An ex attack

Options

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    It's just what a large group of people (and you ALL know who you are) post when they have nothing better to say.

I see this sentence about 5 times a day - referring to different posts that are left around the chit chat area of MFP that are similar or are inside jokes - it always makes me stabby.

oh these horrible women always having fun. i wish they would just get fat and get off my free weight loss website, horrible creatures, i wish they would all just find G....

really getting beaten down by all these people who wake up and decide to hate people on the internet who are silly in the chit chat forum. Like seriously, you dont like us, we can never make you like us, we arent trying to make you like us, what do you want? Do you really just want us to give up and leave and stop being health conscious and helping people? Is playing in the fun and games forums just too far - should we just be happy that we met most of our goals and just go away so we dont accidentally allow our success to hurt anyone's feelings. Are our little internet comments actually derailing your fitness goals and personal well-being?

then just stop trying to judge an entire group of people that you couldn't even name if someone asked you to point them out.

Please.

we have to be allowed to play somewhere on this freaking site.

She didnt put this in support and motivation, she put it in Chit Chat, Fun and Games. She set the tone. that's all. Please please please stop being one of the people that believe that there is a group of people on this website that is your enemy.

i cant take it anymore.

edited for spelling before i get shredded for that ish too

You are so much better with words than I am. All of this times a billion.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    He said I wasn't sexy

Um....WTH, is this guy blind or something?!?!? I would say that you a hottie.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Fourteen years ago I had a boyfriend say some really nasty things about me and my body - I had gained over 100 pounds in the time we had been dating, and he told me he was no longer attracted to me, etc. We broke up for this and many other reasons. I have since lost that weight (and gained it back, and then lost it, and then gained again...) But the way that conversation made me feel still sticks with me today. The feelings aren't as strong now, but I still get a knot in the pit of my stomach when I think about the things he said. They were hurtful!

Since then I have worked really hard to become more confident in all areas of my life, and to finally take good care of my body. It's a slow process and I struggle with it at times.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that it's okay to feel so upset and hurt, and know that you can grow and learn from this and become the person you want to be, no matter how much it may hurt to think of things from your past.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's just what a large group of people (and you ALL know who you are) post when they have nothing better to say.

I see this sentence about 5 times a day - referring to different posts that are left around the chit chat area of MFP that are similar or are inside jokes - it always makes me stabby.

oh these horrible women always having fun. i wish they would just get fat and get off my free weight loss website, horrible creatures, i wish they would all just find G....

really getting beaten down by all these people who wake up and decide to hate people on the internet who are silly in the chit chat forum. Like seriously, you dont like us, we can never make you like us, we arent trying to make you like us, what do you want? Do you really just want us to give up and leave and stop being health conscious and helping people? Is playing in the fun and games forums just too far - should we just be happy that we met most of our goals and just go away so we dont accidentally allow our success to hurt anyone's feelings. Are our little internet comments actually derailing your fitness goals and personal well-being?

then just stop trying to judge an entire group of people that you couldn't even name if someone asked you to point them out.

Please.

She didnt put this in support and motivation, she put it in Chit Chat, Fun and Games. She set the tone. that's all. Please please please stop being one of the people that believe that there is a group of people on this website that is your enemy.

i cant take it anymore.

^ Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. I love it when Yoovie says things because she says it better than any of us ever could. :heart:
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    He said I wasn't sexy

Um....WTH, is this guy blind or something?!?!? I would say that you a hottie.

This. Dude must have cataracts in his eyes. Oh, and he's a d*****bag.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Please.

i cant take it anymore.

I don't think anyone is my enemy (nor do I care to be quite honest) but I do think it's childish. She clearly posted it for support not for smug "just break up" comments. Is it supportive, genuine, original, sincere, kind, helpful etc? No! It's just someting that the same people post over and over again to amuse each other. If you still find it funny after seeing it posted 100 times a day then more power to you. I don't. I can't take the "just break up" comments (or the multitude of other copy and paste comments that end up on every thread) and you can't take that people complain about them. For the record, I've said this ONE TIME and ONE TIME only because this asinine comment was made on a friends post who I DO CARE about. So if you're lumping me in with people who constantly complain, then I guess you're judging too...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I love you Yoovie. That is all.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Nope. The "just break up" comment has nothing to do with this post and is pretty much always disrespectful and unnecessary. She clearly said she wasn't even with him anymore but good try attempting to make it relevant... It's just what a large group of people (and you ALL know who you are) post when they have nothing better to say. It's old~very old. It was funny maybe the first or second time. Come up with some new material already! :yawn::

Actually, she mentioned they were trying to make it work as friends. So yes, it is relevant. She needs to just break up with him, forget about him, move one with her life, start dating a better guy (in short - just break up).

It's not meant to be funny, it's meant to be direct.

Yes, meant to be funny...never funny to the OP though, huh?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Please.

i cant take it anymore.

I don't think anyone is my enemy (nor do I care to be quite honest) but I do think it's childish. She clearly posted it for support not for smug "just break up" comments. Is it supportive, genuine, original, sincere, kind, helpful etc? No! It's just someting that the same people post over and over again to amuse each other. If you still find it funny after seeing it posted 100 times a day then more power to you. I don't. I can't take the "just break up" comments (or the multitude of other copy and paste comments that end up on every thread) and you can't take that people complain about them. For the record, I've said this ONE TIME and ONE TIME only because this asinine comment was made on a friends post who I DO CARE about. So if you're lumping me in with people who constantly complain, then I guess you're judging too...

