8 foot wide hips?!?

Options

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?

Actually, yes it is. Ever heard of insurance rates and why they are so high?

Are you under the impression that some jerk post on a site like this is going to solve that problem? I reached 361 pounds before deciding enough was enough. One thing that didn't help me make the decision were comments like the ones here. What is the motivation to lose weight when you'd already been degraded and reduced to just some fat person, ready and waiting to be verbally abused?

So, unless you find someway to turn this thread into a solution for our insurance woes, I don't see how this helps.

People who want to be big and purposely try to gain weight are stupid and need mental help. I saw something online where some woman was trying to get the record for the heaviest woman in the world. She deserves to be made fun of because that is ignorant.

People in NO way shape or form deserve to be made fun of.... EVER!!!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Her mom said she could be anything when she grew up, so she became a fishing bobber.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It always amazes me how quick people are on this site to bash the extremely morbidly obese. With the exception of a small fraction of this community's population, the vast majority were well on their way to becoming like this before they came here.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    cat-owns-bratty-tot.gif
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/mikel-ruffinelli-worlds-largest-hips_n_2526338.html

Why is this something to be proud of?

At 420 pounds, I find it really hard to believe that she "doesn't have health problems".

:noway:
    Judge not, lest you be judged.

THIS!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    People who want to be big and purposely try to gain weight are stupid and need mental help. I saw something online where some woman was trying to get the record for the heaviest woman in the world. She deserves to be made fun of because that is ignorant.
    [/quote]

You totally hit the nail on the head!
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Friggin disgusting and the slideshow at the bottom with the worlds biggest woman marrying a chef are THE WORST. He has her covered with plates of food!! WTF?!?!

Actually, if people wouldn't give them so much attention for their behavior, they probably wouldn't act that way.

(same for Honey Boo-boo and the myriad of other attention *kitten* pervading modern media!)

#Agree
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    She isn't proud of it. She is in denial and has a first class enabler feeding her and taking care of her. Of course she has health problems, she just refuses to see them. Pray for her to wake up and see reality.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    She has more confidence than most, more than even me. Yeah, it looks uncomfortable.. and though she seems happy I am sure it's a struggle for her. But it's a real shame that such a well spoken lady, with such a beautiful family, and a man thet loves her..has to be treated so terribly just because she is very overweight. No one is perfect.. but to know that, and still have your head up high..is a beautiful thing. I would feel just as bad if someone was being exploited for being the skinniest person, "ugliest" person.. whatever it is.. it makes me sad..Thanks for reminding me how nasty some people are.. smh.

And FYI.. no, I'm no angel.. I laughed at first.. but then I saw how beautiful she really was, and how loved she was.. and I was ashamed of myself.

^^^This.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mg9hbrlLRG1rvgylco1_400.gif
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

She deserves to be made fun of for not knowing better or realizing what's she's doing?

No. Try again.

If you think she doesn't know any better than to try to be fat on purpose then I feel sorry for you.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    How many threads have you seen about people asking "What is the worst thing someone has said to you about your weight?" How many of us have had hurtful things bandied about?

To start a thread, agog at someone's temerity at not hiding in a hole, riddled with shame at their appearance, is the height of hypocrisy.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?

Actually, yes it is. Ever heard of insurance rates and why they are so high?

Are you under the impression that some jerk post on a site like this is going to solve that problem? I reached 361 pounds before deciding enough was enough. One thing that didn't help me make the decision were comments like the ones here. What is the motivation to lose weight when you'd already been degraded and reduced to just some fat person, ready and waiting to be verbally abused?

So, unless you find someway to turn this thread into a solution for our insurance woes, I don't see how this helps.

So people that need mental help deserve to get made fun of?

yes
  • wonderbolt
    Options
    If the same video had been posted with the women saying "I've lost 20lbs!" and holding up her old "fat" jeans, you would all be applauding her...
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    If the same video had been posted with the women saying "I've lost 20lbs!" and holding up her old "fat" jeans, you would all be applauding her...

Yup, This is 100% true.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    workoutcat.jpg
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    Don't think it's your place to judge her at all. She's happy with herself so leave it alone.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

She deserves to be made fun of for not knowing better or realizing what's she's doing?

No. Try again.

If you think she doesn't know any better than to try to be fat on purpose then I feel sorry for you.

Please don't feel sorry for me..that's insulting.

You seem to think everyone on the planet thinks like you. Take a look around...CLEARLY many people are uninformed....or "ignorant". That does NOT justify being an ahole to them. That just makes you look stupid.
  • missability
    Options
    People in NO way shape or form deserve to be made fun of.... EVER!!!

I agree completely ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^what exactly was the point of this post?
    I came to MFP for support, encouragement, and inspiration, I can get this kind of crap just by walking down the street...jeeeeze!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    She isn't proud of it. She is in denial and has a first class enabler feeding her and taking care of her. Of course she has health problems, she just refuses to see them. Pray for her to wake up and see reality.

I love it when someone asks for prayers on others' behalf while making cruel, uneducated judgements about them.
This discussion has been closed.