I like this!!!! But why does "Prego" have to prove anything lol ?:smokin:
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're saying, but when somebody throws pictures out there, they should expect comments that run the gamut from good, bad, and indifferent.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    To bring dishonor or disgrace on.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Freakin' awesome!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I like this!!!! But why does "Prego" have to prove anything lol ?:smokin:

It was a joke that she started.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    ew, gross, and disgusting should not be used when describing a body type you may not prefer.

those words make me hissy.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

4. While you're admonishing others about "body shaming", calling them fat and couch potatoes doesn't make you much better.

I'm guilty of this one and make no apologies for it. I did it to try to teach people a simple lesson about manners. If you feel that just because it's the internet you have the right to absolutely trash the way someone looks, don't get upset if it's done back to you.

And I really was holding my tongue. I could have said A LOT worse.

Some people are striving for a type of body that you may not want for yourself. Naturally. Why someone would feel the need to go into someone else's success thread and announce that is beyond me. I equate it to a friend graduating from law school, showing up at the party and loudly announcing, "I think lawyers are dirtbags and I sure as hell would never want to be one!"

If you want to feel that way that's fine. But nobody asked you and nobody cares.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm actually quite annoyed with those threads for many reasons other than just the body-shaming.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a body-honorer than a body-shamer.

i'm more about honor body as well.

damn autocorrect, i mean "on her body"
  • mswize
    mswize Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well Said! Great post!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're saying, but when somebody throws pictures out there, they should expect comments that run the gamut from good, bad, and indifferent.

When someone is down 50 pounds and has another 50 to go, people are all kind of supportive. The problem is how rough the comments are on pics of people who really have achieved their goals and have reached envy-enducing figures. That of course is the problem IMO, envy.

And yes, all my usual snark aside, body shaming is against the rules.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    My name is Danny_Boy13 and I approve this message. :drinker:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    can we add 7: don't assume sluttery just b/c someone takes bikini or workout pics.

didn't happen in the two big ones yesterday, but i am seeing a LOT of that lately and it's really getting my ginger up.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of this one and make no apologies for it. I did it to try to teach people a simple lesson about manners. If you feel that just because it's the internet you have the right to absolutely trash the way someone looks, don't get upset if it's done back to you.

I don't agree with that approach, though. Calling someone fat because you don't like the comment they made about someone else's body makes you just as bad as them. They won't see it as you teaching them manners. Body shaming is body shaming. Doesn't matter who does it first.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Win...and I'm glad I missed the kerfuffle.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Win...and I'm glad I missed the kerfuffle.

I'm excited to see the word "kerfuffle."
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    this is beautiful...thanks for posting...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    can we add 7: don't assume sluttery just b/c someone takes bikini or workout pics.

didn't happen in the two big ones yesterday, but i am seeing a LOT of that lately and it's really getting my ginger up.

I agree with this too..... I am hoping for the day when I can post a pic in a swimsuit or shorts and a sports bra...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hahaha!! So true!

I don't get why people are so jealous of others all the time... It's just not worth the time or energy spent on it.

I don't think it is always jealously. I don't know why but a good number of people seem to take genuine offense at others not wanting the same things as them, whether it be a "look", exercise routine, diet or other.