Do people not log fruit and vegetables?

Options

Replies

• lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Because I don't want to be rude.

So creating a topic in a public forum asking this question is the opposite of rude? Now, I get to comb through your friends list and wonder why none of them eat fruits or vegetables.

I guess it's better than just asking the person in a private message.
    I guess we have different ideas of what constitutes rude behavior.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    IIFYM followers.

^^^
    What's that mean?

EDIT.. Nevermind.. I figured it out.. LOL and I don't agree with that philosophy.

Good for you though your agreeing or disagreeing with that philosophy isn't in question. Just why she doesn't see many fruits and veggies

I follow IIFYM and have lots of fruits and veggies. Most of the peeps following IIFYM that I know have lots of veggies (some don't I admit).
  • lizlkbg
    Options
    Because I don't want to be rude.

To be honest if you can see their diary then they have chosen to let people see that they don't eat fruits or veggies. You asking them if they don't log them or don't eat them is a legitimate question. If they don't want people asking, they can lock their diaries. I don't think it would be rude at all in that sense.

More than likely they don't eat them though imo. There could be that person that doesn't for a specific reason but you will never know if you don't ask THEM.
    I guess I phrased my topic badly. What I meant is that I see a lot of diaries without fruit or veggies. I was wondering if there was a reason that people don't log them, such as they consider them "free" or something. So I wasn't wondering about a specific person, but whether it was some kind of logging/ dieting strategy. I have no intention of putting anyone in the position of answering a direct question that they may find awkward or ignoring it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    They either don't eat them or they don't log them
  • lizlkbg
    Options
    They either don't eat them or they don't log them

Okay, thanks.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I log everything..

People who don't log them probably aren't eating them...

They will learn..

Eat them, log them.

What will they learn exactly? You can't force a grown adult to eat vegetables or fruit if they choose not to. Who cares anyway? It's no ones else business what's in other peoples diaries.
  • lizlkbg
    Options
    I know many people who follow weight watchers and they don't count fruits and veggies. For me, all food has calories and need to be counted. Weight loss only occurs when calories expended are greater than calories consumed.
    Thanks, I was wondering if it was something like this.
  • jackiesaurus
    jackiesaurus Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i log fruit (mostly cos fruit is 100 calories + per piece) but almost never log veggies. a lot of the time i'll "quick add" 50 or 100 calories if im eating quite a bit, but i dont log an individual pickle or something. same with salads. i'm not going to log every veggie but round up on a quick add.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    IIFYM is a philosophy? If by philosophy you mean opinion or idea I guess that's an opinion which we are all untitled to. But don't we all try to meet our macros? Or eat a balanced diet? Or sometimes think about what we eat especially if we are here on mfp and logging what we eat? For me this is the "philosophy" that I try to live.
  • lizlkbg
    Options
    i log fruit (mostly cos fruit is 100 calories + per piece) but almost never log veggies. a lot of the time i'll "quick add" 50 or 100 calories if im eating quite a bit, but i dont log an individual pickle or something. same with salads. i'm not going to log every veggie but round up on a quick add.
    That makes sense. I could see getting to that point when healthy eating becomes more a part of normal life to me rather than a new endeavor. Right now I'm celebrating every carrot :)
  • tlgwilliams8
    Options
    I always log them when I eat them, but unfortunately, I just don't eat a lot of them.:cry:
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    the calories in veggies are so low I often wonder why I bother - but I like to keep a record so I know that I'm getting enough micro nutrients. I'm particularly interested in my potassium/sodium balance so I can manage my blood pressure.

I can see why people would eat veggies and not log them. Fruit on the other hand, not so much - plenty of tasty calories to watch there.
  • endlesoul
    endlesoul Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just a though there are people who are ketogenic diet and strive for 20 or less carbs a day.
  • cpc95118
    Options
    It is a little harder to log veggies than brand foods in the food tracking app. I do log everything I eat though just so I can keep track of my calories. Maybe once I've been at this longer, I'll get too lazy to log everything I've eaten. I have noticed that by tracking every single thing I eat, I eat a lot less junk and a lot more fruits and veggies. I've noticed that the calories for fruits and veggies are usually higher than I think so I really have to pay attention to the servings because they add up pretty quickly.
  • toni119922
    toni119922 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Before I logged on here, I tried keeping track at home, and although I love fruits and veggies, I would sometimes forget I had some and not count it. I am trying to log on here now to keep better track, but it's kind of annoying for me since I'm new to the logging to know which seedless watermelon corresponds closest to what I ate. Maybe others are in the same boat and figure f*** it. As for candies I just add a little over the number of calories I eat to be on the safe side.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I log everything, but sometimes the fruits, and vegetables will be hidden in a recipe.

I had chicken noodle soup last night with celery, and carrots, in it, but you wouldn't notice, because as a recipe, it only lists it as "chicken noodle soup".
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am one of the ones that has trouble getting them into my daily food. Some days there are none, and I wouldn't mind a helpful reminder to get them in as well as ways to do that. Right now I am eating bags of baby spinach, which is actually really good. Probably a new topic, but when people juice their veggies, how do we log that? They aren't really the whole vegetable anymore...
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    i don't log zero cal black coffee and green teas, rest i do, veg and fruits do have cals
  • hopefraser54
    Options
    I only started this a couple of days ago but for me to be accurate if I eat or drink it, I log it. Otherwise how will you truly know.
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It may just be a simple observation she's had. I don't see the harm in asking a wider range of people to see who logs what. Sheesh.