While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    There's less sugar eating a doughnut. Why not start your day off eating 2 doughnuts instead of 1 poptart, there's less calories in them? Oh and these have to be the worst thing ever invented for a kids breakfast, come on now, really? Anything prepackaged that has a very long shelf life and filled with sugar isn't worth putting into our bodies. I'm surprised your not a diabetic eating two of these every day..lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you could only see my food diary. At least 2 ( usually 6 ) poptarts a day, and I'm no where near having diabeetus.
  • virginiadavis9803
    virginiadavis9803 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yum, Chocolate fudge.....
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts aren't the enemy.
    Nutella is the enemy.
    I know what I'm making tomorrow!!

Nutella Pop Tarts

Two ingredients, a hot oven and 8 minutes cooking time . . .
    Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 18 Servings: 8 pop tarts

Ingredients:
    1 14.1 oz pack Pillsbury pie crusts (two 9 inch rounds)
    1 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
    powdered sugar and water (for icing) and sprinkles, if desired

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
    2. Unroll pie crusts, and cut two long rectangles. Cut into equal, smaller, pop tart shaped rectangles. (You should have 16 pieces.)
    3. Drop two tablespoons of Nutella in the center of 8 of the dough rectangles. Place another rectangle on top, and crimp the edges with a fork. Flip and repeat crimping on other side.
    4. Bake for about 7 - 8 minutes.
    5. For a frosted pop tart, mix powdered sugar with a little water, and spread on the pop tarts while they are still warm. Apply sprinkles immediately after frosting (otherwise they won't stick!).
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts are gross, nasty pastry-wannabe food :sick:
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Love pop tarts. Hate..toaster strudels.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be all healthy foodie here, but I really don't like Pop Tarts. They just taste too fakey (not flakey) to me.
    Homemade tarts from scratch, however, are another story.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    My brother's kids stayed with me and got a flavor, I think it was Strawberry Milkshake, that I would have traded both of them for, QUICKLY. I was buying boxes back to back but FINALLY kicked the habit. That was a few years ago.

Now, I'm back in, and I'm in DEEPLY. Cookies and creme, and frosted strawberry and blueberry. My husband ate the last 2 packets and there was almost domestic violence in my home.

I am searching for the Hello Kitty ones like a madwoman.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My theory about people who LOVE poptarts is that no one in their life made scrumptious flaky pie crust with numerous delicious fillings......I'd never waste 400 calories on 2 dry cardboard pies when I could have a slice of sweet/tart homemade cherry pie! Poptarts just don't measure up!

I love poptarts and completed the Baking & Pastry program at a culinary school so I can tell you, I've made my fair share of fantastic pastries (including flaky pie crust).

Smores poptarts, ftw.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    My theory about people who LOVE poptarts is that no one in their life made scrumptious flaky pie crust with numerous delicious fillings......I'd never waste 400 calories on 2 dry cardboard pies when I could have a slice of sweet/tart homemade cherry pie! Poptarts just don't measure up!

I love poptarts and completed the Baking & Pastry program at a culinary school so I can tell you, I've made my fair share of fantastic pastries (including flaky pie crust).

Smores poptarts, ftw.

Well, your theory is wrong. I've had and made scrumptious pies, cakes, and other desserts. Doesn't mean I can't still appreciate a poptart. Nice try though :flowerforyou:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    S'mores poptarts, baby. Slightly over-toasted. That's where it's at. I'll be in my happy place. *do not disturb sign*
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I know body builders who eat pop tarts Post workout, 30 mins after their protein...no joke.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm just not a fan of how sugary they are and the ingredients in them. I prefer granola bars myself :)
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Laughing out loud at this thread. Now I want pop tarts. It's been a while. I wonder how many of you are on the Tart payroll
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I went off Pop Tarts when they stopped selling the brown sugar & cinnamon ones in Canada.

It's too late for them to get me back, since I'm grain free now.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Red Velvet Pop Tarts? I saw them at the store the other day and I'm wondering if they're worth a damn. How about Confetti Cake? Pumpkin Pie?

I never cared much for Pop Tarts but my daughter loves them. I bought the pumpkin pie ones for her to try. She didn't want them because she's not a fan of pumpkin pie but I tried one and am hooked. I have 10 boxes in my pantry right now. And 2 boxes of Gingerbread ones for a change of pace. I have one Pop Tart and a cup of decaf almost every evening. Yum.
  • onefatwife
    onefatwife Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree...it appears Nutella is suppose to be good for you. It's a trick. Maybe just one bite, but then you cant stop eating it. It taste awesome. I just don't buy it anymore so I can't be tempted.
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Oooh I love a Pop Tart and coffee for breakfast. I love the chocolately/cookie dough ones the most.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    RED VELVET POP TARTS?! S'Mores?! Apple Cinnamon?! And Cookie Dough? I'd bet money they're only in the States. Canada gets gypped again :(
  • 1blueeyedbear
    1blueeyedbear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Because I can't stop myself from eating the whole damn box. I can't have them in the house.

I seem to have the same problem
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    I haven't had a Pop Tart in years - and now I find out there are Red Velvet Pop Tarts!

I was just thinking the same damn thing!!!!!

Yup exact same story. I used to eat them all the time (Wild Berry, esp.) until I started actually being healthy. I swore them off for years. But when I saw the limited edition Red Velvet, I had to buy them. And they are now sitting in my pantry taunting me. I ate one and it was pretty good, but I think I'll go back to swearing them off again after this box is gone. Sigh...