Anyone else only working out at home ONLY

Options

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I work out solely from home. I started with exercise videos. My favorite are Cathe Friedrich. Seriously, she is the best. Hands down, no comparison. I dont sell for her or anything but she is so much better than all the mainstream videos like Beachbody, etc. Also great videos and you can watch clips on collage video. Meanwhile my husband and I have added one peice of workout equipment at a time and now we have a pretty nice little gym with olympic bench, elliptical, kettlebells, squat rack, dumbbells.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home... or run outside.

552186_10151254608741210_1191329891_n.jpg
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just work out at home because we bought a Bowflex Treadclimber T20 last year and I try to use at least 5 days a week.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have done the Brazil Butt Lift and P90X, I have a few more beachbody dvd programs I got as gifts yet to try. But that said, I prefer to work out at home.
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    yeah mostly , otherwise outside running . looking forward to the summer when I can use the garden xxx
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home-- I have a young son, and dont really enjoy other people watching me workout... I have a treadmill (im a runner) and just bought some jillian michaels 6 weeks 6 pack dvd-- since my dr told me I need to build up my abs to support my back-- I was recently diagnosed with sciatica, and she thinks it will help.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I work out at home and walk through my neighborhood. I have no excuses if the DVD's are looking right at me. :glasses:
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I use anything I can get my hands on.
    Couch crunches, step-stool exercises.
    You could also invest in dumbbells, a yoga mat, and/or Pilates ball.
  • texnurse
    texnurse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I tried the whole gym membership thing, I could never hold myself accountable, always an excuse not to go to the gym. Since working out from home I have been successful. No excuse not to pop in a 30 minute dvd or go for a run in my neighborhood. From home: 30 DS, 6 week 6 pack, couch to 5K, increased hand weights from 2lbs to 5lbs. I have lost 39 lbs since last July. Might be taking me longer but it works for me :smile:
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I work out at home mainly - when it's nice out I walk outside. I use exercise DVD's or sometimes just jog in place or around the house, do leg kicks and low impact aerobic dance moves like twists, lounges, side kicks, jumping jacks, then I use 5 lb dumbells and do arm exercises, I do sit ups on an exercise ball, and recently started learning Yoga with a DVD and a book - good luck to you - I believe that as long as you get up and move - wherever you are - it's a good thing :)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I have blown entirely too much $$$ on memberships I didn't use.

One gym was out of the way and it was a good 20 minute round trip (In twenty minutes I can do a 30-day shred), and the other was right around the corner, but the atmosphere wasn't all that great, and I always felt out of place. Trying to get help was not happening, and you were lucky if there was anyone at the counter to take your money.

I find that I am more comfortable at home on my schedule...
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    Strictly at home or walking/biking around the neighborhood. There are a few factors as to why.

1. I cant afford it!!
    2. I dont have the time after work to go.
    3. I have to workout before work to get anything in. To take my daughter to my in-laws (sitter) then get to work and leaving work to go get her, I leave at 6am and get there to pick her up around 5:15pm (except fridays when i work halfdays, hence the longer days during week). That is a LONG day away from her and I dont want to spend another hour at the gym then another half hour to an hour to travel and clean up afterward...not to mention having to eat.

Working out at home, before the crack of dawn and before everyone gets up works well here. And, I LOVE my Turbo Fire I am doing now. Started out with Turbo Jam (Beachbody) and now working on Turbo Fire...on to Chalene Extreme after that! :-) Hoping to be able to put in a home gym sometime soon!!
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Trying to work out at home with "walking away the pounds"....so far still on the one mile walk but I have added in the weights now. I had a gym membership last year, but my hubby and I stopped going after 3 months...just doesn't work for us even if it was only 7 mins. away from home. I would like to get a piece of equipment like a treadmill, but we have no room in our rental house right now. Once we purchase a home in another year or so, I am definitely planning a workout space for myself.

I would love to walk around our neighborhood once the weather gets nicer, but there are no sidewalks and the street is dangerous with cars, so we have to go to the nearest park or recreation center and that is driving there.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    The Wii Just Dance games are awesome. You burn a lot of calories and it so fun, esp. if you have others to do it with. I used to do a gym but I like this better.
  • Cherise1
    Options
    I only work out at home. It seemed kind of pricey for our one income family, but we saved and bought P90X. It kicks my butt every day into shape!
  • Gin66
    Gin66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I work out at home too. I am very lucky to have an elliptical trainer. Motivation can sometimes be an issue so for me what works is I DVR my favorite shows and only allow myself to watch them while on my trainer, or after a weight session or after a walk/bike ride. Good luck
  • KarCrib
    KarCrib Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I invested in a good treadmill ( although I am not a fan and much prefer to run outside, today it is -42, so treadmill it is). I have a trainer for my bicycle ( 60$) and I have a pool membership (20$ for the year).

I have some dvds, but mostly I love getting outside. The world can be your gym :)
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I use the great outdoors as my gym and my home for toning/strength. I run, do intervals or just brisk walks with my dogs for my cardio. At home I do body resistance exercises (there are tons of variations to mix it up). None of this is costing any money (with the exection of good running shoes) and I have been making great progress.

Good Luck to you!!:drinker:
  • mammatana
    Options
    I'm following this -- just started trying to lose weight and plan on exercising at home. I have 5 kids, 2 home full-time...I cannot go to the gym! Lol.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Only home workouts for me, I would like to join a gym (only because there's one nearby with a nice hot tub and steam room that looks soooo relaxing) but my boss doesn't think it's time for a raise yet so...... lol!

I am working through the c2k running training program on my iPhone, I do a lot of hula hoop dancing in my back yard to the dismayed looks of my neighbors, and I have a set of adjustable dumbells that I work out with 2-3 times a week following a beginner's lifting program I found online. I also go walking with a friend at lunch, mostly for stress release reasons but it burns an extra 100 calories too. :D

I also get free subscriptions to Fitness and Self magazine due to the coke points from my Coke Zero addiction and there is always a fun workout in one of those to try to mix things up. YouTube has a lot of great workouts too and there are tons of fitness apps with fun stuff to try also.