How often do you weigh yourself and why?

Options

Replies

• pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I weighed daily when I started getting fit last year....a bit obsessive. Now I've toned it down to once every week or two.
  • JennaGthtzMe
    JennaGthtzMe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself since I have started and I plan on doing it every 2 weeks :wink:
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week in the mornings, I'm very traditional in that sense :) I tend to do it that way, more because I'm too tired or in too much of a rush to remember to weigh [e.g. I eat my breakfast and then remember that I should have weighed in before eating, if that makes sense].
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Once a month, or so. Otherwise I'd get discouraged and obsessed with the numbers.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Once a month max. I'm thin and I'm trying to tone, so if I go up in weight - so be it! I have a goal and I'm fine with it taking a bit longer than most. I'm working on decreasing body fat more then I am weight and my image of myself in the mirror is more important than the numbers on the scale :)
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Every morning, mainly so I know what weight to use for my HRM. If it weren't for that, I could probably settle for a weekly weigh in.
  • raynavee
    Options
    Twice per day - morning and evening. And you are correct. You want to learn how your diet affects your weight. If you are off the regular meal schedules and overeat at the restaurant for example, and your weight registered a number, you want to know about it. Your approach is just fine.

Same here.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    On the first of the month. I used to obsess over the scale and it was truly making me insane. I am much happier now. I can tell immediately if I am up - I don't need the scale to tell me that - it only pisses me off.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I weigh once every morning but only record changes on Mondays. Its gotten to where stepping on the scale is just part of my morning routine and that's all it means to me.
  • Baileys83
    Baileys83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Twice per day - morning and evening. And you are correct. You want to learn how your diet affects your weight. If you are off the regular meal schedules and overeat at the restaurant for example, and your weight registered a number, you want to know about it. Your approach is just fine.

Same here.

Daily weigher here too.... for that reason. Keeps me sane - I don't only diet once a week so why only weigh once a week :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I know it can be discouraging with uncontrollable factors such as water retention, etc., but I weigh myself EVERY DAY in the morning. Avoiding the scale is what landed me here. :(
    Exactly!
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Twice daily, morning and evening. I record my morning weight daily on my calendar.

Marie
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    a lot. I don't know why I am so obsessed with the scale this go round. Most of the time, I daydream about taking it outside and putting a hole in it with my .45
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself daily, but I got frustrated with the flucuations and that is why I ended up giving up for a while. I am back now and have decided not to be obsessed by the scale. I will weigh myself once a month, first monday of each month.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    every day....same time every morning....
  • SimonSnewin
    SimonSnewin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Each morning first thing. I have the Withings wi-fi scales and my weight and body-fat percentage get updated straight to my Withings account that I can see on my Smartphone. This is linked to my MFP account which also shows the weight. Very motivating to see my weight going down each morning, particularly on the Withings graph as this gives a "tendency" curve too so I can ignore the occasional peaks.
  • celb500
    celb500 Posts: 76
    Options
    Every morning before work.

It gives me an idea of what types of food i should eat that day.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I weigh once every morning but only record changes on Mondays. Its gotten to where stepping on the scale is just part of my morning routine and that's all it means to me.
    Same here. When I am up and if I know why I am up I don't fret at at.
  • jenkinkh
    Options
    I weigh once a day. Usually in the mornings before getting ready for work. However I usually only log my weight once a week (Mondays usually).
  • SimonSnewin
    SimonSnewin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday when I get up in the morning. I want to make sure my weight is not going up first thing in the morning then I can be positive about my day. :smile:

Me too!