An ex attack

Options

Replies

• cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    His or anyone else's opinion of you doesn't matter. Move on. He's not worth a second thought.

Without a doubt, Turn around & walk away. Far far away.
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I felt awful reading your post.I stopped being friends with my Ex's because it was felt toxic. I've been with my current boyfriend for nearly four years and engaged for one..so things DO get better..Move on hun because you don't need people like that in your life X
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Funny title...

He's pissed because from the looks of things you've dropped a ton of weight and he's acting like an angry, insecure little boy.

Congratulations. You lost even more weight that was just holding you back.

Want to get back at him? Have an amazing life. There's nothing better.

You're gonna be just fine.

This x 1000!
  • letbc
    letbc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I actually just had something similar happen to me recently. I dated someone for about a month and ended things because of differences that would become a problem in the long run. I was nice about ending things, but the conversation turned ugly and he attacked me as well. I know and you should know as well, that this is not on you! This is about him and his own insecurities. He attacked the very things that he KNEW would get to you and make you feel like less of a woman and person.

So to move forward keep in mind where you have come from and how you feel about yourself. Never let someone else take away your confidence and beauty (inner and outer).

I hope this helps.
    389989 Posts: 7
    Options
    Happiness/Success are the best form of revenge. You are beautiful. Never forget.
  • Mandybean88
    Options
    What he said isn't true - he just did his best to come out with something that he knew would deeply hurt and upset you and feel the worst way possible.
    I agree with what others have said. He's shown himself capable and extreme nastiness and spite, lucky for you he is your ex and you are free to cut him out of your life completely and get on with the important business of being happy :)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    That's why he is your ex. You should keep it in your head to motivate the f@#k out of you. that is all.

Agreed. You hurt his ego, so he decided to say nasty things to try to make him feel better about himself. He's a loser- ignore him.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

You are an idiot.

That hurt my feelings.. reported.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    He wasn't worth it, thats why he's now an ex.

What he did was emotional abuse, and no one ever needs that, we are plenty capable of inflicting our own emotional abuse without help!

My ex pulled the same kinda crap for many many years.

First was the "I am not marrying you unless you lose weight" - I lived on baked fish and veggies with lemon juice for weeks. - no change. - seriously, no change!
    15 years (yes, 15) of his BS, and I finally got rid of him! Yay!

So heres the kicker, he married someone who is about 100 pounds more than me...

I am doing this for ME, and you are doing this for YOU, be very thankful you didn't waste 15 years! :)
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    sounds like a loser everyone needs to stay motivated
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Funny title...

He's pissed because from the looks of things you've dropped a ton of weight and he's acting like an angry, insecure little boy.

Congratulations. You lost even more weight that was just holding you back.

Want to get back at him? Have an amazing life. There's nothing better.

You're gonna be just fine.

Brett is spot on.....as always. :) Take his advice and move on, hun.
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Kristy - You are lucky to find this out about him now and to have him out of your life. And before I offer advice, first let me congratulate you on your transformation. You look like an entirely new person and you should be incredibly proud!!! Well done you!! So with that (and as others have said), some people are just mean and hurtful and they know how to hit someone where they are insecure. Those are BAD, AWFUL, UGLY people and you do not want them in your life. What you should do is look in the mirror and recognize the person you are today and be INCREDIBLY proud! You obviously have amazing discipline to transform yourself and that will power will carry you to wonderful things throughout your life. Be confident because you have done something (the transformation) that most people cannot successfully do and carry that confidence with you into your work and the rest of your life. Happy to be a friend on here if you want it. Good luck regardless! Cheers!
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    You told him what your weakness was; where your insecurities lay. What he said meant nothing. He was lashing out at you in anger and looking to hurt you. He went for your jugular....your weak point. If you had confided in him a different weakness, that is what he would say. His words are meaningless. His anger and desire to hurt you in order to build himself up is not.....he is no friend. Remove him from your life.
  • craigy_84
    craigy_84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to stress yourself with people who don't even deserve to be an issue in your life.

Move on and turn the experience into something to drive you harder and make you more determined to reach your set goals :)
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

You are an idiot.

Awww That is too bad. Since I am sure you comment was SO helpful to this poor girl who was really hurt. Hope you feel better.

Actually, ma'am, it is genuine advice. If a relationship is working so poorly that you resort to seeking advice on the forum of a fitness website, then my advice would be to just break up.
  • Absaluteme
    Absaluteme Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mostly when people attack it's as a direct reflection of their own insecurities. I think you'll find its his problem more than yours. Personally i think you look a bit like Billie Piper but what do I know..:):):):)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Well it sounds like you dodged a bullet with this one. No need to have ANYTHING else to do with him. He blatantly used his knowledge of your personal insecurities to hurt you. Had you still be in a relationship with this fool, I would have called it toxic. Be relieved and moved on. He just said those things to hurt you. You don't have to let him succeed at it.

^^^ totally this...be happy you dodged that bullet. He is insecure and willing to use his personal knowledge of you to purposefully hurt. What a "insert word here that I cannot say because I'll get another strike but is my favoritest word in the whole wide world for people like this". You ARE beautiful, and young, and you will find someone who values everything about you. Don't even try to talk to this beast again, he isn't worth it.

:flowerforyou:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Hey, men are jerks. And this one sounds like a particularly insecure, spiteful one. (And he probably has a very small p@n!$) You were confident and you felt sexy before... don't let one "sour grapes" twit set you back! You look pretty hot to me!

how come when women belittle men we never say, oh i bet she has a wide vagina
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

You are an idiot.

Awww That is too bad. Since I am sure you comment was SO helpful to this poor girl who was really hurt. Hope you feel better.

Actually, ma'am, it is genuine advice. If a relationship is working so poorly that you resort to seeking advice on the forum of a fitness website, then my advice would be to just break up.
    We had already broken up, or your advice would have been sound. Did you read my post? It does have to do with body image and my weight loss. I just wanted to know I wasn't alone in the situation. Thanks for your input though!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

You are an idiot.

mean spirited and name calling is out of line. No place here for that.