8 foot wide hips?!?

Options

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If the same video had been posted with the women saying "I've lost 20lbs!" and holding up her old "fat" jeans, you would all be applauding her...

but she isn't, she likes being that big (or at least pretends to for media attention), which is stupid.
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people saying that the OP is bashing this woman. How is pointing out that she's unhealthy (I doubt there's little to any proof to show otherwise) displayed as an attack?

The woman in the video obviously knows the world is going to see what she looks like if she agreed to be part of that article. Is she happy with herself? Yes? Great, wonderful. Does that mean she's a paragon of health? Not at all.

I think some people are a bit sensitive of their own weight, or recently lost weight, and take things like this too personally.
  • Idka81
    Idka81 Posts: 42
    Options
    So let me get the logic of the arguments in this thread sorted out: So, it is absolutely not okay to share opinions and comments on someone's weight because that's bullying. But it's okay to bully someone for having a different opinion?

As far as I can see it, it's exactly what is happening here.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    People in NO way shape or form deserve to be made fun of.... EVER!!!
    you must be a democrat

I agree with the first statement, and I'm not a dem. Not sure what your point was.

Also, I'm just wondering: Is your profile pic of white people with mullets really your family or are you making fun of them, too?
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You found a morbidly obese person. Hope picking on her makes you feel better about yourself.

^this
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    and have an IQ of 130+

Oh that made me laugh! Thanks!

me too!!!

LOL
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?

Actually, yes it is. Ever heard of insurance rates and why they are so high?

Are you under the impression that some jerk post on a site like this is going to solve that problem? I reached 361 pounds before deciding enough was enough. One thing that didn't help me make the decision were comments like the ones here. What is the motivation to lose weight when you'd already been degraded and reduced to just some fat person, ready and waiting to be verbally abused?

So, unless you find someway to turn this thread into a solution for our insurance woes, I don't see how this helps.

People who want to be big and purposely try to gain weight are stupid and need mental help. I saw something online where some woman was trying to get the record for the heaviest woman in the world. She deserves to be made fun of because that is ignorant.
    Just so you know, "stupid" and "needs mental help" are not the same thing. Implying so is quite ignorant. Do i have the right to make fun of you now?

You can try, but I'm not 420 pounds and trying to gain more weight and have an IQ of 130+ so I am not sure how far you will get with that.

You might have a high IQ, but you EQ is sickeningly low. I suspect you suffer from mental illness yourself.
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    You can try, but I'm not 420 pounds and trying to gain more weight and have an IQ of 130+ so I am not sure how far you will get with that.

Oh, so you were that NERD I made fun of in high school! Don't you feel all special now making fun of someone who can't defend themselves or their actions in person! Does that make you feel strong and tough big boy??
  • ImmaZombie
    Options
    I think it's really rude to post something like this and those of you to make fun of this woman - really. Ugh. Just read her article and move on. Why make a public spectacle of her? Make yourself feel better to laugh? There are lots of us that were or are pretty close to that weight and you are making fun of those people on here who are aspiring to lose weight. Maybe in her culture she thinks it's beautiful. Maybe it's a fetish thing. But to go poking fun at someone for their choices is not cool. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mcgv5p7HTc1r1mtsdo1_250.gif
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?

Oh shut up. Smokers, alcoholics, idiot drivers... there are many reasons insurance rates are so high.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    she should seek professional mental help

Lots of enablers in this thread

Wrong again.

Yes she should seek help.

No she should not automatically be flamed and shamed because of it.

If she was my mom, you bet your butt I'd be encouraging her to make a better choice...I wouldn't bring crap food in the house....get her out and exercising... but as most know, you can't change someone. They have to want it.

That does NOT give anyone the right to *kitten* on them. That is the character of a crappy human being.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Unless you are pregnant or a duck.... you should NOT waddle!

Uhm. I'm just going to stare at you blankly until you realize how ignorant you sound. Clearly you were not thinking of physical handicaps that affect the legs when you made that statement, thinking you'd be cute AND an *kitten* about her weight. Instead, you just look like an *kitten*.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    jackintheboxkitty_zps51ff029c.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    she should seek professional mental help

Lots of enablers in this thread

Expecting people to have the common decency to respect another human being has nothing to do with enabling. Like you said, she needs professional mental help, not a group of *kitten* on the internet justifying their hateful behavior from atop a soap box.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I :heart: KITTENS!!!!

Love the gifs, sissiluv!!! :love:
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    and have an IQ of 130+

Oh that made me laugh! Thanks!

me too!!!

LOL

I created Post-its. Bow to me.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Really? Oy vey.

vQ0pXU3.gif
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

Are you under the impression that some jerk post on a site like this is going to solve that problem? I reached 361 pounds before deciding enough was enough. One thing that didn't help me make the decision were comments like the ones here. What is the motivation to lose weight when you'd already been degraded and reduced to just some fat person, ready and waiting to be verbally abused?

So, unless you find someway to turn this thread into a solution for our insurance woes, I don't see how this helps.

People who want to be big and purposely try to gain weight are stupid and need mental help. I saw something online where some woman was trying to get the record for the heaviest woman in the world. She deserves to be made fun of because that is ignorant.
    Just so you know, "stupid" and "needs mental help" are not the same thing. Implying so is quite ignorant. Do i have the right to make fun of you now?

It's okay, i would still have your charming personality to pick on.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump for the cat gifs ... much prefer them to argumentative, miserable, hangry people who think they know it all and therefore have the right to judge!
This discussion has been closed.