Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i find this ODD, log it all, mine are all fruit and veggies
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I eat tons of veggies and the occasional piece of fruit.

I love bananas.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    No need to log fruit and veg:
    50032245831846539_5I7pBpOK_c.jpg

0a0630752ccbe045d9fa7e2443f1ae04.jpeg
  • sammichPG
    Options
    I view a lot of diaries that day after day list absolutely NO fruit or veggies. Do people just not bother to log them because they are considered healthy or do people really just not eat them?

I do, calories in vs calories out+every calorie counts.

Some people don't eat fruit and vegetables period then wonder why they are hungry.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I log them in EVERYDAY.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Because I don't want to be rude.

So creating a topic in a public forum asking this question is the opposite of rude? Now, I get to comb through your friends list and wonder why none of them eat fruits or vegetables.

I guess it's better than just asking the person in a private message.

My thoughts exactly...I'm not sure how I'd feel if I was on your friends list and read this....you could have posted asking them all (generally so you wouldn't feel like you were being rude :grumble: ) as a status
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I log them when I eat them! I love fruits and veggies!
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You probably aren't likely to find fruits and veggies on my diary. I don't really eat fruit - I don't really LIKE fruit. But most of my veggies tend to be "hidden" within recipes.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    If you eat it, log it. I track my vitamins and potassium---so I WANT to track all my fruits and veggies I eat so I can see where I'm at--good or bad. Plus a calorie is a calorie. Log it.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I log fruit, but I don't log veggies.

Really, I hardly eat veggies, so the very few calories missed are well within my margin for error anyway.

But wait! Potatoes are a vegetable, and do log that. And corn. I log that. But lettuce? Carrots? Other vegetables who's name I don't recall because do not want? Nope.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I eat them, I log them, and I've suggested to friend who don't that they might want to add them to their diets. I thought that's why friends are for.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I log mine all the time.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    IIFYM followers.

^^^
    What's that mean?

EDIT.. Nevermind.. I figured it out.. LOL and I don't agree with that philosophy.

Good for you though your agreeing or disagreeing with that philosophy isn't in question. Just why she doesn't see many fruits and veggies

I follow IIFYM and have lots of fruits and veggies. Most of the peeps following IIFYM that I know have lots of veggies (some don't I admit).

Wow.. I didn't say people who follow it don't eat fruit and veggies.. I just don't agree that it's ok to eat junk just because you have leftover calories. I don't care if you agree with me or not. Junk is junk. . If I want junk, then I'll eat it. But i'm not going to excuse my junk eating by saying it fits my macros. Gosh I had a bit of summer sausage yesterday.. terrible for me whether it fits my macros or not. (and it did, not that I checked before hand) My excuse? none. I dreamed about that crap the night before and had to have it. My son ate the rest, so no more for me. Good riddance. It's not healthy. period. I also had IHOP over the wekeend.. it didn't fit my macros.. actually it put me way over and I felt like crap for a day. My excuse? None. I made a bad choice.

That's my problem with it. i can eat super unheallthy and fit it into my macros if I wanted to. It's thier perogative if they want to. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it or even pretend to. IMO it gives people an excuse. You don't have to agree with me., just as I don't have to agree with you. of course.. i'm not here looking for friends nor is my goal weight loss. So i guess I have a different view point then others.. not really unusally in my world.

I was not responding to you. However, as you are responding to me, I would like to point out that you obviously do not understand what IIFYM means.

Absolutely. If you think IIFYM is synonomous with "shoving **** in your face" you really need to educate yourself. I don't do it for my own reasoning, but not because it's not a reasonable balanced diet for that works for people. All IIFYM does is narrow your caloric intake window from 24 hours to a formulated time frame shorter depending what philosophy you follow and what you find works for you. Really, read something before you tout out just really wrong information based on your perception and not fact.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    If it gets in my belly, it gets in my diary. Some people aren't as honest with themselves...or they believe they are zero calorie/negative calorie foods...or they just don't eat fruits and veg.
  • karentr75
    karentr75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LOG everything. I log the 20 calories of coffee mate I eat. I've lost 15 pounds and kept it off for a year. And to those of you who aren't eating fruits and vegetables, the reason why you don't crave them is because you don't eat them. If you "crave" fat and salt, then that is what you're obviously eating all day long. THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS. Period. I recommend Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet. Just get the original book used on Amazon for 10 bucks. It's a beautiful colorful book with guides and recipes. Get the 2007 version; you don't need all the updates.

People -- STOP pretending there are shortcuts. Calories in, calories out. Sleep 7-8 hours. Exercise regularly. Eat RAW. Eat LEAN protein. I am gluten free and dairy free by necessity and I CRAVE fruits and veggies all.day.long. There are no easy fixes.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm kind of shocked by how many people are being mean to the poster for asking a simple question. Shhesh.

Anyways...

IMO, I think it's cause so many people are confused about fruits and veggies. Well, with fruit anyways. They think you can eat as many as you want, and therefore, don't need to log them.
    I'm ashamed to say, I thought the same thing when I started eating healthy. With fruit anyways. I'd eat a ton of fruit thinking it was alright. I learned quick when I worked my *kitten* off for two weeks and didn't lose any weight.
    Fruit is sugar. Period. The only difference is how your body digests it. But essentially, it's the same thing. Anything that spikes your insulin levels has the potential to store fat.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    If you eat it, and you don't log it..then you're not being honest. I log everything.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I think it's most likely you're just noticing diaries of people who don't eat that many fruits and vegetables. I hardly ever eat fruit. *shrug*
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I log almost everything, but if I have calories left over at night, and I want a salad, I probably won't log it.

But as for the question of whether or not people eat fruits and vegetables, like others have said, a lot of my recipes have veggies in them, so you may not see the specific veggies called out. My chicken tortilla soup, for example, is loaded with veggies.

And then there are people like my husband, who are diabetic and can't eat fruit. When he eats fruit his blood sugar goes nuts, so he avoids it like the plague, which is sad because he really loves fruit. It's weird how different foods affect him, so if someone were to look at his food list, they would think he was skipping some things, but there's a reason for it.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Absolutely. If you think IIFYM is synonomous with "shoving **** in your face" you really need to educate yourself. I don't do it for my own reasoning, but not because it's not a reasonable balanced diet for that works for people. All IIFYM does is narrow your caloric intake window from 24 hours to a formulated time frame shorter depending what philosophy you follow and what you find works for you. Really, read something before you tout out just really wrong information based on your perception and not fact.

I believe you are confusing IIFYM (if it fits your macros) with IF (intermittent fasting). IF is the one where you reduce your time frame for eating.