Do people not log fruit and vegetables?

Options

Replies

• BrittanyAnnL
    Options
    WOW, why are there so many rude people on here? Not referring to you asking a simple question... I'm referring to the responses.

I eat tons of fruits and veggies and log them. So I am going to assume that they don't. That's one thing someone would be proud to log. Its the junk food they secretly eat that they don't want to put on here. LOL. I log everything, even my weak moments.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I log everything...good and bad, lol. I also keep track of sugar, so logging the fruit is important to me. When I close out my diary in the evening, and if I eat(or drink) something more, I go back in and log it. I can be a bit obsessive, I guess, lol.

Marie
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Absolutely. If you think IIFYM is synonomous with "shoving **** in your face" you really need to educate yourself. I don't do it for my own reasoning, but not because it's not a reasonable balanced diet for that works for people. All IIFYM does is narrow your caloric intake window from 24 hours to a formulated time frame shorter depending what philosophy you follow and what you find works for you. Really, read something before you tout out just really wrong information based on your perception and not fact.

I believe you are confusing IIFYM (if it fits your macros) with IF (intermittent fasting). IF is the one where you reduce your time frame for eating.

Yes, I do stand corrected. Most of the people I am pals with do both. That being clarified, they also tend to find that spending all day long shoving **** in their face does not in fact help them hit all their macros.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Its the junk food they secretly eat that they don't want to put on here. LOL. I log everything, even my weak moments.

Not freaking out on you. Just saying that I log every piece of junk food that I eat. And I rarely feel embarrassed about it. Lots of here who feel the same way.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    LOG everything. I log the 20 calories of coffee mate I eat. I've lost 15 pounds and kept it off for a year. And to those of you who aren't eating fruits and vegetables, the reason why you don't crave them is because you don't eat them. If you "crave" fat and salt, then that is what you're obviously eating all day long. THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS. Period. I recommend Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet. Just get the original book used on Amazon for 10 bucks. It's a beautiful colorful book with guides and recipes. Get the 2007 version; you don't need all the updates.

People -- STOP pretending there are shortcuts. Calories in, calories out. Sleep 7-8 hours. Exercise regularly. Eat RAW. Eat LEAN protein. I am gluten free and dairy free by necessity and I CRAVE fruits and veggies all.day.long. There are no easy fixes.

Why do I need to eat raw?
  • Skittles66011
    Options
    I eat veggies, and log them. Fruits too. Frozen peas are a favorite--they've found a way to freeze them now that keeps them so tasty. I'll drop 1/3 or 1/2 a cup into a weight-watcher's frozen entree, nuke 'em together, and voila! Easy lunch. Or, you can pour a little boiling water over them to thaw, and add them to soup. My kids have developed a love for Ramen noodles, which are basically salt and water, so I always add the peas and sometimes frozen corn to them, too. My younger one complains, but he always eats the veggies first to get rid of them, and then eats the noodles.

Broccoli is another favorite--a super lunch is a small baked potato with a cup or more of steamed broccoli and cherry- or grape- tomatoes (I also like them steamed,) green onions and 1/8 to 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. It's delicious, filling, and comfort food! because it has carbs and a little fat from the cheese, it satisfies immediately and keeps you satisfied till dinner.

Another great recipe for getting veggies is 1/2 cup cottage cheese (lo-fat) with 1/2 cup chopped radishes (about 3 large radishes) and 1/4 cup of chopped green onions. Mix together, eat with a piece of toast. The veggies add a nice spice to the cottage cheese. Some people also add chopped tomatoes, but I don't prefer that. Only 182 to 200 calories, depending on the bread you use, and very satisfying.

LOVE carbs, love veggies, lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Absolutely. If you think IIFYM is synonymous with "shoving **** in your face" you really need to educate yourself.

Nope.. don't think that either.. didn't say that. However.. if you want to eat ice cream or other garbage.. and you're only reason for "allowing" yourself to eat it is "it fits my macros", then I don't think that's a good philosophy to have. It's nothing more than an excuse to indulge yourself. If you want ice cream or candy or cookies or whatever, then by all means have it. but own your choice. Don't make an excuse for it. "well if I had already reached my calorie/protein/carb limit I wouldn't have had it" IMO if that's your reasoning you shouldn't have had it anyway.

Honestly.. I could have any stuff I want at the end of the day because it fits my macros, very often I have "room". But why? Unless I'm really craving it (in which case i'd probably have it anyway even if it didn't fit my macros), i'm not gonna have it.

I think it comes from having an entirely different mindset and goals. Losing weight is a benefit for me, not a goal.

I'm not putting anyone down for doing it, just stating my opinion. Sorry if it offends. My opinions often do.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Absolutely. If you think IIFYM is synonymous with "shoving **** in your face" you really need to educate yourself.

Nope.. don't think that either.. didn't say that. However.. if you want to eat ice cream or other garbage.. and you're only reason for "allowing" yourself to eat it is "it fits my macros", then I don't think that's a good philosophy to have. It's nothing more than an excuse to indulge yourself. If you want ice cream or candy or cookies or whatever, then by all means have it. but own your choice. Don't make an excuse for it. "well if I had already reached my calorie/protein/carb limit I wouldn't have had it" IMO if that's your reasoning you shouldn't have had it anyway.

Honestly.. I could have any stuff I want at the end of the day because it fits my macros, very often I have "room". But why? Unless I'm really craving it (in which case i'd probably have it anyway even if it didn't fit my macros), i'm not gonna have it.

I think it comes from having an entirely different mindset and goals. Losing weight is a benefit for me, not a goal.

I'm not putting anyone down for doing it, just stating my opinion. Sorry if it offends. My opinions often do.

What is garbage about ice-cream?

And why on earth should I not eat it? Mental health is very important too.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I don't get that, honestly. But, to each their own if it's working for them. I log everything except my tea.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I log them, but often vegetables are included in a recipe that I have cooked, so then it just states the name of the food. Or I buy a salad kit and just put the name of that instead of listing all the ingredients separately.

This is me too. I am weak in the area of veggies and I'm working on it, but I get more than you'd think by looking at my diary because all you see for dinner is my recipe name, not what's in it.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

I guess you missed where I said "if you want it, by all means have it" ..

Anyway. i'm done with this.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Its the junk food they secretly eat that they don't want to put on here. LOL. I log everything, even my weak moments.

Not freaking out on you. Just saying that I log every piece of junk food that I eat. And I rarely feel embarrassed about it. Lots of here who feel the same way.

I'm one of those people that feel the same way. Food used to make me feel bad about myself. I decided that was a rubbish way to spend my life. Now it's just food that I enjoy.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I guess you missed where I said "if you want it, by all means have it" ..

Anyway. i'm done with this.

No I did not miss it. You also said that ice-cream was garbage - and I asked you why. You have not answered that question I notice.
  • brower47
    Options

If I were a dude or played for the other team, I would have such an internet crush on you right now. :flowerforyou:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I create recipes and then just log recipe so you don't get to see what's inside.... So it might say "tacos" but for me, the way I make tacos, that is THREE servings of veggies in my taco portion, and those veggies are calculated into my nutrition... "breakfast smoothie" might have three cups of spinach, a scoop of protein powder and a cup of berries.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

If I were a dude or played for the other team, I would have such an internet crush on you right now. :flowerforyou:

MINE! :angry:
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I log mine and thats mostly what I eat...fruits and veggies.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

:blushing: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • brower47
    Options

MINE! :angry:

Can't we share? :ohwell: