Replies

• sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    image001357833693170ul6sxh.gif
  • jojo1410
    jojo1410 Posts: 151
    Options
    Diminishing someone elses flame doesn't make your own any brighter!
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    i am sure many people would disagree but i always feel happy when people who are fat are comfortable with their bodies. it may not be what i want for myself but i don't like fat shaming. i have been fat and it doesn't feel good.

and she may or may not be healthy but isn't being healthy, just like being thin, our own decision to make? if someone wants to be healthy or unhealthy, fat or thin, that's up to them as an adult to choose. no reason to spew hate at them.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Oh, and OP? Circumference is not the same as width. If you think she's stupid, perhaps YOU should read a geometry book at some point.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I have started actively scrolling for the cat gifs.

-goes off to find a few of my own-
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    pointless thread is pointless.

so i'm giving it one:

tenwithkittens.gif

Ten has a kitten. this is now a kitten thread.

YAY! I second that. I love the new kitten thread! Much nicer!
  • sissiluv
    Options
    image001357773445150qpixi0.gif
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    How many people posting on this thread have been hurt by the things people say about their bodies? Where do we draw the line?

Apparently somewhere around 419 lbs.

People. Ugh.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/mikel-ruffinelli-worlds-largest-hips_n_2526338.html

Why is this something to be proud of?

At 420 pounds, I find it really hard to believe that she "doesn't have health problems".
    And she loves her curves! I'm sorry, but curves and lumps/rolls are a lot different. If you watch the video... just no words!

So what if this woman's body doesn't meet your standard of beauty?

There is a lot to be said for a woman who can stand confidently in front of the world (read: the internet) in lingerie and be proud of her figure. This woman loves her body and she is proud of her body. I daresay a great many people on this site joined MFP on a journey to learn to love and be proud of their own bodies.

The next time you have the urge to post something so negative about another person's body, I beg you to reconsider. Post it on your wall, write it in your journal. But don't post it here.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9zm8lkIFn1rexgvto1_500.gif
  • sissiluv
    Options
    image0013387956775710u8xwe.gif
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Why would she do it???

Maybe because she gets attention...like a world record (her attempt) or a whole article dedicated to her, ot the fact that there are now people all over the internet talking about her.

Now she feels special, it doesn't matter that it's negative attention, it's still attention. Don't feed the trolls.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    And here come the hall monitors b1tching and complaining about everything as usual. Don't any of you have anything better to do?

lol We could say the same about you. Don't you have anything better to do than make fun of some lady's video you saw online because you clearly don't feel good about yourself? I'd much rather waste my day away defending women from a POS like you than BEING the POS that feels the need to make fun of someone because of the way they look.

I didn't even watch the video you POS.
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    You can try, but I'm not 420 pounds and trying to gain more weight and have an IQ of 130+ so I am not sure how far you will get with that.

Oh, so you were that NERD I made fun of in high school! Don't you feel all special now making fun of someone who can't defend themselves or their actions in person! Does that make you feel strong and tough big boy??

But yet you made fun of kids who chose to study & not be apart of the "cool" crowd. You're a bully just like everyone else bashing this girl who can't defend herself...Doesn't matter if it was 5-10 years ago you still hurt someone by making fun of them just for being smart. I just think it's kinda like "the pot calling the kettle black..."
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I think it should be pointed out that obese people actually have a lower net cost to society in terms of overall health costs given that they die younger.

Healthy people who live longer are more burdensome as they have the cost of care in old age over a longer period.

Given one of the most pressing issues facing Western Societies is that of an aging population which is outstripping the replacement rate the argument that obese people are a greater drain on society is clearly false.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?

Actually, yes it is. Ever heard of insurance rates and why they are so high?

Are you under the impression that some jerk post on a site like this is going to solve that problem? I reached 361 pounds before deciding enough was enough. One thing that didn't help me make the decision were comments like the ones here. What is the motivation to lose weight when you'd already been degraded and reduced to just some fat person, ready and waiting to be verbally abused?

So, unless you find someway to turn this thread into a solution for our insurance woes, I don't see how this helps.

People who want to be big and purposely try to gain weight are stupid and need mental help. I saw something online where some woman was trying to get the record for the heaviest woman in the world. She deserves to be made fun of because that is ignorant.

So people that need mental help deserve to get made fun of?

yes

So I guess you are the one who picks on the mentally challenged people SMH really? rather disgusting you think this is ok

No I was actually the guy in school that was friends with them and stood up for them in school. None of them wanted to be fat on purpose though
  • sissiluv
    Options
    image001343245358093llmowx.gif
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It always amazes me how quick people are on this site to bash the extremely morbidly obese. With the exception of a small fraction of this community's population, the vast majority were well on their way to becoming like this before they came here.

This.

Do I think it's unhealthy? YES. Do I think it's unattractive? YES. Am I going to call her names? NO. If I weren't here, I could very well be her.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    And here come the hall monitors b1tching and complaining about everything as usual. Don't any of you have anything better to do?

lol We could say the same about you. Don't you have anything better to do than make fun of some lady's video you saw online because you clearly don't feel good about yourself? I'd much rather waste my day away defending women from a POS like you than BEING the POS that feels the need to make fun of someone because of the way they look.

I didn't even watch the video you POS.

Are you still claiming that you have a 130+ IQ after making that statement?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Body shaming thread goes on for pages...

MODS?

Where are you???/
This discussion has been closed.