruits or veggies. You asking them if they don't log them or don't eat them is a legitimate question. If they don't want people asking, they can lock their diaries. I don't think it would be rude at all in that sense.

More than likely they don't eat them though imo. There could be that person that doesn't for a specific reason but you will never know if you don't ask THEM.
  • dpalmer392
    Options
    I log my fruits and veggies... not to hard really most veggies are in the master list or some even come with bar codes to scan. I personally like Kale and baby spinach, both of which have a bar code to scan on the bag. I can understand people that don't like veggies, my brother-in-law will actually vomit if he eats greens.
  • angelious
    angelious Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I log mine every time I eat them ( every other day or so dependant) especially as fruit is so high in sugars which is a big problem area for me.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I log everything, also. Even if its a little 14 calorie candy...maybe a little obsessive, but im addicted to MFP.
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I log them, but often vegetables are included in a recipe that I have cooked, so then it just states the name of the food. Or I buy a salad kit and just put the name of that instead of listing all the ingredients separately.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    . If I eat it, I log it. Simple

This^^
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I know many people who follow weight watchers and they don't count fruits and veggies. For me, all food has calories and need to be counted. Weight loss only occurs when calories expended are greater than calories consumed.