8 foot wide hips?!?

Options

Replies

• LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Do you feel better about yourself now?!? What makes it okay for you to talk about her and how she looks?! Stop all this body shaming and hating...

This is a weightloss site not let's pick on people to make you feel better about yourself.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?

Actually, yes it is. Ever heard of insurance rates and why they are so high?

Are you under the impression that some jerk post on a site like this is going to solve that problem? I reached 361 pounds before deciding enough was enough. One thing that didn't help me make the decision were comments like the ones here. What is the motivation to lose weight when you'd already been degraded and reduced to just some fat person, ready and waiting to be verbally abused?

So, unless you find someway to turn this thread into a solution for our insurance woes, I don't see how this helps.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Good for her for loving her body :)

I agree.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    pointless thread is pointless.

so i'm giving it one:

tenwithkittens.gif

Ten has a kitten. this is now a kitten thread.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    at least she has hips....I wish to have some hips.... :sad:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I am missing the point of this thread.....is there one O.P.?

To make fun of the poor gal?

Yes, she's probably going to experience health issues later in life due to her morbid obesity. However, her choices don't matter much to me.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options

so i'm giving it one:

tenwithkittens.gif

Doctor + kitten intervention is much appreciated.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/mikel-ruffinelli-worlds-largest-hips_n_2526338.html

Why is this something to be proud of?

At 420 pounds, I find it really hard to believe that she "doesn't have health problems".

:noway:
    Judge not, lest you be judged.

I was totally thinking the same thing. After all the lecturing that has been going around about body-shaming, why would you even put your judgment of this woman out there?

Sure, she is unhealthy. No, you can't understand it. That doesn't mean she is wrong for living her life as she wants to live it.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options

so i'm giving it one:

tenwithkittens.gif

I can get behind this.

tumblr_mgby2nw0PL1s098ako1_250.gif
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Friggin disgusting and the slideshow at the bottom with the worlds biggest woman marrying a chef are THE WORST. He has her covered with plates of food!! WTF?!?!

Really?!?!? SMDH!
  • Idka81
    Idka81 Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that requiring a step ladder to hoist yourself into a car could qualify as a health problem. Am I wrong?
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/mikel-ruffinelli-worlds-largest-hips_n_2526338.html

Why is this something to be proud of?

At 420 pounds, I find it really hard to believe that she "doesn't have health problems".

Why are you proud of the things about your life and body OP? She's probaby just trying to have a positive attitude for the mean *kitten* people who make fun of her.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?

Are you under the impression that some jerk post on a site like this is going to solve that problem? I reached 361 pounds before deciding enough was enough. One thing that didn't help me make the decision were comments like the ones here. What is the motivation to lose weight when you'd already been degraded and reduced to just some fat person, ready and waiting to be verbally abused?

So, unless you find someway to turn this thread into a solution for our insurance woes, I don't see how this helps.

People who want to be big and purposely try to gain weight are stupid and need mental help. I saw something online where some woman was trying to get the record for the heaviest woman in the world. She deserves to be made fun of because that is ignorant.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Friggin disgusting and the slideshow at the bottom with the worlds biggest woman marrying a chef are THE WORST. He has her covered with plates of food!! WTF?!?!

Actually, if people wouldn't give them so much attention for their behavior, they probably wouldn't act that way.

(same for Honey Boo-boo and the myriad of other attention *kitten* pervading modern media!)
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    She has more confidence than most, more than even me. Yeah, it looks uncomfortable.. and though she seems happy I am sure it's a struggle for her. But it's a real shame that such a well spoken lady, with such a beautiful family, and a man thet loves her..has to be treated so terribly just because she is very overweight. No one is perfect.. but to know that, and still have your head up high..is a beautiful thing. I would feel just as bad if someone was being exploited for being the skinniest person, "ugliest" person.. whatever it is.. it makes me sad..Thanks for reminding me how nasty some people are.. smh.

And FYI.. no, I'm no angel.. I laughed at first.. but then I saw how beautiful she really was, and how loved she was.. and I was ashamed of myself.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    People who want to be big and purposely try to gain weight are stupid and need mental help. I saw something online where some woman was trying to get the record for the heaviest woman in the world. She deserves to be made fun of because that is ignorant.

She deserves to be made fun of for not knowing better or realizing what's she's doing?

No. Try again.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

So people that need mental help deserve to get made fun of?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

It's ignorant for you to presume that someone deserves to be made fun of. As you said, this likely stems from mental illness. The mentally ill deserve to be picked on? They are born chemically imbalanced!!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    First thing I thought when I saw her pic was how pretty she is. Her husband loves her and she is happy.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    funny-animated-gifs-surprise.gif&sa=X&ei=-hMAUe6lLMT9qQHypIHYBQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc4FA&usg=AFQjCNG7G_5hh6OioN6P98tbbOGzs3ggYw
This discussion has been closed.