While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Pop Tarts. but I ADORE Twinkies!!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    They taste like crap. Cardboardy and dry, ugh. I can think of a million and one things I'd rather waste FOUR HUNDRED CALORIES (Strawberry, 2 pastries) on than those sh*tbricks.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Poptarts sound good actually. Homemade ones are even better. :D
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The only kind i like is this organic brand, strawberry unfrosted. And mostly.........................................

<.<

>.>

I only eat the edges
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    We only get a few boring flavors in Canada. In the U.S. there are more flavors, especially around the Holidays. :ohwell: Same thing with toaster strudels (only strawberry, not even strawberry and cheese).
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    S'more poptarts are my favorite but I have to say I probably haven't had them in over a year. When I found out how many calories they had, I got turned off - and that's really unlike me, I can be Taco Bell and McDonalds like a champ.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Sorry but the Pillsberry Toasters Strudels taste better. Nothing beats their strawberry and cream cheese one.

That would be my beef on not eating Pop Tarts lol.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    The serving size is 1 poptart, yet the packet includes 2 poptarts. Most people will eat both poptarts thinking that is only 1 serving.

In addition, I used to eat poptarts daily when I was 16 or 17 and gained about 20 pounds from that. When I realized, I stopped eating them and quickly lost that weight!

Needless to say, I haven't touched a poptart since.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

This is evil!
  • NinjaTheGinger
    NinjaTheGinger Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I eat a pop tart daily, and leave the other one in a zip lock bag for the next day. Problem solved.
  • wvgirlnfl
    Options
    I love Pop Tarts, they are one of my favorite things. I love the Brown Sugar Cinnamon but as one other person said, they have too many calories and don't keep me full long enough.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    The serving size is 1 poptart, yet the packet includes 2 poptarts. Most people will eat both poptarts thinking that is only 1 serving.

In addition, I used to eat poptarts daily when I was 16 or 17 and gained about 20 pounds from that. When I realized, I stopped eating them and quickly lost that weight!

Needless to say, I haven't touched a poptart since.

THANK YOU. They are nasty.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    1 poptart is a serving size! I'm crying
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts are like everything else. Always better with ice cream and beer

I'm glad I read this AFTER I got home from the store. Otherwise, I might have bought the ingredients to make Pop Tart ice cream sandwiches.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts are like everything else. Always better with ice cream and beer

I'm glad I read this AFTER I got home from the store. Otherwise, I might have bought the ingredients to make Pop Tart ice cream sandwiches.

Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts and Ben & Jerry's Peach Cobbler make and EXCELLENT ice cream sandwich, true story. (Check my diary from last night)
  • stunr55
    Options
    We only get a few boring flavors in Canada. In the U.S. there are more flavors, especially around the Holidays. :ohwell: Same thing with toaster strudels (only strawberry, not even strawberry and cheese).

Pop tart flavors available in Canada, according to Kelloggs:
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookies and Creme, Chocolate Chip, Frosted Blueberry, Frosted Chocolate Fudge, Frosted Raspberry, Frosted Strawberry, S'mores & Strawberry Shake Flavour.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    3 words: brown sugar cinnamon (no frosting) Oooops, that's 5 words.

where do you even find the no frosting kind?!

I find them at Food Lion and sometimes at WalMart. I don't like the frosting. If they are frosted, I eat the sides and give the middles to the dog. He's pretty unconcerned with calories, as best I can tell. They are just awesome.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    It's because toaster strudels are better.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Why do you bring your pop tart hatred to this thread! Why can't people just leave us alone. :sad:
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

Why do you bring your pop tart hatred to this thread! Why can't people just leave us alone. :sad:
    Well I don't hate poptarts, it's just that toaster strudels better... it's a FACT.