Short 5 feet ladies... what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• MRL1107
    MRL1107 Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 173Lbs. my ultimate goal is to be between 115 & 120. My goal for Aug. & Sept. is to lose a total of 10lbs by October. I've been slightly unmotivated and pretty lazy about the gym lately so I'm not making much progress and I'm hoping that the laziness doesn't last. I need a swift kick in the rear to get in gear! Good luck ladies!
  • Diane9587
    Options
    Hi
    I'm just slightly over 5ft 1in and my goal is 125 lbs, I'm currently at 137 after losing 12lbs this year, I'm really struggling to get my weight down now as I tend to stay around the same weight no matter what.
    Three years ago I was 182lbs so I shouldn't really complain but I just want to be further inside the healthy weight rainge for my height.
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0", a wicked shortie over here. My goal weight is 110, which would smack me right in the middle of the BMI scale. :D I gained a bit over the summer, but we're bringing it back down! Yaaay!
  • katrien1
    katrien1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 110 lbs. Right now I'm at 123 down from 145 :)
  • awnye
    awnye Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm 5 foot nothing, and my goal is 110. I've been 115 in the past, so I know I can do it, its just sooo slow.

Lifetime of eating like a glutton is not easily reversed haha.
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and my goal weight is 100 lbs. I need to lose about 135 pounds, but I really want to have a BMI of 18.5 to 19 because it's considered the most attractive BMI.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    111. I've been as low as 109, and I love the way I look at that weight. Everything looks good on me. Unfortunately, after years of yo-yoing this is a hard (and probably long) journey for me.

Would love more five footer friends!
  • Deejae2013
    Options
    I'm 4' 11 my goal is getting in the teens...
  • sbbeana
    sbbeana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5"4 and currently 142. I am trying to get down to 130.
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I really want to have a BMI of 18.5 to 19 because it's considered the most attractive BMI.

:huh: By whom?

I'm 5' and going for 110. It's not carved in stone though, I'll see it when I get there. Maybe a little less, maybe a little more, depends on what I feel comfortable with and what looks good on me.
  • peanutbutterz
    peanutbutterz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 SW 174 CW 170 GW 115
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would like to be around 160 - 155. I am 52 years old and my doctor told me not to go to extremes in my weight loss. Since I haven't been that weight since my 20s, 160 would be good.
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" btw.
  • nihaotina
    Options
    4'10 my ULTIMATE goal is to be 105 pounds.
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    5"4 goal weight 135
  • hunnyb333
    hunnyb333 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and my goal weight is 125 but I think it will prob be more like 135 since I haven't seen 120s since I was 16.
  • arouse0930
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my goal weight is 130. I could be smaller according to weight and height charts, but it's so hard for me to maintain anything below 128. I'm also in my thirties and I've noticed that age combined with having had a kid is making it harder for me to lose and maintain a lower weight. :/
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I am 5`3". The BMI chart says healthy is 104-140(not sure the exact upper number but it is in 140s). Personally on my frame 140 would still be large. When I graduated from college, I was at about 106. At that time, I thought that was th eperfect weight for me. At my smallest this time around (post 40 years old) I was 112. I dont think I would want to be much below that now, although 110 might be okay. I am currently at 124, and that looks pretty good, and is fairly easy to maintain if I am sensible (about 1700-1800 cals per day total). I like my figure better at about 116. So I am currently just trying to reduce body fat. If that means droping 5 or 6 pounds, that is great too, but I am trying to not get to caught up in the numbers.

So I am seeing a great deal of variety in goals! I think a lot is personal preference, plus genetic build!
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2". I started at 140. My orginal goal was 120, what I weighed at 24 when I got married and what I got back down to again when I turned 30 after 3 babies. When I got down to 120 this time I realized I really wanted 5 more to get me where I was when I graduated high school. I know I can maintain 120, I don't know about 115 so we will see what happens.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I have a very slight frame. I've made it down to 120 from 140. I'd love to lose 5 more pounds just to have a buffer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!