Way to hijack a thread! Three little words have sent you in such a tizzy!

BTW... I :heart: Yoovie too!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Why do you care about what some *kitten* who is probably making up for his lack of a d*** by acting like one has to say? He is bringing nothing positive to your life. Don't let people like that bring you down. My ex told me I was a cold heartless b**** that was incapable of loving someone when I told his lying, drug abusing criminal a** that there was no chance we'd ever get back together and I wasn't going to be acting like I was still his girl. Don't need that shiz in your life

You need to feel confident and sexy about YOU, you should not need someone else to tell you that. And when a**holes like him makes those kinds of comments it just rolls off your back.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Nope. The "just break up" comment has nothing to do with this post and is pretty much always disrespectful and unnecessary. She clearly said she wasn't even with him anymore but good try attempting to make it relevant... It's just what a large group of people (and you ALL know who you are) post when they have nothing better to say. It's old~very old. It was funny maybe the first or second time. Come up with some new material already! :yawn::

Actually, she mentioned they were trying to make it work as friends. So yes, it is relevant. She needs to just break up with him, forget about him, move one with her life, start dating a better guy (in short - just break up).

Really? Cause you're the OP... oh wait, you aren't....
  • amgault
    amgault Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The first thing I want to say is that if you two actually want to stay friends in the long run, you need to spend a few months apart from each other. You can't go from a relationship to friendship overnight. Tell him you need to be able to clear your head and to that, you cannot be around him for a while. If he is an *kitten* about it, then you don't need be with him in any sense of the word.

The second thing is that he said what he knew would hurt you. When people become angry, they insult each other in the worst ways possible. What he said struck a cord with you because it is still something you are working on. When I was in school ( high and middle school) I was not popular. I was bullied every single day until I shut down and stopped talking to anybody. I had zero confidence. It wasn't until I met my husband that I began to feel good about myself. But even now, I feel self-conscious. Those words will stick with you. The only thing you can do is to use those words to motivate yourself until you look so amazing that those words no longer apply to you. Once they are no longer even remotely truthful TO YOU, then you will move on. Remember to keep pushing yourself. Use whatever you need to give you motivation whether it be faith, friends, or just your own inner willpower. I believe in you. Your friends believe in you. Everyone on this site believes in you. Believe in yourself and you will go far!
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

I am the one who posted the comment so I will tell you how it was meant to be.
  • pastryari
    Options

Please.

i cant take it anymore.

'

Yet you hijacked your own friend's thread based on 3 simple words that could have easily been ignored. Bravo.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    Sometimes people say stupid things b/c they're bitter/hurt. He must have been attracted to you at some point to be in a relationship with you, and since it was only two months, I doubt you look dramatically different. Yes, what he said was ridiculous and unnecessary, but you really have two choices here: deal with it and get over it or let it eat at you. Personally, I'd choose the former. :flowerforyou:
  • pastryari
    Options
    To the OP, you're always going to face people in your life that will either try or succeed at bringing you down. It's up to you to decide that they don't matter, that their words don't matter. I've cut out a couple of toxic family members that would do nothing but call me fat, ugly, etc. The minute I stopped LETTING their words matter to me, that's when I started to realize that nobody can make me feel anything that I don't let them make me feel.

You'll get through this. Start by thinking about the things you like about yourself. Remind yourself EVERY day.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Please.

i cant take it anymore.

I dont understand why you have to announce when you see something on the internet that is childish. 80% of the internet is childish. She clearly posted it in chit chat, not support. She probably wanted a little humor or comedic relief to break up the sad, dont you think?
    Is it supportive, genuine, original, sincere, kind, helpful etc? No!

this isnt therapy, its the wild. Its the international, non-american, entire globe of humanity, with the rights to not be slandered, prejudiced against (thanks by the way, for prejudging half the people here - sweet) or have your privacy invaded. There is no right to support, right to sincerity or right to not be offended,

you have the right to pose a question or thought to the public and receive a general public reply.

I did not say that you post this a million times, i said i see it 5 times a week or whatever. You know how often I see the break up comment?

about once or twice a week, and believe me, i see almost every thread.

now, you wanna be judgy, you be judgy, but dont expect everyone to shut up and take it lying down. You call people out in public, they will respond. responding is not judging, its responding.

Im putting you on ignore, because personal attacks in the main forums are against TOS, but believe me, I avoid everyone who hates people so much that they have to put it in writing.

I wish you the best in your weight loss journey
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    None of my friends would treat me like that. I hope you stick to your decision to cut him off completely.

He is a coward who went for the cheap shot, and you are giving him power over you that he doesn't deserve. His childish words should not detract from your progress.

Don't give negative people power over your heart, your feelings, or your self-worth. The source of his comments was ugliness; why let that into your life or your mind? Throw it away like the garbage it is and move on with your life.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    he is no friend. Remove him from your life.

This x 1000. Move on. Don't call him, text him, FB him, tweet him, etc. to let him know. Just terminate all contact with him, and don't look back.

Also, I'll echo what others have said about your successes so far. Way to go!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Yoovie for President