While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Because I will eat the entire box in one day. I can't fit that into my macros.
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My theory about people who LOVE poptarts is that no one in their life made scrumptious flaky pie crust with numerous delicious fillings......I'd never waste 400 calories on 2 dry cardboard pies when I could have a slice of sweet/tart homemade cherry pie! Poptarts just don't measure up!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I used to love blueberry and brown sugar cinnamon, but I couldn't control myself and used to eat the whole box. Then I would feel like crap and STILL hungry. I have a very short list of foods that I do not even let in the house because I get too crazy and brown sugar and blueberry poptarts are on it. I can have the other flavors around for my kids because I won't touch them, but those are outlawed in my house. I wouldn't say I hate them more like I had to let them go.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have had the same box of pumpkin pie pop tarts in my pantry for 4 months maybe? they were really disgusting,

but I love blueberry and smores.

I used to take the blueberry ones and crumble them in a bowl with a little but of melted butter and then put it on top of muffins kinda like a ghetto streusel topping, no wonder I am attempting to lose weight now :sad:

oh my god... that is the coolest ghetto recipe I have ever heard. even better than my tuna ramen noodle casserole
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    there is such thing as pumpkin pie pop tarts omg yummy. If I have poptarts I put them in the freezer and eat them frozen, but havnt had any in a long time because I will eat the whole box in 2 days lol
  • brajorie
    brajorie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There's less sugar eating a doughnut. Why not start your day off eating 2 doughnuts instead of 1 poptart, there's less calories in them? Oh and these have to be the worst thing ever invented for a kids breakfast, come on now, really? Anything prepackaged that has a very long shelf life and filled with sugar isn't worth putting into our bodies. I'm surprised your not a diabetic eating two of these every day..lol
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    hydrogenated oils.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    MAKE YOUR OWN POPTARTS!! Just put some crayon shavings on a slice of cardboard and heat in the toaster oven!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Oh, gosh, I lovvveeeeee poptarts! Haven't had one in years :( Might have to change that!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    hydrogenated oils.

I'm partial to the partially hydrogenated oils.

I looked for the red velvet pop-tarts this morning, but alas, there were none to be found. :sad:
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I luv pop tarts. And don't try to pass off a generic brand. Yuck. You know what is good? It sounds gross but I like the unfrosted strawberry flavor with pb spread on it to make PopTart PB&J

Am I the only one who noticed this? I can't be... this is so simple but its genius. This begs the question; why is there no peanut butter Pop Tart?

I'm sad to come back in here and see so many people hating on the Pop Tart. Yes, it's nutritionally devoid of anything worthwhile, It is a lot of calories for not much food, and they can be sickly sweet.

Who gives a ****? Just let people enjoy something without saying 'it isnt worth it' all the time. Can't we have ANY fun threads on MFP or do people really feel it so necessary to be party poopers?

Calm down, have a drink, get laid... whatever. Relax and let people chat about a mutual love of crappy food for a minute.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    9 pages of Pop Tart talk....

I'm putting it on my shopping list! :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I luv pop tarts. And don't try to pass off a generic brand. Yuck. You know what is good? It sounds gross but I like the unfrosted strawberry flavor with pb spread on it to make PopTart PB&J

Am I the only one who noticed this? I can't be... this is so simple but its genius. This begs the question; why is there no peanut butter Pop Tart?

I'm sad to come back in here and see so many people hating on the Pop Tart. Yes, it's nutritionally devoid of anything worthwhile, It is a lot of calories for not much food, and they can be sickly sweet.

Who gives a ****? Just let people enjoy something without saying 'it isnt worth it' all the time. Can't we have ANY fun threads on MFP or do people really feel it so necessary to be party poopers?

Calm down, have a drink, get laid... whatever. Relax and let people chat about a mutual love of crappy food for a minute.

PB&J Pop-Tarts came out in '86. I can't believe that flavor didn't stick around. How can you screw up pb&j???
  • JossFit
    Options

PB&J Pop-Tarts came out in '86. I can't believe that flavor didn't stick around. How can you screw up pb&j???

I don't know, but I think they should give it another try.
    I'm not even limiting it to PB&J... what about PB and chocolate? PB all by itself? Frosted PB?

I'm writing a letter to Kellogs damn it.

some of the discontinued flavors I agree with but some of these sound pretty good;
    http://poptarts.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Discontinued_Flavors
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I'm not even limiting it to PB&J... what about PB and chocolate? PB all by itself? Frosted PB?

DO ITTTTT!!!! Why don't they collaborate with Reese's and make a pb & chocolate? Or York peppermint patty. OMG, I need to stop.
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    I don't like them but my kids sure do so I buy them for my kids. My son will eat them all in one day. His favorite is Ice Cream Sunday he puts them in the freezer not sure why but he says they taste better that way.
  • JossFit
    Options

DO ITTTTT!!!! Why don't they collaborate with Reese's and make a pb & chocolate? Or York peppermint patty. OMG, I need to stop.

LOL, seriously... though that is a FANTASTIC idea.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    They aren't clean eating. Its full of processed chemicals and additives. You can eat it, but it will cause harm to your body. Not to mention they are 400 cals a pack. Find clean fruits and veggies and nuts to snack on instead, you'll have more energy that way. :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

LOL, seriously... though that is a FANTASTIC idea.

French toast, how could they discontinue that? I really liked the high fiber chocolate ones, but I could only ever find them at one store, and they didn't have them when I looked this morning. I haven't had a Pop-Tart since October. I only looked because of this thread. Damn this thread! :bigsmile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    This is one of my favorites, it's Paula Poundstone talking about Pop-Tarts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLLP1Wtrg0U