Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts aren't the enemy.

Nutella is the enemy.

Amen!
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options

I always eat the crust all the way around first and then go for the frosted part. I've been doing it this way since I was a kid.

Me tooooo!

Woah. I thought I was the only one that did that...
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg
    Please don't let my daughter see these!!!!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER hate on Pop Tarts! :heart:
  • techiegirl81078
    techiegirl81078 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts aren't the enemy.

Nutella is the enemy.

OMG! I SO AGREE! Nutella and some thick breadsticks......breakfast of the Gods.....before the diet started! :o)
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options

I always eat the crust all the way around first and then go for the frosted part. I've been doing it this way since I was a kid.

Me tooooo!

Woah. I thought I was the only one that did that...

:::fellow crust first eater raises hand:::

Cant stand em in the toaster. Microwave it for a few secs, or just cold. Only way to go.....man do I want some now. grrr. Dip em in coffee or hot cocoa. Yummm
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I had the strawberry ones (frosted) yesterday...it was a great day!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I luv pop tarts. And don't try to pass off a generic brand. Yuck. You know what is good? It sounds gross but I like the unfrosted strawberry flavor with pb spread on it to make PopTart PB&J
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts are like everything else. Always better with ice cream and beer

I'm glad I read this AFTER I got home from the store. Otherwise, I might have bought the ingredients to make Pop Tart ice cream sandwiches.

Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts and Ben & Jerry's Peach Cobbler make and EXCELLENT ice cream sandwich, true story. (Check my diary from last night)

Now I know what the next flavor combination I'm trying will be. That does sound excellent!
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I refuse to read anything anti-poptart (regardless how well informed, educated or right it may be :tongue: )

Unfrosted blueberry, lightly buttered right, out of the toaster. Theres no way I'm giving up this vice.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    OMG just had a scary thought: Nutella filled Poptarts.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

I'm not even a big pop tart fan but I will be buying some of these if I ever find them.
  • aguethler
    aguethler Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Are you eating them for dessert. If so, and they are your treat for the day, awesome. The problem with pop-tarts is that people believe they are a MEAL, and they have pretty much no nutritious content. That would be why people hate on them.

They are made from Hydrogenated oils and enriched flour with sugar (and High Fructose corn syrup thrown in for good measure because having sugar as the second ingredient and dextrose as the third were not enough) - it is basically a giant candy bar, if you eat it that way its fine. If you substitute it for real food, not so much.

Ingredients in the Fudge flavor:
    ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACINAMIDE, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, DEXTROSE, VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN, PALM, COTTONSEED AND/OR HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL† WITH TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID FOR FRESHNESS), CORN SYRUP, WHEY, CRACKER MEAL, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, COCOA, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF CORNSTARCH, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, SALT, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), MODIFIED CORN STARCH, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, GELATIN, DRIED EGG WHITES, DATEM, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL†, MODIFIED WHEAT STARCH, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL VANILLA FLAVOR, CARAMEL COLOR, SOY LECITHIN, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, COLOR ADDED, NIACINAMIDE, REDUCED IRON, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B1), FOLIC ACID.

Oh and if they make nutella filled poptarts I will be morbidly obese so lets not go there.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    omg, i love strawberry pop tarts!!! first, i toast them, then i eat the edges, then i carefully split the top from the bottom, eat the bottom pastry first, then, saved for the very end, the upper portion, with strawverry goo on the bottom and fristing on the top... satisfaction is mine!!!
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    3 words: brown sugar cinnamon (no frosting) Oooops, that's 5 words.
    Those are the BEST ONES! Most people don't even know they exist. They can be hard to find unfrosted though. I used to always buy up a bunch if I happened to come across them.

I don't really eat them much anymore because they're not filling enough to me to justify the 200 calories per tart. :(
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I see the last ingredient there Folic Acid.. pregnant women rejoice! :happy:
  • LiftingStrong
    Options
    Has anyone ever thought Poptarts had the distinct smell of cat food? I'm serious.

BTW, I haven't eaten Pop Tarts prominently since I was a young child, I still remember how anyone who actually ate those things got teased and called fat. Even now I'm afraid to even let my friends know I even ate them so often as a kid, even though they most likely wouldn't give a **** since these aren't the same ones but still, guess it's a phobia of mine.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    OMG just had a scary thought: Nutella filled Poptarts.

That would be evil. Or awesome. I'm not quite sure which.