Ladies: Shut up and Listen

Options

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    508b0f310f574.jpg

OK, so I actually agree, but still...you can't tell me what to do! Nyah nyah! :P
  • elizab2009
    elizab2009 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I am sure like minded people will praise your utter rudeness. Perhaps you should spend more time working on your abrasivness and less time ridiculing others. If you don't like what someone says about weight lifting, then speak your mind and move on. Those who don't want to do that have their own reasons. Condescending arrogance will motivate no one.

Another one who loses out due to extreme sensitiviy and taking offense to the tone of posts on the internet but can take the time to post about it instead of working out or something else productive. Sounds legit.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I haven't really encountered many females blatantly against strength training.

You haven't looked around these forums much, I'm guessing.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Amen, Sister!
  • tdkgirly
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation I needed to work out today!
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    great post... i tell all my clients this. i say " what yoou do in here... prepares you for all the physical stuff you do out there... meaning outside the gym doors in the big wide world.
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    Shut up is such a rude thing to say to people that I can't read your post.

I agree...tact goes a LONG way...and self-serving, haughty, holier-than-thou, narcissistic attitudes aren't exactly inspiring or motivational.

It's like: Here's...an...award? *pins it on OP*

Nothing against women and weight lifting, but definitely disgusted by condescending attitudes. Turn off! Anyway, peace. ;)
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great post
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I was lifting a few years back but stopped and gained weight.
    I started lifting again January last year and I haven't stopped.
    I am amazed that I don't need to push the grocery cart to my car anymore, I am strong enough to carry all the bags. I can open jars and I can bend down with ease. I have nice definition in my arms and shoulders, people are starting to get jealous of them :)
    My main motivation for lifting was that I don't want to get old. I watch my mother, my mother in law and my grandmother go thru so many ailments, broken bones, high blood pressure and having to take so many pills throughout the day that I just don't want that to happen to me. I want to be able to lift and play with my grandchildren, I want to be strong and be able to protect myself or my family if I had to. I do not want to be a "weakling".
    Lifting won't make us women bulky it will make us STRONGER!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I squat my body weight and deadlift even more...I'm huge and bulky...all 110 pounds and size 2 of me!!!!!! :wink:

(My own mother thinks I am going to turn into she-man by lifting weights, people are just ill informed)

Lift those weights ladies!! They will only make you smaller and tighter. I was embarassed to get into a bikini before (even at 100 pounds, because I had cellulite), now, I flaunt one!
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well said! :flowerforyou:
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Great post, OP
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Shut up is such a rude thing to say to people that I can't read your post.

I agree...tact goes a LONG way...and self-serving, haughty, holier-than-thou, narcissistic attitudes aren't exactly inspiring or motivational.

It's like: Here's...an...award? *pins it on OP*

Nothing against women and weight lifting, but definitely disgusted by condescending attitudes. Turn off! Anyway, peace. ;)

you were okay jumping right on bashing obese women earlier.......but a healthy woman tells you to lift some weights for your own health and you're too fragile to hear it?

That does not compute...
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This is why I just stick to my CF group. Everyone over there likes to lift heavy stuff = ) Great Post OP!!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to see who was going to shut up.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    OP - You're beautiful. :drinker:

Anyone who was offended by this...well, I'm baffled how anyone could be.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Great post! I finally listened, dropped most of my cardio and started lifting 3 times a week. Can't wait to see the changes that will be happening in my body this year.
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    WORD! Well said Sister!
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Well. I wish someone had told me to shut up and listen before I gained the weight. Then I wouldn't have packed in so many sandwiches and maybe I would have started lifting heavy sooner. Why mention the rudeness of the OP and then say you aren't going to comment?

It puts the lotion on its skin. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.