While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am pop tart free for more than 3 years.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    mmm SMORES poptarts
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    They just don't do anything for me and use up too many cals... I'm hungry after I eat them

I don't think anyone should cut anything out of their diet if it's something they enjoy, as long as they fit into your cals

Me too. I don't consider any food off limits, but as I plan out my day I try to get the foods in that keep me feeling full, and pop tarts don't fit the bill....but there is a box in my pantry of the strawberry ones because I do like them.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a Pop Tart in years - and now I find out there are Red Velvet Pop Tarts!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    3 words: brown sugar cinnamon (no frosting) Oooops, that's 5 words.

where do you even find the no frosting kind?!
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Red Velvet Pop Tarts? I saw them at the store the other day and I'm wondering if they're worth a damn. How about Confetti Cake? Pumpkin Pie?

Red velvet = AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See, that's what I'm afraid of; I am in contest prep for the next 11 weeks so for now, they're off limits totally and completely. They're also limited edition so... will they be around when I want them?? Part of me thinks it might just be wise to get a box and stash them in the back of the pantry for later...
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    To follow my ice cream hating topic: Why all the hate for Pop Tarts? I'd love to hear why I shouldn't be eating two a day. My diary's open.

-M

you shouldn't be eating two a day if you have room in your macros for four a day.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Damn. Now I want pop tarts... :grumble:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

A source of vitamins AND minerals???

SOLD.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I am pop tart free for more than 3 years.

that problem can easily be solved.

pop_tarts.jpg
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Nobody should hate on anybody's comfort foods. If you need to cut down or cut out altogether, you'll know when, but if that's your one (or 2)indulgence, carry on...... my weakness is Sweetarts. They're going to destroy my teeth and I still haven't looked up their calories. I get off them for a month or so and then......I see some at the store...and I do it all over again.....and I'm diabetic...
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    the best (in order of my favorites)

Wild Berry (in the toaster)
    Unfrosted Strawberry (in the toaster)
    Chocolate Chip (un-toasted)

.... yes. I seriously only like three flavors of pop tarts. don't look at me like that! *hides*
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Because the last time I had any they tasted like sugar-coated cardboard. I would rather eat a nice doughnut.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Hate is such a strong word.

I won't waste my calories on foods I do not like. Poptarts are overly dry and yucky to me. I have never liked them. *shrug*
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg
    OMFG. I have to find these.

My favorite are Cherry, not Strawberry. :sick:
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Tried them for team luck......Coach had a wreck on a harley with his mistress, got fired, and we had a bad season. Never will eat one again!!!

razorback-pop-tarts.jpg
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    S'more Pop Tarts for me, good sir.

Yessssss :D
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I've never had a pop tart. But that red velvet thing looks good.

How many calories in one?
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I love blueberry unfrosted Poptarts, but they are almost impossible to find now in my city. So that's one temptation I can avoid. *sigh*
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I love frosted strawberry. But I can't just eat two. I can exercise moderation for almost any food-- poptarts are not one of them.